New House leak

Did anyone get a pick of the leaked new house plan that was mentioned in the stream today?

Comments

• Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
    There are going to be 2 new House Blueprints. One was leaked by Liz in Discord and the other will be shown next week :)
  • Are houses getting storeys and access to rooftops?
  • AspetraAspetra USA, Maine - Verdant Earth
    The one house blueprint i saw, the answer is no, still 1 floor. It looks good from the outside but it is ugly on the inside with the just 1 floor.
  • @sqid guard towers have stairs to the second floor. They've got the tech, wonder what went wrong?
  • as far as i remember Supreem mentioned some time ago that Unity doesn't allow z-axis layers and thus no floors in housing.
  • edited July 27
    Hermannie said:

as far as i remember Supreem mentioned some time ago that Unity doesn't allow z-axis layers and thus no floors in housing.

unless it's the guard tower which has a second floor. go try it, there's one by the pyros moon gate. No z axis layers in unity makes no sense too, they have elevation with hills etc.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    It means you can't have two walkmeshes at the same point in different heights.
    The guard tower has a second floor because it won't let you go below it.
    If you played NWN it's the same
  • Sacha said:

It means you can't have two walkmeshes at the same point in different heights.
    The guard tower has a second floor because it won't let you go below it.

interesting
  • yop. i should have written "accessible layers" to make it clear. it's a unity design flaw
  • There are house designs in LoU that compromise with second floors.
  • Hermannie said:

as far as i remember Supreem mentioned some time ago that Unity doesn't allow z-axis layers and thus no floors in housing.

I'm... I mean I... I don't... I can't even...
    WHAT??? *checks calendar*
  • ZaphieonZaphieon Philippines
    Sacha said:

If you played NWN it's the same

except NWN was built on a completely different engine... and the original UO had it... I am pretty sure it can be pulled off in Unity. . wait let the power of google lead us .... to a post from over 5 yrs ago telling exactly how to do this in that time with unity.. https://answers.unity.com/questions/680179/multi-story-buildings-in-top-down-game-using-3d-en.html

..... seems it can be done.. wow..

but hey saying it can be done and showing it can be done is something else right... here it is in a unity 3d - --- so it can be done.. they just simply have to script in the floors to "hide" the other levels when your on 1 level, kind of how they hide it from you when your outside... like mentioned in the post linked above.. saying something cannot be done usually is just a lazy way of saying " we really don't want to do that "
    Of course it can be done.
    The reference to NWN was only so those who played could understand what we we meant.
  • This happens many of the times when you haven't installed the floor properly with proper fixings. make sure the second floor, flooring is done in such a way that it won't leak the water from the sealing. Instead of fixing the problems at home, one should call a flooring expert like Zothex flooring for help. Experts know the problems in-depth, and they use certain techniques to solve it wisely.