Reds Get Stat Loss While the Sun is Up

2»

Comments

• edited July 2019
    @grex you got me so good! Go ahead and report back to your bestie fugu, maybe he'll give you a blue ribbon for being such a loyal lap dog. While you're at it don't bother coming back as per usual you've succeeded in adding absolutely nothing constructive to the conversation. *golf clap*
  • CerynCeryn Japan
    edited July 2019
    Syhl said:

All opposite arguments are bad but you don't give more arguments than "1 red roaming has no challenge versus a group of blue that don't want to fight" but maybe if they see 1 red and are 5 blues during PvE they will probably ... fight ? or chase the red ?

1 player roaming has more chance to fight at least 1v1 but more chances to fight outnumbered 1v2 or 1v3 = Mathematics

This is a stupid argument. Just because you choose to roam as 1 as a red does not mean that the majority do. Perhaps you are a solo player and just have no friends so you aren't aware of how things really work.

In the case of our server it went something like this. There were 5-6 large blue guilds. Half of the blue guilds were working together or at least neutral to one another. These guilds also had Red counterparts which they use to PvP. We can call this group "The Alliance" since it will make it easier.

Now whenever someone sees players who are not in The Alliance they report it to their Red Team. Since Blues are feeding the intel the number of reds will always be enough to kill the solo players. It isn't ever a "solo red" situation. The non-Alliance blues cannot trust other blue players since they do not know who is feeding location info to reds.

There is no incentive for the red players in The Alliance to ever stop killing the players from the other 2-3 guilds. The reds are also rarely ever outnumbered since they are "friends" with enough of the blues that they don't have to worry about being killed randomly.

The economy is destroyed since around 20-30% of the server got tired of being killed relentlessly by the Alliance. Parts of The Alliance break off since the game is now boring and there is no one to kill. The process repeats and the population continues to decrease.

There is never any incentive for the red group to stop this behavior. No statloss, no penalties, etc. You act like Red groups can't work with blue players at all but they can and that breaks the system without penalties.

By the way @Syhl you can stop being a dickhead and pretending people arguing against you are just tired of being PKed. Anyone still reading these forums doesn't care about being PKed. Basically all I did was run around fighting. I was in "the Alliance" and watched our server population slowly degrade.

I also played a tamer in both UO and this game so I am more than qualified to talk about if paralyze / invis is good because it offers counter play to tamers. The fact that you can't see how being able remove a dragon from the fight for 30-60 seconds based on timing and coordination is a good thing just shows how how ignorant you are of anything but solo play.

There absolutely has to be a reason why a group of red players should be allowed to continuously kill another group of players until they quit. Non-consensual PvP with no restrictions will inevitably degrade the population. There is a reason UO survived for 20 years and so far this game has not. Its because they actually made sure that the sandbox had proper restrictions so that populations remain healthy.
  • SyhlSyhl France
    Ceryn said:

By the way @Syhl you can stop being a dickhead and pretending people arguing against you are just tired of being PKed. Anyone still reading these forums doesn't care about being PKed.

It seems i touched a sensible point ... that occurs often when truth shows.

Didn't read your entire post written with angryness just:
    Ceryn said:

Non-consensual PvP with no restrictions will inevitably degrade the population. There is a reason UO survived for 20 years and so far this game has not. Its because they actually made sure that the sandbox had proper restrictions so that populations remain healthy.

To sum up you ask for a Trammel or something similar to have only consensual PvP in the game or the game will die.

You could easily say that at start instead of hidding it behind i-purpose-that-so-everybody-will-be-happy.

You want a consensual-PvP only game.
    I want consensual and non-consensual-PvP game.

End of the story, no need walls of text hiding what can be summarized in 2 sentences.
    Problem (for you) is forums are for all, topic was about non-consensual-PvP restrictions and i understand now why you want more and more restrictions pretending that's to protect blues and offers more challenge for reds.

You want consensual-PvP only or in your opinion the game will die. Ok ... your opinion ... but that's why your opinion is so far from mine and too "radical".

You want to forbid something, i want both exists.

Now you can explain me with another wall of text i misunderstood the second quote of my post, typically the "i don't forbid it, you can freely can do it but with tons of restrictions so i can hide behind the fact: "hey nobody does it because it's very restricted but if you really want it you can !".

Hope a Trammel / Felucca system will never be in LoA that's for me what killed slowly UO.
  • SyhlSyhl France
    Squid said:

Sounds like the game needs an official PvE server (or Trammel) for the carebears. It may not fit CS's vision for the game, but it would probably fit the vision for their bank account. Shuffle reds off to their own server/shard and the rest of us won't a shit if there's stat loss or not. Keep them mixed in with PK-haters and we'll keep demanding it (or other harsh penalties).

For those who say Trammel killed UO, it didn't—it only killed your vision of UO as a wolves vs sheep murderbox.

:love:
  • edited July 2019
    StarStyle's idea of PvP is hiding on Gazer Island until there's an easy target, alone and occupied - stealth over, stun/silence for easy kill, and loot.
    Stealth is something that should be affected by daytime - farmers should see footsteps appearing in the sand when its light enough.
  • CerynCeryn Japan
    edited July 2019
    Just here to say I told you so.

I would have personally preferred if they had left non-consensual PvP in the game with with some form of penalty if you do it too often. Instead the majority of the map will be consent only. Congrats red dimwits who can’t understand why some restrictions are needed now the majority of areas are trammel. Glad you held out with your all or nothing attitude...?
  • Ceryn said:

Just here to say I told you so.

I would have personally preferred if they had left non-consensual PvP in the game with with some form of penalty if you do it too often. Instead the majority of the map will be consent only. Congrats red dimwits who can’t understand why some restrictions are needed now the majority of areas are trammel. Glad you held out with your all or nothing attitude...?

I'm not even a red and this news was seriously disheartening to me. Without the "Wild West" feel this game is just going to be another forgettable MMO :/
  • CerynCeryn Japan
    edited July 2019
    Squid said:

Sounds like the game needs an official PvE server (or Trammel) for the carebears. It may not fit CS's vision for the game, but it would probably fit the vision for their bank account. Shuffle reds off to their own server/shard and the rest of us won't a shit if there's stat loss or not. Keep them mixed in with PK-haters and we'll keep demanding it (or other harsh penalties).

For those who say Trammel killed UO, it didn't—it only killed your vision of UO as a wolves vs sheep murderbox.

Everyone forgets avoid the interim step before trammel existed. Reds were like 3% of the server on UO for a very long time and had harsh penalties if they killed too often. It wasn’t a murderbox because you could only kill one person every 8 hours of playtime. There was a way to do this that still had some “risk” of being killed when you are doing something dangerous. They could have left some of the tension and just had penalties, instead they went for the nuclear option.

Oh well it will positively effect factions and GvG which is mostly the what I care about anyway.
  • Well...
    I was expecting CS to do something unexpected, but still... wow. I fear this is a step further away from the UO spirit - an adrenaline-fueled risk every time you step outside town. Those of us arguing for red punishment didn't want it to end like this. Not like this...
  • OG Brum said:

Well...
    I was expecting CS to do something unexpected, but still... wow. I fear this is a step further away from the UO spirit - an adrenaline-fueled risk every time you step outside town. Those of us arguing for red punishment didn't want it to end like this. Not like this...

I agree. I'm withholding my final judgement till after the steam release since it just seems to me that this will mean everyone who is red will be in factions and If enough people are in factions the game will be fun.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if 100% of the PvP population goes red/orange because of these changes. I mean why restrict yourself to not looting / killing if you can still go in towns/fast travel.
  • OG Brum said:

Well...

Yeah, you and I were very vocal about stat loss, even saying give portals back. Just make dieing hurt reds like in UO. This is worse than Trammel. This change just turned the game into a Sims meets WoW without the quests...only with a fraction of the graphics quality.

It's pretty clear why they arent handing out steam codes for the first 2 weeks. It's to avoid the massive waive of incoming bad reviews. This is a last ditch cash grab before this game sinks.