Legends of Aria Launches on Steam August 6th!

Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
It’s been a long time coming, but we’re thrilled to announce that Legends of Aria will be arriving on Steam Early Access in 2 weeks - August 6th, 2019!

https://www.pcgamer.com/legends-of-aria-the-mmo-formerly-known-as-shards-online-hits-early-access-in-august/

The Early Access Steam launch of Legends of Aria is coming with a host of new content and game updates, including:

- The Bard skill-line: a unique addition with useful buffs and abilities;
- A guided experience in the Profession System that takes players from newbie to Grandmaster;
- A New Weapon and Armor Enchanting system that expands crafting with unique dropped ingredients that allow for
more high-end items
- Ruleset changes to provide a more consensual PvP experience across more of the map for those who wish to play
without fear of ganking
- New Housing Types
- A Fresh Start Server where everyone begins on even footing at launch
- An optional Premium Subscription with in-game bonuses and perks
- A new Awakening in the Wilderness
- Tons of new cosmetic options in the in-game store
- Many quality of life improvements, feature enhancements and much, much more!

Comments

• What a great news! but there is one thing that worries me .....What advantages will this type of subscription have?

• - A Fresh Start Server where everyone begins on even footing at launch

Ill keep asking.... Where is this Fresh Start Server located?
  • Two questions
    1. Will you finally open the modding program to everyone?
    2. Will we ever get the fully rotable camera that we see in the trailer?
  • PetrPetr Czech Republic
    Squid said:

MarVe said:

What a great news! but there is one thing that worries me .....What advantages will this type of subscription have?

Supreem mentioned a few things in a stream. I know one was being able to own two plots instead of just one (so you wouldn't have to multi-account to have a vendor shop and a separate house). Probably also a monthly allowance of cash shop currency and one or two other things.
    I have maybe more important question. What will happened if you decide to cancel your subscription? Will you not be able to use your additional characters you received under subscription? And same with additional plots? Or will you be able to use them with some limitations? I don't want to find out later that when I decide to use subscribtion benefits its means that I have keep subscribed forever :smile:
  • MordakaiMordakai Midwest
    Petr said:

Squid said:

MarVe said:

What a great news! but there is one thing that worries me .....What advantages will this type of subscription have?

Supreem mentioned a few things in a stream. I know one was being able to own two plots instead of just one (so you wouldn't have to multi-account to have a vendor shop and a separate house). Probably also a monthly allowance of cash shop currency and one or two other things.
    I have maybe more important question. What will happened if you decide to cancel your subscription? Will you not be able to use your additional characters you received under subscription? And same with additional plots? Or will you be able to use them with some limitations? I don't want to find out later that when I decide to use subscribtion benefits its means that I have keep subscribed forever :smile:
    Of course you will have to keep a sub to keep the perks.. otherwise everyone will just sub for 1 month, then cancel to keep the perks..
  • PetrPetr Czech Republic
    Mordakai said:

Petr said:

Squid said:

MarVe said:

Of course you will have to keep a sub to keep the perks.. otherwise everyone will just sub for 1 month, then cancel to keep the perks..
    Not saying one month, but after some monthes... yes why not. And until filing the conditions there should be warning explanation what will happened if you stop subscription before met that conditions.

Its just a math to be honest. Why whould otherwise somone want to use those pers with hard connection to subscription if you can buy another acount and have those two named perks permanent?

For me its clear that I will subscribe at last for some monthes, no doubt here - I want to suport them and the game and I like it more rather than buying another accounts to trash them, because I already have enough account to play with and to cover my plot and char slot needs. So my questioning is more likely to have things clear before someone get sad and its not need to be necessarily me :wink:
  • How do I link my account with steam?
  • ZaphieonZaphieon Philippines
    so when is this early glimpse coming that was mentioned in the stream? i mean its the 4th already lol... you going to do testing for an hour before the steam release?
  • Zaphieon said:

so when is this early glimpse coming that was mentioned in the stream? i mean its the 4th already lol... you going to do testing for an hour before the steam release?

I would assume will be similar to the other updates and patches. Expect some down time and hotfixes to fix the hotfix. There is a lot of systems for them to test and they have a very small team. Things will get missed or forgotten.
  • Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
    @HellFire You will receive a code that is linked to your account that you will be able to use to link to steam. As the game is not on steam yet the function is not active yet
  • ZaphieonZaphieon Philippines
    Divinorum said:

Zaphieon said:

I would assume will be similar to the other updates and patches. Expect some down time and hotfixes to fix the hotfix. There is a lot of systems for them to test and they have a very small team. Things will get missed or forgotten.
    lol I do not think you understand what I was saying at all. if you were there during the stream, they mentioned they would be releasing the patch earlier then the "steam release" so we could have an early access as well as a testing phase to make sure there was not bugs that would be game breakingly exploited and such.
  • Was wondering this as well....