A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

Confused about Skilling Up

I'm trying to level my Archery and it seems like I can consistently get skill ups on some mobs but others, no matter how many times I kill I get zero skill ups. I'm about lvl 44 in Archery right now. It's been this way for about 2 days straight and I can't believe this is RNG.

For a while Wolves and Horses gave Skills but they have stopped. Right now the most consistent mob I can skill up on are Black Bears and Goblins (not goblin shamans though). I get no skills from: brown bears, grizzly bears, bandits, bone magi, etc.

Can anyone explain how skilling up works? Also if anyone get recommend a place to go and skill up I would appreciate it. Getting a bit frustrated. Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• Mobs have skill gain caps. Once you stop gaining skill you are required to fight harder mobs to continue to get gains. Try the Halls of Corruption from 50 - 80 skill level.
  • It seems like I've only getting levels on lower level mobs though. For example, I get skills from black bears but not brown or grizzly.
  • It seems like I've only getting levels on lower level mobs though. For example, I get skills from black bears but not brown or grizzly.

You get the best gains off mobs that are around your level. You cant fight liches etc on day one expecting good gains. The skill gain cap works in both directions.
  • Is there a guide on where I should go for each level? Or just keep killing black bears until I hit 50 or they stop giving levels?
  • Is there a guide on where I should go for each level? Or just keep killing black bears until I hit 50 or they stop giving levels?

I would explore the world and avoid guides because 95% of the content is simply leveling your skills. Do not race and try to enjoy the journey considering PvP is the primary end game content.
  • Thanks, I'm trying to enjoy it but it's frustrating that the only thing I can level on is Black Bears, Goblins and Zombies. Tried killing bandits and bone magi with friends last night but we don't get any skills from it so we all ended up wandering around looking for bears. Very boring and doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
  • MordakaiMordakai Midwest
    Try ghouls in the graveyards and see if they are a constant gain, if not try one of the dungeons.
  • If you're around 44 ghouls and Mummies should definitely give you all some skill ups till at least 50, possibly 60 (for mummy at least)
  • MorphMorph Denmark
    edited August 12
    My parth of training warrior skills:

0-40 Graveyards
    40-65 Rebel Camp between Pyros Landing and Cross Roads
    65-85 Pirats Grotto south of Valus - try to avoide Cosair, they hit hard - go for privateers
    65-85 Contempt level 1 - Kill the large orcs, orc throwers and trolls. (note - Trolls do give gains to GM...)
    85-100 Contempt level 2 - Wars, Harpies etc down there.
    85-100 Orc missions