A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO MAKE AN OPEN PVP OFFICIAL FRAGMENT?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Comments

• Hardcore backers would like to know...
  • We should be pushing for a 'hardcore' server where the only places that are 'guarded' are the cities and every single player is orange - (or red if they have sufficient negative karma)
  • MordakaiMordakai Midwest
    I know what you want, and are looking for.. however you are asking to split a low population into even smaller..Just thinking this out.. if you want to PVP you will be in the PVP area.. if not you wont.. so making a PVP only server.. you will only find the few people who already want to PVP who are already in the pvp area... only thing you accomplish by making the pvp server is making the world feel more empty..

I personally think it should revert this latest change back to what it was before.. however I don't think there is enough of us left who want a full loot full pvp world anymore. Last couple of games who have tried this failed.. hence why they went to more pve with some pvp model..
  • @Mordakai you are right - too little too late.
  • Prob all get bored with no miners to slaughter :)
  • There wasn't talk of hardcore server but according to the stream today, there will be more PvP content coming and maybe even something rumored to have some type of siege and PvP dungeons.
  • That game business model did not work out for Citadel Studios.

The loud minority who wanted full pvp quit and played other games when it was available.

The silent majority who did not want full pvp quit and played other games.

The result was a dead game...

Now we are here and it seems pretty fun to me. Mix of both worlds.
  • DmitriyDmitriy Russian Federation
    For a long time to chop wood don't, Pve is monotonous, too, get bored quickly and all the whiners will fall down! PvP is an incentive to farm mobs, download crafting, without Pvp game becomes monotonous and boring!
  • It probably won't happen. As Ithiel said, the old model could not keep players in the game for various reasons.
  • They will watch the game burn down around them before they admit they were wrong. We've been asking for open world pvp with a penalty karma system for reds like uo for years. They went the other direction and I project the very care bears that got their way will get board and largely leave in a month or so.
  • Necro said:

They will watch the game burn down around them before they admit they were wrong. We've been asking for open world pvp with a penalty karma system for reds like uo for years. They went the other direction and I project the very care bears that got their way will get board and largely leave in a month or so.

If this was true all of the "hardcore" PK's would have stayed when 70% of the world was wilderness.

That is not the case though, most of them quit and moved to other games.

The business model had to shift in order to attract more players. The proof is written on the walls.

Simply put, we are here because the old system was not successful for C.S.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Necro said:

They will watch the game burn down around them before they admit they were wrong. We've been asking for open world pvp with a penalty karma system for reds like uo for years. They went the other direction and I project the very care bears that got their way will get board and largely leave in a month or so.

Just get an admin to make a server with full pvp, and all those asking for years can play there.
  • Thank YouThank You Santa Cruz
    MTXDevp said:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This will be a glorious day
  • MordakaiMordakai Midwest
    edited August 14
    I am a pvp'r as well.. but what is the difference to you in full pvp.. or faction (consented) pvp? It seems the only idea here is the ability to kill anyone when you want to.. not fight someone who wants to fight you back… folks are making this so difficult, in reality the only thing the bitching and moaning is doing, is proving you are nothing but a griefer at heart.. You want full open world PVP it is out there.. join a faction. Someone get me a shaker to hold all these tears.. they are so salty..
  • NecroNecro Azure
    edited August 14
    Huge difference. Last night there was a group of players that came in to our spot that we were camping and started stealing kills. We should have the option to murder them. Just one example of many.
  • Necro said:

Huge difference. Last night there was a group of players that came in to our spot that we were camping and started stealing kills. We should have the option to murder them. Just one example of many.

If this group was this "huge", I doubt your small group could have killed them.

I agree that kill stealing is a crappy deal. But at least big groups are actually forming.

That shows life in the game...
  • Necro said:

War dec them and kill them every time they log in..farm them, like they farmed your "honey hole"