Bard - What's the point

I've played a bard and I love the idea but since almost no one ever tips, and those that do its 5-10g, what's the point? I played an entertainer in SWG way back when and make a ton of money and friends, wish that same type of thing would happen in LoA.

Comments

• Vitality.

Also Bard isn't a class itself it needs to be paired with warrior rogue or mage or tamer to be useful.
  • Bard - What's the point?
    Basically everything other than afk plying in taverns. Expect bards to get nerfed pretty soon.
  • WhoopsiesWhoopsies United States
    That's kind of sad. I enjoy the social and "healing vitality" part of the bard. I don't AFK play, I find I get booted quickly when I do that anyway.
  • FiFi the Wiccan
    Vitality, as another mentioned, and group support:
    • Song of Earth for Fighters (stamina regeneration).
    • Song of Water for Mages (mana regeneration).
    • Riddle of Force for Fighters and Pets (creatures receive increased physical damage).
    • Riddle of Havoc for Mages (creatures receive increased spell damage).
    • Riddle of Virility stacked with Poison (severely reduced healing received).

It is a little disheartening that Bards aren't really tipped, but since we're allowed to AFK in an inn or tavern and let "Q" play for us—as long as we aren't macro'ing anything else while AFK, some occasional tips may come here and there depending on the server's population as lesser populated servers may appreciate Bards much more than the more populated servers.
  • edited August 24
    ... are you telling me that i am the only one who regularly tips 1000g every time i recharge vitality?
  • Ruggero said:

... are you telling me that i am the only one who regularly tips 1000g every time i recharge vitality?

yes you are
  • MofakaMofaka United States
    Ruggero said:

Yeah, I've 2 GM bards.
    I've recieved 1 tip, for 67 gold, because my RL friend had killed a zombie and wanted to test out the tip mechanic.
  • WhoopsiesWhoopsies United States
    Well I'm a bard on Amber Moon and I have gotten between 0-2000 in a tip so it really depends on the value the "customer" places on the service AND whether or not they left all their money in the bank lol.
  • ECBoots84ECBoots84 United States
    Bank tipping would increase tips
  • I am on 'VE and I tip every time I use a bards service. Minimum 1,000 gold.
  • That's great that it's a support class, but it should have also been more like UO with the controlling aspects of soloing monsters.
  • Baja_BuysBaja_Buys Amber Moon
    Dominion said:

That's great that it's a support class, but it should have also been more like UO with the controlling aspects of soloing monsters.

It already has some amount of discord and peacemaking with some skills

However, the provocation element is missing.

If Provo was added, it could make way for a pure Bard build, opening up a slightly different playstyle. Maybe something like Music/Ent/Provo/Evoc/Mani/Channel or switch mage skills to dexer skills (weapon/vigor/heal or something)