This is garbage!!

Revva [IRS]Today at 10:48 AM
@NextLevelPlay if you were on with GM Kai on experimental server you would have known as well. Wasn’t a secret!

Actually it was a secret when GM Kai only tells people who are able to log into experimental thats information that is only available to a select few

Competitive advantages that RADICALLY impact game play NEVER should be given in secret by CS staff to select groups. Want to destroy the trust of your community in the staff - then do things like the aforementioned.

Comments

• IMO there is nothing worth fighting for or being competitive about in its current state. I'm not sure what this secret is but I have already decided to take up to a 1400 week break logging in to only pay taxes.
  • aspetra_2000@yahoo.comaspetra_2000@yahoo.com USA, Maine - Verdant Earth
    edited May 8
    This is mis-information and the same post was put up on reddit forums. Others on there have said they were there, and GM Kai never said anything about the changes to taxes.
  • This seems to be a recurring theme, about some people getting information before everyone else. It's not like they are going to admit to it, if they did...

The whole smoke and fire thing.
  • SanakSanak United States
    edited May 8

This is mis-information and the same post was put up on reddit forums. Others on there have said they were there, and GM Kai never said anything about the changes to taxes.

Actually cs replied to the reddit thread (cant remember which person, they of course deleted their comment and got the modzis to lock the thread.) saying people may have "figured it out" while helping them test.

So yes, people had information not available to the wider public. Now whether you believe it was simply someone "figuring it out" or being told specifically is up for debate. However cs doesn't have the best track record for honesty and transparency.
  • If true, we can add professionalism to list of issues with the game.
    Sanak said:

Actually cs replied to the reddit thread (cant remember which person, they of course deleted their comment and got the modzis to lock the thread.) saying people may have "figured it out" while helping them test.

So yes, people had information not available to the wider public. Now whether you believe it was simply someone "figuring it out" or being told specifically is up for debate. However cs doesn't have the best track record for honesty and transparency.
    It was never deleted, I just checked and it is still there, here is the post:
    wiredmessiah
    Project Lead, Legends of Aria
    -2 points
    ·
    17 hours ago
    Please do not spread rumors. Noone was told about the tax changes. If a few people discovered it while helping us test the new features it was with no help from us. In hindsight the tax changes should have never went on experimental. We'll do our best not to let things go to experimental that aren't on the patch notes in the future.
    Shit, your right. Bad Sanak. Hooked on phonics did not work for me :(

edited my post to reflect that they did not in fact delete the comment. My bad.
  • Ulfric_BiermeisterUlfric_Biermeister United States
    Just because you choose to not participate in the experimental server does not mean you do not have access to the experience. It is open to the public. The general public is able to join in the weekly visits with GM Kai. He does not reveal anything that he is not privileged to and allows you to ask questions. It is an opportunity to show him things in the game that need fixing and ask about topics of personal interest. As red players we ask things like "Are there plans for new books to come out?" An answer like "Yes, new books are in the works," is not a big surprise, but it is nice to hear that attention is being paid to adding depth and content to the game.
  • Ulfric_BiermeisterUlfric_Biermeister United States
    And we have asked several questions he has told us he is not allowed to answer or does not have the answer himself. He is very professional in his interaction with the players who attend the weekly visit.
  • just saw this and lets clear the air. Only thing that was known is that taxes were going to be dropped to a more reasonable level. That's it you conspiracy theorists.

If i had known that plots were going to cost 10x or that land deeds were going up 4x, chances are i would have expanded my house AND laid another plot down and finally corner the market with land deeds. Nope none of this ever happened so conspirancy bebunked.

i recommend that you all jump in with a dev on Exp or send a guildie if you cant make it on Wednesdays. its a bonus for us
  • HawkshieldHawkshield United States
    Us? Oh right the 15 people that are left
  • I think like 4 people still care This sums up how little people care about this game after these changes...
  • As i said IF TRUE, but lets not act like, what is said in public is the only form communication that can happen.

There are more private methods to communicate, than you can shake a stick at....

Just because you choose to not participate in the experimental server does not mean you do not have access to the experience. It is open to the public. The general public is able to join in the weekly visits with GM Kai

My bad, must have just missed the announcement that there would be weekly dev sessions on experimental server.
    Revo said:

just saw this and lets clear the air. Only thing that was known is that taxes were going to be dropped to a more reasonable level. That's it you conspiracy theorists.

Some rando said everything is on the up and up, so it must be true!
  • Sanak said:

Just because you choose to not participate in the experimental server does not mean you do not have access to the experience. It is open to the public. The general public is able to join in the weekly visits with GM Kai

My bad, must have just missed the announcement that there would be weekly dev sessions on experimental server.
    Revo said:

just saw this and lets clear the air. Only thing that was known is that taxes were going to be dropped to a more reasonable level. That's it you conspiracy theorists.

#1. Look at legendsofaria.com under "upcoming events", it says "Play with GM Kai"... and if you click on the details link it states "Join GM Kai in-game every Wednesday at 6pm Eastern on the Experimental Server."
    #2. I dunno, maybe do a bit of research and participate more in these sessions before you speak?
    Revo said:

Sanak said:

Revo said:

#1. Look at legendsofaria.com under "upcoming events", it says "Play with GM Kai"... and if you click on the details link it states "Join GM Kai in-game every Wednesday at 6pm Eastern on the Experimental Server."
    #2. I dunno, maybe do a bit of research and participate more in these sessions before you speak?
    Sweet. Haven't been to their website in ages since they generally put everything on discord.

But i am supposed to research you? Lmao, bro your of no importance....to anyone. Not like i am either, just another player. I have been in every q&a as well as the worthless "everyone spam chat with random ideas" on discord. So to say i don't participate is just retarded rhetoric from a white knighter. The devs have no clue where they want to take the game, and its in EARLY ACCESS. Lmao, changing the core game this far along just shows how incompetent they are. But you just keep on drinking the coolaid my man. You do you.
  • DivinorumDivinorum USA
    edited May 14
    I only visit the official forums for updates and news. Rumor has it that the unofficial discord is now an official discord. If this is true why have they not posted anything about it in Straight from the Citadel? Why is there no discord on the main page next to the Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and Youtube links? Why do they post news and information on Discord that never makes it to the official forums? I would of hired a community manager that actually plays the game and interacts with the community on the official forums.

Maybe I am asking to much and I should lower my expectations. I should have links to MMORPG.com, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Discord, trello.com, legendsofaria.com/news, legendsofaria.com/community/ and forums.legendsofaria.com just to check for any updates. Research and Participation!
    I have found since i started playing with the headstart that the communication is very spotty. There is never any universal announcements, just fragmented in different places each time. It just leaves us players having to hunt around for any news, and leaving some players in the dark that do not have the time to visit 6 different places.

I never could understand this, it's 2019, there are apps out there that will post to multiple social platforms at the same time so it's not that hard to get a announcement across twitter, facebook, forums, and main page at the same time with one click.

Maybe it's just me. seems simple enough though.
  • Sanak said:

Revo said:

Sanak said:

Revo said:

Sweet. Haven't been to their website in ages since they generally put everything on discord.

But i am supposed to research you? Lmao, bro your of no importance....to anyone. Not like i am either, just another player. I have been in every q&a as well as the worthless "everyone spam chat with random ideas" on discord. So to say i don't participate is just retarded rhetoric from a white knighter. The devs have no clue where they want to take the game, and its in EARLY ACCESS. Lmao, changing the core game this far along just shows how incompetent they are. But you just keep on drinking the coolaid my man. You do you.
    Research me? What are you talking about? I said these events are announced on the front page every week. You have been posting on the regular since March 15th and these announcements are on the front page so don't give me that crap. You failed to take part in the dev events and now you are crying conspiracy theories. Sounds like a millennial complaining about politics when they didn't even bother to vote.
  • FeastFeast USA east
    edited May 16
    Here is my take on this.
    #1 we were given a link on the official page about their planned changes to the game, in order of implement. can be found here: https://trello.com/b/5IysasZK/legends-of-aria-development-trello.
    None of the current changes aside from mounting was listed under experimental when this link came out.
    #2 a certain guild who has members of the development team in their discord (its not a private guild, its clear to see to all) had members suddenly buying meat, a cooking item, weeks before they released cooking changes. coincidence? i dunno. again, you can check the official discord trade channels for the various servers and fact-check this. its all there for conspiracy minded.
    #3 GM Kai, or anyone for that matter, shouldnt be giving out information that is only available those who can attend a meeting during working hours (yes most of us have lives) without a recap of that info being posted on this website after each session.
  • Feast said:

Here is my take on this.
    #1 we were given a link on the official page about their planned changes to the game, in order of implement. can be found here: https://trello.com/b/5IysasZK/legends-of-aria-development-trello.
    None of the current changes aside from mounting was listed under experimental when this link came out.
    #2 a certain guild who has members of the development team in their discord (its not a private guild, its clear to see to all) had members suddenly buying meat, a cooking item, weeks before they released cooking changes. coincidence? i dunno. again, you can check the official discord trade channels for the various servers and fact-check this. its all there for conspiracy minded.
    #3 GM Kai, or anyone for that matter, shouldnt be giving out information that is only available those who can attend a meeting during working hours (yes most of us have lives) without a recap of that info being posted on this website after each session.

+1