A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

Character transfer to new "fresh start" server

SanakSanak United States
I am wondering if we will be able to character transfer to these new servers that you guys said wouldn't be included by default for steam launch, but now are saying will be included by default on steam launch. I have put a lot of time into my characters on VE. You stated in a previous q&a that your hopes for our barren server would be filled by new players at steam launch. Then if population warrants, would release new servers. Today you did a 180 and said at least one "fresh start" server would be released upon steam launch regardless.

Sure, we may get a few random ignorant new players to join VE cause they didn't know any better (most will re-roll on the new server once they figure it out). But anyone doing any sort of research will know which is the new server and would be out of their minds to roll on VE rather than the new one.

Comments

• I have deiced to stop watching the Q&A streams for this "180" reason. I hope you get the character transfer you are hoping for.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    If the new server is meant for new players, allowing transfers would be against it.
  • I don't mind starting a new toon on a new server...provided they fix the last patch in regards to mounts. That is just a crummy system...
  • A lot of steam players will probably have no idea what server is new and what are old. Many will probably pick a server at random.

The new server will have a lot of players in the same area competing for the same, rather limited, PvE resources (hopefully CS works on that before Steam). So new players may find a better experience on an existing server like VE or AS.
  • been here since the start. i like the new mount system. no more getting chased forever on some guy on ahorse.... they have to run..on foot. i out ran 2 pks thus far on my miner. just cause they didn't have a mount. stop whining coldone
  • DrDoo said:

been here since the start. i like the new mount system. no more getting chased forever on some guy on ahorse.... they have to run..on foot. i out ran 2 pks thus far on my miner. just cause they didn't have a mount. stop whining coldone

Learn to read, before spouting off. I am referring to regular mounts going to stables instead of in packs. That is a bad change. The 2 mounts should have just worked differently. As someone already pointed out horse are obsolete, now.
  • SanakSanak United States
    DrDoo said:

been here since the start. i like the new mount system. no more getting chased forever on some guy on ahorse.... they have to run..on foot. i out ran 2 pks thus far on my miner. just cause they didn't have a mount. stop whining coldone

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, thats all good. Personally think the mounts are a steaming pile of crap, but glad your liking them.

However this thread is about the lies about populating VE before making new servers. Honestly starting to not care, having fun on LOU. Don't plan to return to official.
  • DemonicDisasterDemonicDisaster United States
    What’s the point ? When I started playing UO I was new and a ton of people were already 6x GM, I didn’t mind that and I adjusted
  • What’s the point ? When I started playing UO I was new and a ton of people were already 6x GM, I didn’t mind that and I adjusted

Yea, back in those days...there was many less choices, most just had to eat it.

Not to mention, less ways to find out just how bad you actually were getting screwed.

Since i started just before tramnel...so, that certainly helped the new players, as well.