A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

No one wears armor?

I was always wondering why no one was wearing armor and now I know, it is pretty much worthless, the higher tier the more durability is pretty much all you get, not worth the effort or money. You need to tier it like other games and include resistances against magic. Otherwise we are just wearing to look like fighters but that is all it is for.

Comments

  • Armor was worthless in early access and it still is now. Melee is worthless for pve due to mob damage values vs armor resistance values.

    Also Mages...cause the game basically revolves around Mages.
  • Diamonas said:



    Also Mages...cause the game basically revolves around Mages.

  • its sad but true mages make everything else feel very unimportant
  • Diamonas said:

    Armor was worthless in early access and it still is now. Melee is worthless for pve due to mob damage values vs armor resistance values.

    Also Mages...cause the game basically revolves around Mages.

    Not true, Mages are always overlooked when updates comes:
    -Mage Hat counts as Clothing not as Armor (not enchantable, no +def) (a Mage without a Hat...come on)
    -no craftable Staffs/Wands
    -still no new Spells (magic light. summons, telekinesis, more fields, paralyse, mage armor)
    -no defense (no disarm move)
    - some Spells hurt Allies/own Pets/yourself
    - stuck with cloth Armor if you want mana recharged
    - cant heal while running,without mana, or silenced(every mage uses heal,vigor too, because its much better)

    and all in all for a full Mage you need 5 Skills maxed (evoc, Mani, mag Affi. Channeling, magic Attunement), for a fighter/Archer its 4 Skills only (Weapon, vigor, Heal, Martial Prowess)

    LoA Mages need more love <3
  • you realize Fighters/Archers compared to Mages are Terrible at PvE, PvP it depends on the player. The reason they added Magical Attunement was to Force Mages to be unable to use Healing/Vigor on top of Manifestation.

    They also added Martial Prowess to remove hybrid builds from the game, due to 600 skill point limit, this forces players to take Martial Prowess and Vigor to do Melee Damage, just like Magical Affinity and Magic Attunement for Mages to function, also they require Channeling as well. Tamers Require 380 skill points Minimum to have there pet and be able to heal/res it.

    They Basically did a Forced Holy Trinity to "Class" balance in a Skill Based MMORPG.

  • Every Build is terrible at Pve, compared to Tamers. But so far, my Macer is as good as my Mage killing Mobs.
  • Bardioc said:

    Every Build is terrible at Pve, compared to Tamers. But so far, my Macer is as good as my Mage killing Mobs.

    What makes your macer strong?
  • Diamonas said:

    you realize Fighters/Archers compared to Mages are Terrible at PvE, PvP it depends on the player. The reason they added Magical Attunement was to Force Mages to be unable to use Healing/Vigor on top of Manifestation.

    They also added Martial Prowess to remove hybrid builds from the game, due to 600 skill point limit, this forces players to take Martial Prowess and Vigor to do Melee Damage, just like Magical Affinity and Magic Attunement for Mages to function, also they require Channeling as well. Tamers Require 380 skill points Minimum to have there pet and be able to heal/res it.

    They Basically did a Forced Holy Trinity to "Class" balance in a Skill Based MMORPG.

    If Magical Attunement is supposed to force Mages to move away from Healing/Vigor, it's doing a pretty piss-poor job of it.

    Testing at Master Level with Manifestation and Magical Attunement is resulting in some pretty lackluster results.

    No staff/wand equipped = 143.2 average heal across 50 Greater Heals cast.
    Greater Wand Equipped = 151.4 average heal across 50 Greater Heals cast.

    That's a whopping 8.2 difference in healing on average from No staff/wand equipped to having a staff/wand equipped.

    Sorry, but investing 80 points in a skill only to get 8.2 more healing across 50 heals is pretty terrible if you ask me.

    Either it's broken, or they completely missed the mark with what they were intending with this skill.

  • Ithiel said:

    Bardioc said:

    Every Build is terrible at Pve, compared to Tamers. But so far, my Macer is as good as my Mage killing Mobs.

    What makes your macer strong?
    Chain or Plate Armor and Shield ;-) ,
    but it is nothing compared to a Tamer with Pet.
  • Seems the attunements effect evoke way more than manifest
  • Melees do good at lower skills. Later on stuff just does way too much damage to stand toe to toe
  • It's most likely broken, considering they have very very rarely ever released something without testing that isn't. But yes it is supposed to be a requirement.
  • Alki said:

    Diamonas said:

    you realize Fighters/Archers compared to Mages are Terrible at PvE, PvP it depends on the player. The reason they added Magical Attunement was to Force Mages to be unable to use Healing/Vigor on top of Manifestation.

    They also added Martial Prowess to remove hybrid builds from the game, due to 600 skill point limit, this forces players to take Martial Prowess and Vigor to do Melee Damage, just like Magical Affinity and Magic Attunement for Mages to function, also they require Channeling as well. Tamers Require 380 skill points Minimum to have there pet and be able to heal/res it.

    They Basically did a Forced Holy Trinity to "Class" balance in a Skill Based MMORPG.

    If Magical Attunement is supposed to force Mages to move away from Healing/Vigor, it's doing a pretty piss-poor job of it.

    Testing at Master Level with Manifestation and Magical Attunement is resulting in some pretty lackluster results.

    No staff/wand equipped = 143.2 average heal across 50 Greater Heals cast.
    Greater Wand Equipped = 151.4 average heal across 50 Greater Heals cast.

    That's a whopping 8.2 difference in healing on average from No staff/wand equipped to having a staff/wand equipped.

    Sorry, but investing 80 points in a skill only to get 8.2 more healing across 50 heals is pretty terrible if you ask me.

    Either it's broken, or they completely missed the mark with what they were intending with this skill.

    The difference is quite big at least for damage at GM. Got to remember that Attunement grants damage buffs too, not just healing.

    What the poster should've said is that you can't max healing/vigor if you want max damage and healing from spells. It's still a choice like you say, and the guy I play with locked attunement early and is going for healing + vigor instead. I do way more damage than him though when we play.
  • MorphMorph Denmark
    edited August 13
    To be honest, the armor from a +2 cloth set does make quite a bit of a difference. I’m happy with it.

    However, armor needs to be upgraded for melee classes – leather, chain, scale and especially plate.
    My tank takes too much damage in full plate and a shield, on top of that the penalty for wearing plate is way too high for the bonus you get in damage mitigation.

    This can be fixed by adding extra armor for the quality of ingots used. Lets say a full set of iron plate armor gives you 60, copper 63, gold 66, cobalt 69 and obsidian 72.

    Then add a flat bonus for using a shield based on skill. At 0-30 skill +1, 40-60 +3, 70 +4, 80, +5, 90 +7, 100 +10
    Something like that. That would increase mitigation by 30-40% for a tank.


    Also, while we’re at tanks, they need way too many stats to be useful, they need high con and wisdom for taking damage, also they need high agility to be able to hit fast enough to maintain agro. If their str is very low their damage output is also not sufficient to maintain some portion of agro.

    To have a valid tank for damage mitigation you need:
    40 constitution
    40 wisdom

    To be able to do somewhat damage you need:
    39 agility (-9 for plate, but keeping the 30 agi attack speed bonus)
    30 str (would prefer more to have better damage)

    These stats togeather is: 169 (you need 10 int and will) that’s 19 too much… so to be awesome at mitigation, you have to take 19 from either agility or str … leaving you hitting like wet paper.

  • Bardioc said:

    Ithiel said:

    Bardioc said:

    Every Build is terrible at Pve, compared to Tamers. But so far, my Macer is as good as my Mage killing Mobs.

    What makes your macer strong?
    Chain or Plate Armor and Shield ;-) ,
    but it is nothing compared to a Tamer with Pet.
    Cool. Yeah I have a GM tamer/bard. It's awesome.

    However, I have a warrior in chain, blocking, and piercing. I have no idea what to do with him just yet. Which is why i ask.

    Why do you use bashing vs other weapons?
Sign In or Register to comment.