Merge all servers

Merge all servers into one, with the split instances of the existing servers to keep everyones houses.

This dead emptyness sucks dude you screwed our server.

Comments

• I think they have spoken about being able to travel between servers in the past. At least someone else I read mentioned that was an original play. That being said the original servers (at least AS) are not dead and I kind of like not having to compete for the same spawns.
  • edited August 12
    Most of us want pvp…
    nobody left to fight
    id rather wait for spawns all year long with more people to play with
  • Think population on servers are bad now. Based off their history and nobody wants stale bread they are going to launch a new server when EA is over. Early access ends in 6-12 months it might be worth the wait.
  • I'd rather keep the old servers separate from the new. No new player should be forced into playing on a 8+ month established server just because you want people to kill.

If you wanted a healthy population, you should've done what most of us did: Realize that the old servers and their legacy is really bad, abandon your old server and move to the new one.

If you didn't do this, that's on you. I personally abandoned a GM with Death gear for the new server and don't regret it one bit.
  • GlumpfnerGlumpfner Ireland
    edited August 13
    rgarrett said:

Merge all servers into one, with the split instances of the existing servers to keep everyones houses.

I think you're missing the main point on why there are multiple servers in the first place. It's to provide servers across the world in different locations, to keep the ping low. At the moment Asian players and Oceanic players have a ping of 300ms, no matter what server they connect to.
    Imaging having just one server. Where should it be located? US? Where exactly? East, Central, West? This way one coast of the US will have a good ping, the other coast with have 100-200 and the rest of the world will be left with pings of 200-500.
    With a system like that, you're alienating 80% of your players by giving them a bad connection resulting in horrible lag, just to satisfy 20% of players?

You gotta rethink that idea.

From a technical point of view, this is a massive undertaking that could take years to implement.
    Apart from that, with such a feature of instancing housing, the game is no longer considered open world. LoA is fascinating mainly because it's open world without instances.
    rgarrett said:

Most of us want pvp…

Based on 6 months of feedback in this forum, reddit, steam and discord, most people actually wanted to be able to enjoy the full content of the game in PvE mode, with the option to go PvP if they feel like it. Those players who only want to PvP are in the minority.

It will probably take a while for CS to get the balancing right between PvE and PvP. So far it seems they went both extremes. First too much PvP, now too much PvE.

• MorphMorph Denmark
    Glumpfner said:

It will probably take a while for CS to get the balancing right between PvE and PvP. So far it seems they went both extremes. First too much PvP, now too much PvE.

I do believe you have a point. I am an UO veteran so to me it feels wrong that you cannot noto, nor kill anyone in 80% of the landmass. I miss my Blue/Grey/Red system. But the game needs an escape mechanism for that to work, like UO recall and incoming names.

However, I don’t think you’re exactly correct. In my opinion, people need to adapt to the new reality in LoA.

Let’s take a look at how UO did: From the get go you could PK without any restrictions or disadvantages – Np penalties! So it Sosaria became one murdering slaughter field. OSI saw the problem and countered it by introducing stat lose for PKs, which drastically removed murders – In time they added Order/Chaos, guild fights, faction fights. Around 2002 only hardcore PKs still went on their raids, but towns were full of PVP – Faction fights, Order/Chaos + declaring war on any guild you were not allied with.

It’s the same for LoA, ppl just had their free card for PK removed, and are whining instead of adapting and joining faction, forging guild alliances and declaring wars on each other. If people just adapt and accept the PVP playing ground then the towns and dungeons could be swarming with people PVPing … but the nature of humanity is not to embrace changes, it is to resent it and disapprove of it. To bad..

Things take time and all the whiners will leave, but the new players who is right now adapting to the game will accept factions and join them, so in the near future we will see town fights, dungeon duels and so on, atleast that is what I think 
  • I for one enjoy playing on VE. The population is low but seems to be steadily growing.

I would rather play the slow game than become bombarded with overwhelmed hunting grounds.

I agree with @Morph That people need to adapt, join a faction, and enjoy the game as it is.
  • Open the Dead Gate to cross between shards. Then it's on the people who go across those lines to choose what they want to do. But keep housing to ONLY your home shard ... meaning, you cannot place a home on another shard other than yours.

Make it happen.
  • I am on Amber Moon and right now I have about 40 people around me in town and wherever I go there are people everywhere, We are up to 70 in our guild with people asking everyday.
  • I am on VE and there seems to be only 1 real guild that has a lot of people in it and that guild has been around forever. There are very few minor guilds with minor players in it but seems vast majority of the shards playerbase is either solo or in a singular guild. They should realize that the launch was 100% failure and work on making there a waypoint to allow you to travel to a different server but as a previous poster said you cannot place on other shards only on your server. I don't see a downfall because people will migrate between the heavily populated servers to a lower pop for an area they are trying to farm. Others from a not so much populated server will go to a more populated server such as Amber Moon. I am sure AM won't be the most populated server for long. Just right now all new players rather go to a new server for a fresh start, or vet players want a fresh start for better housing, etc.
  • ZaphieonZaphieon Philippines
    They can not even get half their scripts working as intended and you are asking them to do more net coding to appease your pvp urges.. the "hardcore" pvp'ers.... or lets just call it like it is the newb bashers that killed harvester's mainly did the pve changes to themselves. There are factions that allow you to pvp EVERYWHERE... but of course a miner isn't going to join a faction so your idea of PvP''ing is not fullfilled with factions... also the hardcore pvp'ers tend not to enjoy a level playing field at all... or a playing field where it isn't tilted in their favor.. so yeah.. factions seems like a bad idea.. what if you join a faction then a lot of other players are in the other faction.. my oh my..

Only way to fix pvp ( as before ) is to give more hindrance to murderers. stat and skill lose of 2-5% per death they have. make it so rough on a red that all that free loot comes with a very hard price. I remember when me and my bro was going around killing miners back in UO for the free ore and such. we would go in a cave( keeping our kill counts below 5 ) and pretend to harvest waiting for the miner to get fat and start doing the ground shuffle to move ore to a smelter, back and forth a few times... one day we were in a cave with a guy and he seemed fat already so we jumped on him but were we mistaken see he had hidden a demon in the corner with invis spell.. then he casted a paralyze wall at the exit so we couldn''t run out, the miner ( gm mage ) went on to wipe our asses all over the cave..... was fun times and this kind of situation could be done in UO but i doubt it could be accomplished here.
  • There was 500 people in my guild on AZ now I think less than 10 play. These we mostly PvE players and they have not came back.
  • Anyone know of anything like this?

Trying to debate if i should bother fixing my character on my old server.

Not starting over i guess if no merge im done because of population. nothing to do...

• SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    I doubt it, and I hope not.
  • Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
    2 of the same topic merged.
  • edited August 14
    I really hope they have ideas or plan too, because they have 3 practically empty servers or at least Verdant earth nearly is.

How cool would it be to have server wars/raids or different crafting resources on each server. Obviously there would be rules/ restrictions placed.

-Make Legends of Aria Great again
  • I would normally be against this in every way but SOMETHING needs to be done. I would bite the bullet and deal with merges if it meant I could use the character again that I invested months of my time into.
  • Vardent Earth is sooo dead. :(
  • TeufelTeufel Aria
    edited August 14
    I like AS how it is. A lot more players than two weeks ago, but still not crazy and plenty of vets. I don’t like the changes to pvp zones, though. It makes the game too easy. I was at tree last night and wasn’t worried one bit about a gank. I think I fell asleep during phase 2 for a few mins. Probably 40 people there.

Please keep the noobs on Noobie Moon. Ty.
  • I am on VE and do not want to be merged onto an over populated server. I also see new players joining every day.
  • We don't need a merge, need a way to travel to different servers
  • Ithiel said:

I am on VE and do not want to be merged onto an over populated server. I also see new players joining every day.

I wouldn't mind seeing VE at the top of the server list for a couple weeks to soak up at least a few more of the new players.
  • Squid said:

Ithiel said:

I am on VE and do not want to be merged onto an over populated server. I also see new players joining every day.

I wouldn't mind seeing VE at the top of the server list for a couple weeks to soak up at least a few more of the new players.
    Maybe on the log in screen they could put server occupancy like low, and high. Not sure ifnthat would help or not.
  • Squid said:

Ithiel said:

That won't make any meaningful difference.
    Ithiel said:

Squid said:

Ithiel said:

Maybe on the log in screen they could put server occupancy like low, and high. Not sure ifnthat would help or not.
    That would actually make it worse. People see that AM has higher pop, is new, and will just join that instead.
  • Teufel said:

I like AS how it is. A lot more players than two weeks ago, but still not crazy and plenty of vets. I don’t like the changes to pvp zones, though. It makes the game too easy. I was at tree last night and wasn’t worried one bit about a gank. I think I fell asleep during phase 2 for a few mins. Probably 40 people there.

Enjoy your dead server I guess, lol.
  • Vastain said:

Squid said:

Ithiel said:

Ithiel said:

Squid said:

Ithiel said:

That would actually make it worse. People see that AM has higher pop, is new, and will just join that instead.
    Vastain said:

Teufel said:

Nothing but negative, what's your proposed solution?
  • Vastain said:

Squid said:

Ithiel said:

Ithiel said:

Squid said:

Ithiel said:

In your opinion. I always join servers with low population in games. It gives me a higher chance at actually enjoying content.

The hunting grounds are not full 24/7
  • edited August 16
    Mordakai said:

Vastain said:

Squid said:

Ithiel said:

Ithiel said:

Squid said:

Ithiel said:

Vastain said:

Teufel said:

Go for a merge between AS and VE. It won't be pretty, but it's the only solution with any real meaningful impact in terms of population.

You can remove the NEW tag from AM, move it to the bottom of the list, it doesn't matter. You won't log in one day and your server will be full of players.

My simple opinion is the damage is already done, and unless drastic measure is taken, nothing will change.
  • Vastain said:

Mordakai said:

Vastain said:

Squid said:

Ithiel said:

Ithiel said:

Squid said:

Ithiel said:

Vastain said:

Teufel said:

Go for a merge between AS and VE. It won't be pretty, but it's the only solution with any real meaningful impact in terms of population.

You can remove the NEW tag from AM, move it to the bottom of the list, it doesn't matter. You won't log in one day and your server will be full of players.

My simple opinion is the damage is already done, and unless drastic measure is taken, nothing will change.
    Much better response..

In this type of game you will never ever see a merger.. maybe a server deleted but never merged.. Who has that house spot first? Why does he get to keep it and not me? I had the best spot before the merger!!!! That will cost you even more of those that are still hanging on.. Merger or Delete either way is bad.. Best solution I have seen and I still don't agree, but I does hit 2 key areas. Death gate is just that 1 world, that is full low full blown pvp no safe zone except 1 town, however even the new thieving skills will work there (in town) that zone is. There is only 1 instance of the death world.. and all other servers are tied to it..

Gives the optional full zerg pvp that folks are complaing was removed, make it 2x the resource gain there, 1.5 the money.. What you make there stays there.. place a house.. place a vendor.. but it is your choice to live there or not..

This gives the pvp gankers freedom to gank, and it gives a more localized area to gather.. then if you don't like the pvp you never have to set foot in it.. And if people complain that the PVE servers are dead and the pvp is hopping.. well that tells you who the majority is.. and vice versa.

TLDR: Death Gate goes to a single instance that all servers have access to. Full PVP, Better Resource gains. Cant remove items from there, but can build and live as normal. PVP is funneled into 1 server, pve still has its farming grounds..
  • @Mordakai

It seems like we are trying to re-invent the wheel here. It is far to early to throw our hands up and demand a complete system overhaul.

If You can't remove items from the "pvp" server then people from "safe" servers will just dump materials/gear into that server.

I would rather the developers focus on expanding already in place systems like professions. It would also help if they took the "NEW" tag off of the new severso people will be encouraged to populate the other servers.