A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

Does Magical Attunement do anything for Manifestation?

edited August 13 in General Discussion
If it does, I'm not seeing it. Testing went as follows ...

I'm currently 80.2 Manifestation, 83.1 Magical Attunement with 28 Wisdom.
50 Greater Healing casts with each type of Staff/Wand respectively.

Results:

No weapon equipped = 120 was lowest heal, 163 was highest heal. 143.2 average heal @ 50 casts.
Lesser Attunement Staff equipped = 129 was lowest, 168 was highest. 149.5 average heal @ 50 casts.
Some Attunement Staff equipped = 132 was lowest, 161 was highest. 147.9 average heal @ 50 casts. (lower avg.? Huh?)
Greater Attunement Wand equipped = 134 was lowest, 166 was highest. 151.4 average heal @ 50 casts.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. If this is working as intended, it's an awful lot of work for 8.2 healing average per cast at my skill level. The only benefit I see is the floor level is a little better. Hell, my Tamer has 90.4 Manifestation and I'm averaging 167.5 with no attunement at all. For 10 skill, one would think I should already be at or above the 167.5 I'm seeing from my Tamer Manifestation.

I would also like to point out that I don't think wands are working right now from a skill gain standpoint. You simply gain nothing with a wand equipped. But I digress ...

I understand how RNG works, but I would think 50 casts is a large enough sample size to come to a somewhat meaningful conclusion here. Surely the averages would work themselves out at 50 casts, wouldn't they?

I can try to go to 100 casts and see what that gets me, but right now, I don't have the time for that. Anyone want to give it a go?

I would really like some clarification on this from a Dev. or someone that knows a lot more than I do. Right now, I'm not even interested in pursuing this skill any further because of the lackluster results I'm seeing.

Comments

• I replied to your other post, but I'll say something here as well.

1. Equip a staff, not a wand. Staves are better.
    2. Cast damage spells too. Attunement doesn't only affect healing.
    3. Monitor your "Power" stat on your paperdoll, it will change based on your attunement skill and wand/staff equipped.

Generally, the difference is huge. I'm at work right now but when I get back I'll do a few casts with my 100 Mani 100 Attunement toon and get back to you.
  • MorphMorph Denmark
    edited August 13
    Magic attunment does quite alot.

I have a White Staff, Greater Magic Attunment, with 86 attunment, 50 int, 4xgm mage i have 32 power and nuke e-bolts for 230ish

Best heal I've seen was around 190-210

The weapon you carry increase your power - i got wands that put my power to 27, 28 - staff thats 26 others are 29 ... the skill alone does not do the trick.
  • Morph said:

I have a White Staff, Greater Magic Attunment, with 86 attunment, 50 int, 4xgm mage i have 32 power and nuke e-bolts for 230ish

The weapon you carry increase your power - i got wands that put my power to 27, 28 - staff thats 26 others are 29 ... the skill alone does not do the trick.

That's really powerful. E-bolts used to hit that hard before CS nefred mages back in January.
  • edited August 13
    Morph said:

That's only 32ish more in heals than my 90.5 Manifestation Tamer with no Attunement. One could assume that my heals are going to gain 32ish just by getting to 100 in Manifestation alone.

I have a hunch that Attunement isn't working with Manifestation based on the information you've provided and pretty much confirms the results seen in my original post. Can a Dev chime in on this?

• Vastain said:

I replied to your other post, but I'll say something here as well.

1. Equip a staff, not a wand. Staves are better.
    2. Cast damage spells too. Attunement doesn't only affect healing.
    3. Monitor your "Power" stat on your paperdoll, it will change based on your attunement skill and wand/staff equipped.

Generally, the difference is huge. I'm at work right now but when I get back I'll do a few casts with my 100 Mani 100 Attunement toon and get back to you.

I'm very curious to see your results. Please PM me if you need to. I'd really like to see the numbers you're pulling to compare to Manifestation WITHOUT Magical Attunement. I really do think it's not working with Manifestation.