Tamer commands ignored

And I find myself out in the wilderness with a tamed Dire Bear that won't obey any instructions. I've been spamming commands for half an hour. Why let me tame something I can't control? FFSCS

Comments

• Make sure you feed your pets. :wink:
  • What's your animal lore at?
  • Divinorum said:

Make sure you feed your pets. :wink:

It was a fresh tame.
    fibrosis said:

What's your animal lore at?

Something like 76? About 5 behind taming.

Had to release it in the end x_x
  • Animal taming skill determines if the wyvern will listen to your commands or not. Not sure if animal lore will do the trick for Dire Bears. Just get missions and use chickens on the fire pits to get 100 Animal Lore in one day and see if that help.
  • MofakaMofaka United States
    Divinorum said:

Animal taming skill determines if the wyvern will listen to your commands or not. Not sure if animal lore will do the trick for Dire Bears. Just get missions and use chickens on the fire pits to get 100 Animal Lore in one day and see if that help.

Actually, you are referring to "Beast Mastery", as you gain that skill as your pets beat on a sufficiently difficult enemy for the skill level.
    So doing missions, and killing Tents is a good way to gain skill.

Animal lore is gained from Taming and Healing your pets, while Taming is raised lifting a heavy crook.

Beast Mastery on the surface seems to gain organically, except that at the lower levels you have to gain it intentionally. This is because there's little worth taming before dire bear.
    Its especially difficult as, if you cannot tame and kill in the same area (say tame hellhounds to kill imps in corruption) Then at these levels when your pets die, you likely cannot resurrect them.
    So its really pointless to adventure as a tamer before DB.

There's so much possibility they could open up.
  • Mofaka said:

Divinorum said:

Animal taming skill determines if the wyvern will listen to your commands or not. Not sure if animal lore will do the trick for Dire Bears. Just get missions and use chickens on the fire pits to get 100 Animal Lore in one day and see if that help.

Actually, you are referring to "Beast Mastery", as you gain that skill as your pets beat on a sufficiently difficult enemy for the skill level.
    So doing missions, and killing Tents is a good way to gain skill.

Animal lore is gained from Taming and Healing your pets, while Taming is raised lifting a heavy crook.

Beast Mastery on the surface seems to gain organically, except that at the lower levels you have to gain it intentionally. This is because there's little worth taming before dire bear.
    Its especially difficult as, if you cannot tame and kill in the same area (say tame hellhounds to kill imps in corruption) Then at these levels when your pets die, you likely cannot resurrect them.
    So its really pointless to adventure as a tamer before DB.

There's so much possibility they could open up.
    Actually, I am referring to "Animal Taming". Even at 100 Beast Mastery you need 98 taming for Wyvern to obey all commands.