A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

Realistically based on history, will this game improve more rapidly now that steam release is out?

Simple question. History shows that Citadel Studios is SLOW. Painfully so. The patch notes are very sad when they address like 5 issues during a 1 or 2 week development cycle. The game is still extremely buggy and just feels overall unpolished for being so far in development already.

Should I still play it? I want it to be a good game so badly that I still play it from time to time, but I'm just really losing hope that they can deliver fast enough to keep the player base.

Regards,
Deacon

Comments

• DivinorumDivinorum USA
    edited August 12
    This is their second early access launch (Beta). Its up to you if you do not mind major changes that may or may not void all your progress.
  • Depends what you mean by improvement. If you think the WoWification of LoA is a good thing, then yes it will improve. For the rest of us who expected more, the game is already dead. I still visit the boards hoping to see a change in focus towards the game I wanted. So far it's going 100%s the opposite way. Not going to retread my ideas here yet again.
  • They added a lot of staff recently (relatively speaking), so changes should happen at a faster pace. Will those changes be improvements? Maybe.
  • One can hope; its getting slaughtered in the STEAM reviews so far
  • One can hope; its getting slaughtered in the STEAM reviews so far

56% percent positive is not slaughtered, not great either, but definitely not slaughtered. Most of those negative reviews are from existing players that didn't like the changes.
  • AspetraAspetra USA, Maine - Verdant Earth
    Vyril said:

One can hope; its getting slaughtered in the STEAM reviews so far

56% percent positive is not slaughtered, not great either, but definitely not slaughtered. Most of those negative reviews are from existing players that didn't like the changes.
    It was at 50% for a few days after steam release, then began to slowly climb up to 56% a couple days ago, however I have been watching the score plummet once again, now sitting at a 53%.

I keep a close eye on in-game player stats and scores so that I can evaluate the health of the game, and I really do hope to see it trend back up once again. However unless there are sweeping changes to the UI and to the way combat plays, I do not see it happening anytime right in the near future.

Hopefully CS has plenty of money in reserve and the willingness to keep going to fix all the problems.
  • VyrilVyril US
    edited August 13
    Aspetra said:

Vyril said:

One can hope; its getting slaughtered in the STEAM reviews so far

It was at 50% for a few days after steam release, then began to slowly climb up to 56% a couple days ago, however I have been watching the score plummet once again, now sitting at a 53%.

I keep a close eye on in-game player stats and scores so that I can evaluate the health of the game, and I really do hope to see it trend back up once again. However unless there are sweeping changes to the UI and to the way combat plays, I do not see it happening anytime right in the near future.

Hopefully CS has plenty of money in reserve and the willingness to keep going to fix all the problems.
    Don't spout nonsense. And the score hasn't gone past 56%.

Saying "plummet" is purely click bait.

• Last time I checked 56% is still a failing grade. If I did that % quality of work at my job I would be fired.
  • Divinorum said:

Last time I checked 56% is still a failing grade. If I did that % quality of work at my job I would be fired.

56% gets you elected into office.
  • Vyril said:

Divinorum said:

Last time I checked 56% is still a failing grade. If I did that % quality of work at my job I would be fired.

Not with the US electoral college. They appoint people into office with less the 50%.
  • Divinorum said:

Vyril said:

Divinorum said:

Not with the US electoral college. They appoint people into office with less the 50%.
    You're pushing semantics, in a large majority of voting you get elected with anything over 50%.