Can't apply Leather Saddlebags to horse

RathadinRathadin Fort Worth, TX
I bought a horse from the NPC vendor in Helm. I bought some Leather Saddlebags from a player's merchant outside of their house. I can't apply the saddlebags to the horse... I get keeping an error saying, "You cannot equip animals or monsters that are not under your control."

What's the story here?

Comments

• I think the horses from stable masters come pre-equipped with saddles. You may not be able to equip saddlebags on a saddled horse. (speculative; haven't tested)
  • RathadinRathadin Fort Worth, TX
    Okay, then how do I turn this horse into a pack horse?? Because I don't need a horse to ride, I need to horse to drag behind me to hold ore.
  • OsyrusOsyrus United States
    edited August 9
    Rathadin said:

Okay, then how do I turn this horse into a pack horse?? Because I don't need a horse to ride, I need to horse to drag behind me to hold ore.

You have to buy one from a player tamer or tame one yourself. The ones sold by NPCs come with saddles and cannot be used as pack horses

(level 30 taming will work to tame a horse, you will fail ALOT but just keep spamming Q + T when you see the fail it will happen eventually)
  • RathadinRathadin Fort Worth, TX
    Awesome, thanks for the head's up man.