A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

Hate to be the one to say I TOLD YOU SO....

but I told you so.

The dev team should have waited 1 year before release and focused on a real endgame that had more of a visual impact on the world. As of now, Aria is just a skeleton of an MMORPG. The fundamentals are there, but it's simply not fun after a month and feels like a generic survival game mixed with battle royals at choke points.

If and when they do add a more engaging endgame, other PvP oriented games like Camelot Unchained and Crowfall will be released. Personally I'm favoring Camelot Unchained because I trust the capabilities of Mark Jacobs much more than the Crowfall team. He seems more down to earth and less flamboyant in his videos. Granted, the Camelot Unchained videos are boring as hell with him talking for an hour and no gameplay, but I have this gut feeling the end product will be fun (even if it's a bit buggy and unbalanced). I'll definitely try both though.

As for this game, I'll definitely keep my eye on it. I already bought the base game. Unfortunately, I won't further support it by purchasing future expansions and store stuff until I see an endgame I want. Basic "join a faction" type of pvp crap is not enough. It's a first step, but a very little step. And all the added tradeskill and PvE fluff is nice and easy to program, but I highly doubt most bought this game with that as the sole focus. I'm not saying we hate it. It simply should not be the number one priority right now. I don't think people get excited and log on for the first time in months when they see a "new mount" or "new dungeon" added to a game like this. It doesn't change the overall gameplay or make endgame more engaging.

Comments

• HawkshieldHawkshield United States
    +1
    Pantheon : Rise of the Fallen is looking pretty good as well
  • +1

+1
  • 1coldone said:

+1

+1
    Not sold on that yet. I've been watching a few gameplay videos and it doesn't look very inspiring. I know it's early testing so I'm keeping an open mind. And at least they are showing videos unlike Camelot Unchained. So I give them some credit.
  • GlumpfnerGlumpfner Ireland
    edited April 29
    +1

Definitely lack of content, especially the crafting system. At first glance it seems like a huge variety and complex, but then you realize that all armors have basically 1 attribute (bonus defense +1 and +2 when it's GM made). Similar with weapons. 2 attributes that vary. All the different ores are completely useless. Only iron and obsidian is useful, the rest has ZERO use for any items other than leveling up mining and blacksmith skills.

They definitely need more attributes, like in Diablo or Borderlands.

Overall, it just gets very repetitive very quickly. Take away the grind fest of all the skills, and people would lose interest in 1-2 days.
  • +1

The easiest thing to fix and they give us the finger constantly. It's obvious they are suppressing the economy so they aren't going to add content until steam release. You can mark my words on that.
  • I had high Hope's but its turning into another failed indy sandbox . Steam release will come and taper off hard after a month. Then RIP loa
  • DemonicDisasterDemonicDisaster United States
    I don't think UO had any "endgame" content for years and its still around after 20+ years
  • AspetraAspetra USA, Maine - Verdant Earth
    UO Had zero endgame content at release. It was all about making your own endgame, setting your own goals and hanging out with guild friends at the bank.

But also back then there were not many options for MMO's.. today's mmo scene and even the video gamers of today are very very different then it was 22 years ago.

With all that being said, it has been stated that content is on the plate for the next patch, so I am willing to bet we will see some new things to do ahead of the Frozen Tundra release.
  • Oran said:

but I told you so.

The dev team should have waited 1 year before release and focused on a real endgame that had more of a visual impact on the world

Games fail all the time and *everyone* thinks it's because the devs didn't do _their_ particular set of demands. (In some cases total opposites (e.g. It failed because you didn't have free enough PvP vs it failed because there was too much PvP).

It's likely a combination of factors and the chances of you, in particular, being right are miniscule.

• Games that have no toys in the box for players to create their own content are not sandbox games. After picking your skills you are forced to fight specific mobs in a certain order to progress. Game progression is on rails and extremely boring and non rewarding until you reach GM. Grind that is disguised as content always leaves me feeling empty inside and wishing there was more. I could list a ton of items that could be added to the game making Aria a living, breathing world defined by the players. I hope the bring more sand and toys to the box but not gonna hold my breath.
  • Divinorum said:

Games that have no toys in the box for players to create their own content are not sandbox games. After picking your skills you are forced to fight specific mobs in a certain order to progress. Game progression is on rails and extremely boring and non rewarding until you reach GM. Grind that is disguised as content always leaves me feeling empty inside and wishing there was more. I could list a ton of items that could be added to the game making Aria a living, breathing world defined by the players. I hope the bring more sand and toys to the box but not gonna hold my breath.

+1 sandbox that has to be played a certain way. Difficulty of a mob, should get you gains faster...but, if you swing enough times on chickens, you should still progress. It might take a million swings to get that .01...but you can do it.
  • edited May 9
    Oran said:

If and when they do add a more engaging endgame, other PvP oriented games like Camelot Unchained and Crowfall will be released. Personally I'm favoring Camelot Unchained because I trust the capabilities of Mark Jacobs much more than the Crowfall team. He seems more down to earth and less flamboyant in his videos. Granted, the Camelot Unchained videos are boring as hell with him talking for an hour and no gameplay, but I have this gut feeling the end product will be fun (even if it's a bit buggy and unbalanced). I'll definitely try both though.

They're going to be two totally different types of game... I don't know why you wouldn't trust the team behind Crowfall - some of their dudes were behind Shadowbane and Wizard 101 and other titles. Mark Jacobs made DAOC and Warhammer - which were not full loot mmos, they were Realm vs Realm which Camelot Unchained will also be. Crowfall will be full loot / sandbox and much more like Shadowbane than ANOTHER Realm vs Realm game.