Archery feedback, assuming the changes stand

The autofire toggle kinda sucks, as far as toggles go.
-- Autofire should stop when you run out of arrows.
-- Looting (or just moving items around) should not interrupt autofire.
-- You should be able to start/stop autofire while notching an arrow. (If you try to toggle autofire on while notching an arrow after 'Fire Arrow' (single-shot), you have to use it twice—and wait out the cooldown twice—before it will work.
-- (Bard) Using riddles should not interrupt autofire.

Comments

• Archery is perplexingly awful all around now. It needs attending to.
  • Checking back in. Have not played since the end of August, as Archery and some other skills I use were utterly destroyed in the general release. Have things been addressed in this core skill?
  • Archery is much better now.
  • Archery should be a cast button, you can run and shoot all you want. but to shoot you need to press a "fire" button that takes .5sec or how ever long to shoot relative to bow speed. treating Archery as a melee is hindering it performance, Archery is ranged, maged is Ranged, archery should be within the guise of magery without the cost of mana, while still within the limitations of "ranged"
  • Archery should be a cast button, you can run and shoot all you want. but to shoot you need to press a "fire" button that takes .5sec or how ever long to shoot relative to bow speed. treating Archery as a melee is hindering it performance, Archery is ranged, maged is Ranged, archery should be within the guise of magery without the cost of mana, while still within the limitations of "ranged"

Get a tank using Bloodlust and have him mash Taunt. Works great and archers sit back and shoot while I take all the damage.
  • PetrPetr Czech Republic
    I'm very frustrated about how hunters notching arrow works now.
    1. When you don't have target, you can't prepare your bow to shoot. You need to target something.
    2. When you switch weapon (for example shovel) to bow, you will start notching arrow automatically without target and your movement speed is not slowed for this notching! (Probably bug, at last I hope)
    3. As a hunter, you have no control over your slow movement speed, respectively notching. Next notching start right after you shoot, why? And you can't cancel notching, why? For example mage class can perform both control mechanism.

Solution, which should be easy and probably help a lot will be to let notching act like a 2 way button. One press for notching (which will be new icon and label for "Q"), after that the "Q" button is changed to fire arrow which you can use whenever you want. And important - notching will be possible to cancel by pressing Escape and will not require target!
  • Try it now Archery may not be perfect , but is strong now . Caution you will smoke your bows quickly especially the short bows . Bring lots of arrows too .
  • I like the new archery, but i keep getting out of stamina extremely fast even without using any skill.
    The damage an archer can do now is probably close a mage in pve, but you end up being out of stamina before said mage runs out of mana.

Can we possibly get to put patience runes on armors?
  • Ruggero said:

I like the new archery, but i keep getting out of stamina extremely fast even without using any skill.
    The damage an archer can do now is probably close a mage in pve, but you end up being out of stamina before said mage runs out of mana.

Can we possibly get to put patience runes on armors?

Enchant your bow with "Patience" Runes to give it "Centershot" Will help stabilize your stamina loss.
  • Stamina potions may help as well .