what is going on with houses and taxes?

i have a house, or had, and had months worth in taxes in it thanks to one of the last updates. i was out for 2 weeks, and now my house is up for auction? what the hell is wrong with this game?

Comments

• beater07beater07 America
    You cannot prepay months of taxes so the problem with the game is your lack of knowing how taxes work.
  • You can pay a month in advance he said he was gone 2 weeks
  • beater07 said:

You cannot prepay months of taxes so the problem with the game is your lack of knowing how taxes work.

Maybe it was different earlier on, anyway he was gone 2 weeks.

This is a good reason why the house should decay, rather than just loose them for missing 1 payment.
  • beater07beater07 America
    I do agree that there needs to be a period of time AFTER the payment is missed where house is scheduled to be sold but the player has ability to claim it back, like paying a late fee or something which then removes it from the following weeks auction.
  • That would be unfair to those of us who lost 10,000s of regs & other mats and deco due to introduction of house auctions. Now we've been crippled you must too!
  • GlumpfnerGlumpfner Ireland
    Bleak said:

i have a house, or had, and had months worth in taxes in it thanks to one of the last updates. i was out for 2 weeks, and now my house is up for auction? what the hell is wrong with this game?

You can pay a max of 3 weeks taxes in advance, the system doesn't allow for more money to be added. On April 26th they lowered the tax prices a lot.
    Just because your house might have had 5 gold in taxes pre-housing tax patch, and with the new patch you only had to pay 10s, doesn't mean you could go months and months without needing to top up your tax accounts. All the extra taxes that exceeded the maximum allowed tax payments, was put into a separate temporary "account", which you could get back by clicking the "Claim tax refund" button on the tax plot. That tax refund account, did not automatically fill up the house tax account.
  • DivinorumDivinorum USA
    edited June 4
    I can have 4 weeks on mine not sure why yours is different. I discovered the "Claim Tax Refund" by mistake that was not clearly stated in the patch notes. It never stated that the amount you put in had been reduced.

Vague patch notes caused people to loose their houses and that is super lame. The patch notes are consistently vague and missing information that players should know. I feel like I'm consistently reading between the lines and speculating on what the meaning behind changes are and what information/changes are missing.

Someday all information you need to play and enjoy the game will be located in one location not the 5-6 locations it is currently.
  • The amount u paid was reduced so u got a refund but the time credit stayed the same. If u were paid up 2 weeks u got tefundedbut stayed at 2 weeks, it didn't self pay to max.
  • Plot tax rate significantly decreased (3s3c for 12×12 / 24s96c for 30×30)Plot re-size commit cost significantly increased (5g60s for 12×12 / 3p15g 30×30)Land Deed purchase price increased to match commit cost of minimum land sizeHouse blueprint purchase price doubledHouse resource build cost doubledPlots with negative balance will be foreclosed on Mondays at server noon instead of SaturdaysFirst Plot auctions now start one hour after foreclosurePlot auctions last 4 days up from 30 minutes, allowing bidding opportunity for allPlot auctions starting bid is calculated from cost of plot land 
  • Although they didn't say refunded taxes would be added to rent they DID NOT say it would
  • fibrosis said:

Although they didn't say refunded taxes would be added to rent they DID NOT say it would

I'm not sure how you got that information out of the patch notes. Looked them over several times and nothing was mentioned about tax refunds.
  • Was from previous patch
  • fibrosis said:

Was from previous patch

I am talking about Point Release 5 – April 23rd, 2019