A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

Trained Abilities

Not able to put my Tome in the slots. Did the training at the Mage Trainer. Still can't do anything. Anyone know of a fix?

Comments

• I tried this yesterday and server crashed. Ill be trying again when I get off work if server is up.
  • Still cant figure out how to train the abilities.
  • Assuming we can actually train an ability, does anyone know if you have to maintain the skills that were required to train once you have the ability? For example, can you drop channeling once you train meditation?
  • I cant figure out how to begin task as the button states for for imagery. Nothing happens when I click it. This is for mastery tier
  • Still cant train any abilities that were taken away during last patch. Its hard to play when you cant get past this first step.
  • Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
    Divinorum said:

Still cant train any abilities that were taken away during last patch. Its hard to play when you cant get past this first step.

Can you please put in a bug report in game with as much detail as possible
  • Same here - I have completed the Journeyman level for a Fighter. Still can not figure out what to do with the Tome: Fighter. I am thinking this has something to do with replacing one of the abilities I lost access to after the patch. Anyone successful? Any ideas? Or is it still broken?

I would not think one would have to train through GM to do this for a Journeyman … *shrug*
  • DivinorumDivinorum USA
    edited August 7
    Ewok_CS said:

Divinorum said:

Still cant train any abilities that were taken away during last patch. Its hard to play when you cant get past this first step.

Can you please put in a bug report in game with as much detail as possible
    Apparently you are required to accomplish linear quests in a Sandbox game. I have no interest in doing quests or I would be playing World of Warcraft. Can we please make these optional?
  • Its working now :smile:
  • @Divinorum the Sandbox concept eroded when explicit class professions were introduced :(
  • MordakaiMordakai Midwest
    In order for skills (mage) you do the quest up to journyman. It will then give you a 2nd copy of your journyman book then you give that book to the trainer, and he allows you to pick any journyman skill. At least that is how it worked for the mage..
  • MordakaiMordakai Midwest
    And I also don't agree with the quest system required ( that part is fine however) esp when the only mage I have is/was a hybrid. In order to do the tier 2 and 3 books. I have to have 80/100 in ALL skills you deem are required for a mage. In my case I have Con locked tat 75 and Manifestation locked at 80.. no desire to take them to 100. So with that being said you are limiting my ability to play by gating my tier 2/3 skills.. So your forced to play your way by taking skills I don't want to 100, then backing them down and re raising the skills I do want..
  • How the heck do we train up archery, (previously having the skills prepatch)?
  • Also, is there a way to use our old armor skill to transfer to martial prowess?
  • Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator

How the heck do we train up archery, (previously having the skills prepatch)?

Do you currently have the archery skill? if so what do you mean how do you train it? the way archery is train has not changed.

Also, is there a way to use our old armor skill to transfer to martial prowess?

If you had Vigor or any of the armor skills you should have been given a soulstone with Martial Prowess
  • edited August 8
    I have had 0 problems with questing. I just read and follow the directions...
  • Ithiel said:

The problem for me is that in a sandbox game it should be optional. I'm glad they added it for the ignorant players but I dislike hand holding and mandatory quests/tutorials that is why I play sandbox games.

Make Aria Sandbox Again!

I have waited a few years to play this sandbox game only to find out its no longer a sandbox. I will continue to wait and see what sandbox changes they bring at launch and the location of the new server to give it another try.
  • Divinorum said:

Ithiel said:

The problem for me is that in a sandbox game it should be optional. I'm glad they added it for the ignorant players but I dislike hand holding and mandatory quests/tutorials that is why I play sandbox games.

Make Aria Sandbox Again!

I have waited a few years to play this sandbox game only to find out its no longer a sandbox. I will continue to wait and see what sandbox changes they bring at launch and the location of the new server to give it another try.
    The Profession based system is only 1 part of the entire game. That in no way makes the entirety of the game restrictive or less "sandbox".

Honestly, the professions are a welcome change to the 1 build wins all hybrids from pre patch. Pvp was so boring before. Everyone played the same 2 builds. Dagger/mage or halberd/tamer.

Hopefully some new builds begin to arise as the professiom system is expanded.
  • @Ithiel I’m not seeing how the professions move us away from the ‘one build wins all’ problem.

The only classes with prestige’s, which are 100% necessary for pvp, are the archetypes - Mage, Fighter, Rogue. Worse yet they’ve forced templates to commit to gm to get to the end of the tree.

So if anything it’s restricted build variety.

You can argue that the sky isn’t falling but it’s certainly a giant leap away from the original sand box concept.
  • Ithiel said:

Divinorum said:

Ithiel said:

Make Aria Sandbox Again!

The Profession based system is only 1 part of the entire game. That in no way makes the entirety of the game restrictive or less "sandbox".

Honestly, the professions are a welcome change to the 1 build wins all hybrids from pre patch. Pvp was so boring before. Everyone played the same 2 builds. Dagger/mage or halberd/tamer.

Hopefully some new builds begin to arise as the professiom system is expanded.
    I love they added the professions but do not force me to play World of Warcraft style content. My max out toon does not want to be forced into the sewers to steal the kills of new players trying to learn the game. I'm sure they wonder why there is a Wyvern stealing the kills.
  • edited August 12
    Death said:

@Ithiel I’m not seeing how the professions move us away from the ‘one build wins all’ problem.

The only classes with prestige’s, which are 100% necessary for pvp, are the archetypes - Mage, Fighter, Rogue. Worse yet they’ve forced templates to commit to gm to get to the end of the tree.

So if anything it’s restricted build variety.

You can argue that the sky isn’t falling but it’s certainly a giant leap away from the original sand box concept.

I agree that it is more restrictive in the sense of min/maxing skills skills to achieve certain prestige skills. However, hybrids are still possible and very viable.

Bard/Mage, Bard/Warrior, Tamer/Bard

Warrior/Rogue, Mage/Rogue

Warrior/Manifestation

Warrior/Evocation (poison/frost spam for heal debuff and snare)

More to come as professions are filled out. They still plan necromancy and paladin.

Edit: per @Diamonas request I will add a few non PvP based builds.

Warrior/lockpicker (optional treasure hunter if you want to go 2 handed with no shield)

Warrior/treasure hunter with shield

Mage/lockpicker

Mage/treasure hunter

Mage/lockpicker/treasure hunter (No room for attunement)

Fishing? You do not ever need to put fishing on a combat character. It is not required to fish up treasure chests. Just need a pole in your backpack.
  • Lol your missing a whole bunch of skills that now have no room in those templates...
    Lockpicking, treasure hunting, fishing etc..

The point is, they have restricted build diversity so much now because you only get 600 skill points. When 400 pts are required for your character even have the basic required abilities, your "hybrid" half has no teeth, also it leaves 0 room for the flavor skills.

It was bad decisions on the Devs part.
  • Simple make it a 700 point system.. @Ewok_CS @devs
  • That leads to an even bigger can of worms being opened.
  • Thank YouThank You Santa Cruz
    I think the OP question was somewhat answered in the replies but in case anyone missed it:

Complete the missions respective to each professional level (journeyman, master, grandmaster). You will get a mission that requires you to obtain a book. Turn the book into the NPC and you will be able to train new abilities and choose which ones you want to use via the Abilities window (A key by default).
  • So what is your proposed fix for it?
  • edited August 12
    Diamonas said:

Lol your missing a whole bunch of skills that now have no room in those templates...
    Lockpicking, treasure hunting, fishing etc..

The point is, they have restricted build diversity so much now because you only get 600 skill points. When 400 pts are required for your character even have the basic required abilities, your "hybrid" half has no teeth, also it leaves 0 room for the flavor skills.

It was bad decisions on the Devs part.

I was specifically relating to combat skills. Sure, I can update that though.
  • Thank You said:

I think the OP question was somewhat answered in the replies but in case anyone missed it:

Complete the missions respective to each professional level (journeyman, master, grandmaster). You will get a mission that requires you to obtain a book. Turn the book into the NPC and you will be able to train new abilities and choose which ones you want to use via the Abilities window (A key by default).

When your mission only says "get a tome", what does that mean?
  • What class, and what step of progression? Journeyman, master GM?
  • Guys hit L to open the abilities window to equip them after you complete the quests