A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

Vitality / Bards - Suggestions for Improvement

VyrilVyril US
edited August 12 in General Discussion
Here is a suggestion to expand upon the Vitality / Bard scenario.

Let's assume Vitality is a 110 point system. This could potentially be stretched out to a to a larger scale to allow for the system to work. Like a 500 point system.

110 - 100 = Well Rested
99 - 70 = Rested
69 - 40 = Content
39 - 10 = Fatigued
9 - 0 = Exhausted

Bards - Give 2-5% vitality per tick. Higher the Entertainment / Musicianship the larger the vitality gain.
Hearth / Bed - Gain 1% vitality per tick and cannot gain "Well Rested"

Well Rested - +10% Health and only obtainable by listening to a Bard
Rested through Fatigued - Whatever the back-end skill gains levels that they have in place.
Exhausted - -10% Health and No skill gains.

With the system above, Bards start being the preferred method since you don't spend as much time gaining vitality back. Skilled up Bards will also be more welcome since they will provide an even more efficient vitality gain.

Hearths / Beds will be a slow gain, but a nice backup to a town without Bards.

There still needs to be some tweaking on how much a certain ability / action takes on vitality, but that should come with our feedback and their analytics.

NOTIFICATIONS - Let's not show notifications on each point loss, but at the major status marks, i.e. Rested / Content / Fatigued. This way we're not getting spammed little by little, but at major vitality levels.

EDIT: Additional bonuses to Well Rested. Well Rested as a status can be short, but enough to give a little bump, and push towards using a Bard.

Increased Mount Speed
Faster Resource Gathering
Increased Gold Drop

Comments

• Inn hearths are supposed to give vitality back.

Not sure why it is not working.
  • Ithiel said:

Inn hearths are supposed to give vitality back.

Sure, regardless if it works or not, I think implementing something like this would enhance it.

Because if the hearth does start working again, why would it matter to be a bard at the Inn? Might as well of not even given bards the ability to regenerate vitality.
  • It's not working.
  • Vyril said:

Ithiel said:

Inn hearths are supposed to give vitality back.

Sure, regardless if it works or not, I think implementing something like this would enhance it.

Because if the hearth does start working again, why would it matter to be a bard at the Inn? Might as well of not even given bards the ability to regenerate vitality.
    I agree. I personally feel that the "E" ability on the instrument should enhance the duration or power of the song being played based on skill.

Vitality is kinda dumb as a required bard mechanic.