Top Ten - Fixes.

I am compiling a list and need your help. What are your top ten things you want fixed before Steam Release? Thank you for your help.

Comments

• edited June 17
    Here are the top bugs I would like them to fix before steam:
    - When using right click movement sometimes your character will keep moving after you stop pressing the right button (this is the most annoying of them all)
    - People wont always show at place they really are. I've seen this several times when I was in a group or using 2 accounts at the same time. The character should be next to me, but wasn't there at all and after a while I would see it being slowly moved to its actual place.
    - Casting Meteor twice in the same spot will make the second meteor hit for 0 dmg
    - Charge skill bug
    - Fishing perma-reels
    - When overlaping bags, you will drag stuff from the list of the bag in the background
    - Mobs will still chase you after you stealth

Non bug related stuff I would like to be addressed before steam:
    - UI revamp (stream line it, make it look more like the UI from the kickstarter pictures)
    - Item properties revamp. Make crafting and killing mobs actually worth it.
    - Make vendors easier to use. Too many interactions required to sell something. We need stuff like "sell all in bag for the same price".
    - Rubber banding (it improved a lot in the last patch, but I still experience it in some places).
    - Polish
    - Tweaking of combat. Melee and Archery (mostly) seem to under perform in both pvp and pve.

Overall I really enjoy the game and really hope the population picks up with steam release.
  • How many people have trouble with moving after releasing right click? I've never had this problem. Could be your mouse. I only say this because awhile back I thought left click was very buggy on game then came to find out my mouse was bad. The location of other players being off just got bad with last patch (including the sliding players) not sure if that was from unity patch or the performance patch. The fishing perma reel might be an anti macro thing. If your watching screen you will notice when it goes too long between casting and catching and you just move to break your line.
  • I thought the movement issue happened with everyone.
    I will check with a different mouse. Thanks for the tip.

If the reeling issue is a anti macro safeguard, its not a really good one since you can cancel it by moving.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Filipe said:

- UI revamp (stream line it, make it look more like the UI from the kickstarter pictures)

If they changed to what it looks now, I doubt they will reverse those changes without a good reason.

• edited June 17
    Filipe said:

Here are the top bugs I would like them to fix before steam:
    - When using right click movement sometimes your character will keep moving after you stop pressing the right button (this is the most annoying of them all)

Or when you right click to close a window (bank, for example) and it moves your character into the banker's table and you're stuck.
    Filipe said:

- Fishing perma-reels

Also on my list, though I kinda assume it's an anti-macroer thing.

Oh, and while you're at it, you shouldn't be able to fish up SOSs when you can't catch any fish; if anything, they should only come from schools of fish so people can't just macro up a ton of them. And fix fishing through the walls of a house while you're at it.
  • Agreed there. You get way more maps by not fishing in school of gish
  • edited June 18
    They need to fix "Charge" ASAP and add an armor specialization requirement just like "stun strike".
    This is one of the most OP and broken skills IMO.
  • Not all bugs, but all bug (me)
    1 Rubberbanding (not good when being chased) / lag (I froze for minutes by pressing AllItems while running with pets near heavy deco houses)
    2 Targetting (mouseover aura and left click select) of mobs is sporadic around trees (have LoS)
    3 Item design - often simplistic, sometimes oddly scaled & lacking variation (different strength potions use same graphic)
    4 UI needs customisation / lock options
    5 Not enough types of wood / ore / leather and no unique characteristics for crafted items by type
    6a PKs need punishment (is there even a prison?)
    6b Escape & hearthstone cast times should be reduced back.
    7 Melee is weeaaak & slowwwww- it's embarassing for a GM to miss 3 swings at a hind
    8 Mounts (seriously wtf)
    9 Too many NPCs wandering around towns talking c£&p
    10 Plot resizing costs are astronomical

I've been complaining about targetting since the start, and while they did almost fix it the [Too Far Away] message is still a regular occurence and something that will frustrate newbies
  • MofakaMofaka United States
    OG Brum said:

2 Targetting (mouseover aura and left click select) of mobs is sporadic around trees (have LoS)

On a regular basis, this bothers me more than anything.
  • Agreed. UI is terrible. Ultima was over 20 years ago. Do not go this way. I bought Legends of Aria over half a year ago and unfortunately there are few changes. The last news on the home page is from a month ago.
    I'm losing hope for success LoA.
  • MisterGizmoMisterGizmo UnitedStates
    Most of these issues are easy to fix. I would have to agree about the merchant system, that is one of the first things I changed in the code when i started as a community developer. As for the items, properties and values being lackluster I also have to agree. What happened at the end of Closed Beta and before the start of Early Access. The person in charge of the data tables for everything, looks like they had some last minute changes. As these variables got scaled and changed, It looks like they didn't take into context the entire scheme of things, thus making some things more broken and others less attractive. Playing the balance game since they, chewed up the structure in the back end as most of the formulas for combat kind of busted. Honestly either a real revamp of the combat system is needed. Instead of just changing arbitrary values and hoping you hit some magical number.
  • edited July 21
    I missed out the bandage timer being obscured by other timers such as looting.
    Also, I left a dire bear in a dungeon after dying (assumed it was dead) and claimed a new one from stable master. Went back to loot corpse and old bear was still there, alive, and stopped me from commanding either (error message about slots).
    And may I suggest mobs aren't selectable through doors? Just spent 10 mins trying to open a door that had my dire bear on the other side blocking almost all of the clickable area.
  • CerynCeryn Japan
    OG Brum said:

I missed out the bandage timer being obscured by other timers such as looting.
    Also, I left a dire bear in a dungeon after dying (assumed it was dead) and claimed a new one from stable master. Went back to loot corpse and old bear was still there, alive, and stopped me from commanding either (error message about slots).
    And may I suggest mobs aren't selectable through doors? Just spent 10 mins trying to open a door that had my dire bear on the other side blocking almost all of the clickable area.

+1 All of these things are very annoying.

FYI if you hearthstone both of your pets will follow you to the location of your hearth. You can then go to a stable and /stuck to summon them both and stable one of them. This game really really needs an "open nearby doors" key, it was a feature in UO and its definitely needed here if they are are going to put doors in dungeons. Opening doors isn't a "skill" that players should have problem mastering.