To many nerfs sucked all the fun out of lumberjacking/carpentry

let me explain.
Nerfs that have affected this being: PvP wilderness nerf, Archery Nerf, lumberjacking skill gain nerf, sneaky blightwood rarirty nerf....

they added in the rare house layouts which take blightwood to get so they made blightwood harder to get... thus creating a whole new carrot on a stick for us to chase that they took our legs away during the race.

Comments

• I've seen posts in discord saying the new rewards are too easy to get.

I'm confused.
  • They're easy for people who stockpiled thousands of mats. Once those mats are gone, they'll start complaining about how a single workorder can take 8 hours.
  • The Plonk brothersThe Plonk brothers Australia
    edited September 7
    Fair point, I'm looking at it from the Amber Moon mindset.

I have about 83% LJ now and am getting about 25-33% Blightwood from ash trees.
    Not great but not horrible.

It will take me a while to get that Tudor, but I'm happy to just chip away at it.

The worst thing is when I look at trees with red leaves in real life now, I wonder if they are Ash or Blightwood.
  • edited September 7
    Went out hunting for blightwood yesterday. They've definitely reduced the amount of wood each tree gives. On average I got 6 blightwood per tree (GM LJ) - thats 1 board from an entire tree - used to be double that.
  • What’s the point of making blightwood more rare? Its not like crafted weapons are so op that they break the game if they’re plentiful... I just shake my head in confusion over these decisions.
  • Presumably it's because carpentry rewards include rare houses now.
    i know, I know... my neck hurts too.
  • Death said:

What’s the point of making blightwood more rare? Its not like crafted weapons are so op that they break the game if they’re plentiful... I just shake my head in confusion over these decisions.

totally agree
  • SheermSheerm United States
    Blightwood is indeed hard to get . But then so are good craft orders.

• The worst thing is when I look at trees with red leaves in real life now, I wonder if they are Ash or Blightwood.

LOL... thanks for that bro!! I've had a similar experience. After reading some of the other threads, a good old fashion humorous reality check was just what I needed!

• The worst thing is when I look at trees with red leaves in real life now, I wonder if they are Ash or Blightwood.

LOL... thanks for that bro!! I've had a similar experience. After reading some of the other threads, a good old fashion humorous reality check was just what I needed!
    cheers :)