Mage Tome question ...

If I unlock the Journeyman Mage Tome, and then I drop Evocation, etc. will I still be able to use the Ability (like Meditation)?

Just curious because I want to know if having Meditation as just a Manifestation Mage is still an option.

Comments

• MordakaiMordakai Midwest
    edited August 13
    Damn good question, im still working on my mage. If no one has responded by then, I'll let you know as I am only going to GM in all 4 for the Skill.. I plan to drop 2 of them back to 80 for the extra 20 points. Which if your question is answered in a way that sucks.. then this wont even be an option..

I think they should require it to unlock, but not maintained to use..
  • Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
    Alki said:

If I unlock the Journeyman Mage Tome, and then I drop Evocation, etc. will I still be able to use the Ability (like Meditation)?

Just curious because I want to know if having Meditation as just a Manifestation Mage is still an option.

To use the abilities you need to have the skill at the minimum required.
    edited August 13
    Ewok_CS said:

Alki said:

Ouch that is a nail in the foot.

GM Evoc GM Mani GM Attunement GM affinity GM Music GM Entertainment. 0 skills.. that is a bit harsh. if you work to unlock it, you should be allowed to keep it. Pass this up for consideration.. otherwise lower the requirements for skills aka I shouldn't have to take what you feel makes a mage. if I have 4 GM skills that are "Magey" that should work.

Let me know what you think.
  • Otherwise it is really locking us into classes in a classless system until you unlock more.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    If you get an ability and then drop the skill, you could have all of them.
  • Mordakai said:

Otherwise it is really locking us into classes in a classless system until you unlock more.

I hope they start adding races to go along with their class system. :wink:
    edited August 14
    Sacha said:

If you get an ability and then drop the skill, you could have all of them.

It was confirmed that was a bug.. now you have to maintain the skill that is required to use the ability..

I hope this changes otherwise any form of hybrid is out the question.

I want to run a mage / bard without channeling.. don't need it with meditation and bard mana recovery... however if I want to use an ability I have to have points in channeling.. ( no room boss sorry)

• Ewok_CS said:

Alki said:

Thank you for replying and clearing this up for us. It's greatly appreciated.