Point Release 6 - June 4th, 2019

Elizabeth FinneganElizabeth Finnegan Administrator
Greetings adventurers!

We have brought down the servers in order to deploy Point Release 6. You can read the full patch notes here: https://www.legendsofaria.com/point-release-6-june-4th-2019/

Please note that we have upgraded to the latest version of Unity and are expecting some new issues and bugs that were not there before. Please be sure to report them when you see them so we can get them fixed as quickly as possible!

Update June 5th 2019: We have deployed a hotfix to address several issues, including:

- Fix trying to pick up a locked down object not snapping back properly (this is a visual bug you can relog or run out of range and back and they will reappear)
- Fix founders mask (and other objects) showing up white
- Reduced lighting on bone candelabra
- Fix Valus bank collision
- Fix collision on road to mage shop in eldeir
- Fix bridge in graveyard
- Fix plants growing too quickly
- Fix Dungeon Contempt Exit
- Fix plants drying out prematurely
- Fix teleporters not working for dead people
- Fix character creation getting stuck

Comments

• "Increased activation time on hearthstone and escape scrolls to match portal spell" *pro-PK game change klaxon*
    Suggestion: change "Escape Scroll" to "Sitting Duck Scroll"
    If you can Portal you'll probably Ward Evil so now magery has an escape advantage over melee
  • Added a button to skip the launcher hash check.

Where is this button located?
  • SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
    We have been working hard today to address the major issues that have popped up from the patch. Tomorrow morning during US server restart time (11:15am EST) we will push the first round of hotfixes. Here are the notes so you know what we will be fixing:

- Fix trying to pick up a locked down object not snapping back properly (this is a visual bug you can relog or run out of range and back and they will reappear)
    - Fix founders mask (and other objects) showing up white
    - Reduced lighting on bone candelabra
    - Fix valus bank collision
    - Fix collision on road to mage shop in eldeir
    - Fix bridge in graveyard

PS @Divinorum we'll be deploying that tomorrow morning sorry for the miscommunication.
  • Thanks feeling positive about this patch.
  • Does using a hearthstone or escape scroll pop you off your horse? And does portal?
  • How many more point releases until STEAM?
  • Did the hot fix include the missing/invisible mages at the portal towers? Its not fun getting stuck like a sitting duck during Alliance fights.
  • I absolutely LOVE the checkbox to skip the integrity check on the launcher!

It's good to be thorough, so it's nice to check the build's hash once in a while, but every time was too much.
  • fibrosis said:

Does using a hearthstone or escape scroll pop you off your horse? And does portal?

I assume that is in response to my post - trying to prove there's no disadvantage.
    In return I'll ask; can we ride horses in dungeons?
  • Honestly this game is trash until they undo what they did in point 5. Nobody plays the game anymore. Instead of telling us you are right how about you listen to the players. Frankly I stopped logging after point 5 and am not going to actively play again until the mount and housing changes are reverted. If you wanted to be a niche game with a very small player base you have accomplished that goal.

1. Mount changes go. F--k ethereal mounts
    2. Recall ASAP F--K running around the map for 2-3 hours.
    3. Return Housing prices and resource cost to the originals values. Nobody is going to dedicate that much time and effort to this game GTFO off your high horse developer.

I would imagine I am already beating a dead horse and you lack the team to write any new content. This is why you keep mucking with old mechanics and making the game worse.
  • So agree on house costs and taxes. It's basically punishing players who actually play and making it way easier for those who dont to stay away doh
  • @og I was just honestly asking. Had a brain fart and couldn't remember. I dont agree with the extended times especially for an escape scroll
  • And horse patch sucked. They did remove the silly "dismount by mosquito" mechanic (hooray) and killing your own horse has gone way down. But removing the dismount issue and keeping the fast remount without a delay timer would have kept people on equal ground also. And kept mounted combat (much more enjoyable) so there's that. God forbid we can outrun a wyvern. It's like they want it the way it is. Wyverns should be slower. Something that hits that hard and takes that much damage should be slow. But that's another story.
  • edited June 17
    Neither hearthstone nor sitting duck scroll dismount you. Pretty sure all spells dismount you - but is instantaneous.
    Still get loot timer over bandage timer too...
    Edit: Portal doesn't dismount
  • Expectations are lowered along with my positive feelings about this patch. Test server does not seem to be accomplishing the primary goal of a test server. I hope CS gets this figured out and can resolve the game breaking bugs that prevent me from logging in.
  • A video that describes the short life of legends of aria...
  • Hotfix soon?