PvP server options

So how come CS did not release a pvp server for people who bought the game back when it was advertised as a wolf's and sheep eco-system. Would it be that hard for one of the servers to have less protected zones? I don't see why we can't have the option. Blue players who want a to feel like there is a risk involved can play on a pvp server and other blues who want to be left alone while they are skilling up and farming can have more of a pve server with limited pvp. The controversy and all the crying and negative steam reviews about LOA selling out and going trammel... it seems like it would not be hard to make everyone happy by releasing a server with less protected zones.

Comments

• Stop making sense Jason! I really enjoyed getting attacked by you and feeling the risk of adventure. So sad its all gone now.
  • UO did this with the Siege Perilous server.

It was incredibly empty and boring.

You don't actually think massive crowds of blues are going to move to a PvP server do you?

If you want to kill each other just join factions and do it.
  • DivinorumDivinorum USA
    edited August 28
    Ithiel said:

UO did this with the Siege Perilous server.

You don't actually think massive crowds of blues are going to move to a PvP server do you?

I would move to a full PVP server and I have never even flagged orange. I new what I was backing when they originally advertised the game and that is why I supported it. Its unfortunate that some people backed the game without knowing what was advertised and complained enough that major changes where made to the advertised product.

They made a murder simulator not a living breathing world its kinda hard to blame it on the players.

Even now people are still complaining about PVP and wanting a full PVE server. Why not have both worlds available?
  • edited August 29
    Used car salesman trying to sell you a lemon. His name is Ithiel, buyer beware.
  • Divinorum said:

Ithiel said:

I would move to a full PVP server and I have never even flagged orange. I new what I was backing when they originally advertised the game and that is why I supported it. Its unfortunate that some people backed the game without knowing what was advertised and complained enough that major changes where made to the advertised product.

They made a murder simulator not a living breathing world its kinda hard to blame it on the players.

Even now people are still complaining about PVP and wanting a full PVE server. Why not have both worlds available?
    I played this game, mortal online for 2 years. It was full player loot, PvP.

I quit when a dev cam out and publicly apologized to the community for duping money for the biggest PvP guild on the server.

I digress. What was unique about that game is the rare resources were only found in certain areas.

This gave people something to war over. Maybe oasis could be that place. Perhaps a rare "star iron" or "blood oak" can be found in hard to reach areas of oasis in deep caverns.

Just an idea...
  • Grex said:

Used car salesman trying to sell you a lemon. His name is Ithiel, buyer beware.

Beep beep!

Want to buy some lemonade?
  • Ithiel said:

Siege was empty and boring? You obviously never played on Siege. It was a blast, had a solid, veteran population with awesome fights. That along with the single character per account and everything being harder made it the most fun I had in UO.
  • Ithiel said:

Divinorum said:

Ithiel said:

I played this game, mortal online for 2 years. It was full player loot, PvP.

I quit when a dev cam out and publicly apologized to the community for duping money for the biggest PvP guild on the server.

I digress. What was unique about that game is the rare resources were only found in certain areas.

This gave people something to war over. Maybe oasis could be that place. Perhaps a rare "star iron" or "blood oak" can be found in hard to reach areas of oasis in deep caverns.

Just an idea...
    Even without putting there unique resources, if you increase the resource yeld of it to sufficient levels, you will see guilds fighting for the control of it.

It is pretty much a truth now that the resources harvested in the safe area are simply not enough for the needs of the server, especially rare resources (vile, silk, obsidian and blightwood). Make those resources easy to harvest in Oasis, and people will fight for it.
  • Teufel said:

Ithiel said:

Siege was empty and boring? You obviously never played on Siege. It was a blast, had a solid, veteran population with awesome fights. That along with the single character per account and everything being harder made it the most fun I had in UO.
    Nah, gate camping with 3-4 stealth archer buddies using heavy x-bow was way more fun!
  • The Plonk brothersThe Plonk brothers Australia
    edited September 7
    By focusing the pvp into one zone, people won't have to struggle to find pvp, they know exactly where to find it.

And the good thing is, you wont have to just fight sheep that will run away or be easy kills, fights in the pvp zone will mean something.

If however you just want easy kills against sheep, I can understand your disappointment.

I do agree though, the best resources should be in the pvp zone.
  • Baja_BuysBaja_Buys Amber Moon
    they should just have a different ruleset server like Siege Perilous. Offer character and/or bank transfers (only, no housing transfer) from other servers.
  • The Plonk brothersThe Plonk brothers Australia
    edited September 7
    I think what they said in the recent mmorpg interview is that they are relying on community servers to fill that space, their focus is on developing the "engine".

As long as they provide decent incentives to go to the pvp zones on the current map, I don't see a problem with channelling most of the pvp into a certain part of the map.

Prior to this I played Darkfall and I've seen what happens when all the sheep are gone. I don't want it to happen here.
  • I think what they said in the recent mmorpg interview is that they are relying on community servers to fill that space, their focus is on developing the "engine".

As long as they provide decent incentives to go to the pvp zones on the current map, I don't see a problem with channelling most of the pvp into a certain part of the map.

Prior to this I played Darkfall and I've seen what happens when all the sheep are gone. I don't want it to happen here.

It really depends on if what is in that part of the map is worth going after. If every mob in that area drops alchemy reagents, double gold, and an increased chance of other rare items like treasure maps than people will take the risk. If its an awakening that you can do once and unlock something than no one is going to do it regularly. It needs to be consistent reward for consistent risk.

Forcing it into 1 area of the map is just inconvenient. It changes it from risk for reward to just an "Apex Legends" area. We have the perfect server for making the changes the OP was asking for. Just make one facit on Etherial Mountian a PvP area with double drops. The other side can stay as it is. Now suddenly you get 100% of the content no matter if you are a wolf or a sheep.