Point Release 5 Feedback

124»

Comments

• JprossJpross lberube9@hotmail.com
    Left the game due to this patch.

-I like nothing from the new horse system
    -New tax system completely killed the last thing that was fun (house auction)
    -I dont like new death system either
    -Crafting still garbage
    -Months without new content, only wasting time destroying old mechanics

Also, seeing that the devs are still going forward with their bad system design & seeing that 80% of the community are not happy(even if they were asking comunity feedback... wow!) with these changes leaves a bad taste for the future. Not sure if I will ever come back...
  • Jpross said:

Left the game due to this patch.

-I like nothing from the new horse system
    -New tax system completely killed the last thing that was fun (house auction)
    -I dont like new death system either
    -Crafting still garbage

Also, seeing that the devs are still going forward with their bad system design & seeing that 80% of the community are not happy(even if they were asking comunity feedback... wow!) with these changes leaves a bad taste for the future. Not sure if I will ever come back...

Wow - Let that sink In.

Just screwing with the stuff they got, without adding new cool stuff on top of what the success they already had....

Is that just, sad, or what guys ?
  • I kinda got how idiotic the developer was when they did selling ore nerf and the 10 min respawn timer on mining nodes. I went into log in to pay taxes mode and gave up on this bullshit. I eventually lost enough interest I let my house pop on offical server. I got tired of the grind for taxes. Seeing these changes my years of exp in MMO I can sense when idiots are running a game. I see I made the right call to abandon this dumpster fire. I am only playing community servers that run legacy client

My meme hats off to you developer i have never seen anyone tank a game this fast that actually released...image
  • other than the BOD.... that needs reworked.. and maybe raise taxes a little bit more. and hamstring maybe 9 seconds...... but thus far everything is just fine. Citadel is on the right track. the horse thing... is fine... the dismissing it to stables is odd though... just let the horse follow you or die. horses are everywhere and only 5 silver at a stable. i dont understand why everyone is whining. nor do i care...
    if youre a fighter or mage and your about to fight some orcs. park your horse in a "safe" place then go fight for those gains/loot.
    not hard.. the mount system before was so.... overpowered.. people carried 2 mounts.. "oh dismounted, let me click on this other statue".. BOOM on a 2nd horse right away. nobody cried when that was the case... and that was OP and weird too. carrying a "horse statue" that turns into a horse... nobody thought that was odd?
    at this time foot combat is fair and fun for all classes. a harvester can get away much more efficiently now from a red. a mage can teleport away...
    this is like UO, but its not UO. so adapt and stop crying. or cry and voice your negative thoughts... idc.
    LOOK AT THE BRIGHTSIDE... we have a UO type game here... where else are you gonna find it? i haven't found it.. i keep ending up here... so adapt to the changes, these devs aren't idiots.
    OR crowd fund your own game or make your server.. idk.. just the whining, sound like 10 year old kids not getting their way.
  • Xromiq said:

The concept with the ethereal steed is really, really poor.
    Make them at least blessed...

+1
  • logged azure sky the lack of population and empty mines in helm speaks volumes to the catastrophic failure this game has become. I hadn't logged in to an offical server in a month didn't realize the offical server population plummeted so badly. Helm bank empty not a single player and 2 people in helm mines. The lowering of taxes was only done for appearance it will slow down the decay of homes from all the players who quit.

The increase in house prices and resources make this game a F--K no in my book. I got better shit do with my time then grind boards and iron x2.
  • LoofaLoofa Nunya
    edited May 2019
    Allow me to elaborate on the death of piercing. As well as, the death of pvp.

You added potions of mending (making mortal strike irrelevant on whatever weapon you put it on).

You removed the kryss MS ability and replaced with something nobody wanted and isn't applicable with the other changes. If it needed balancing, remove the attack speed. Not its crucial ability.

Given the content they released, they should of replaced it with a DISMOUNT ability like the voulge, so you actually have a chance at pvping after these changes. However, I understand dismounting a rider from a horse with a dagger is a bit illogical. Fine. Make it a new skill "mount bleed" or something that gives horse damage eventually dismounting the rider. As it is, there is no way for people to dismount anyone to fight them. You cant even MS and run them down as it will dismount you instead of them. Changing the kryss ability with the other nature of new content is irrational and poorly thought out. PvP is at a stand still. Dungeons and miners, or already dismounted people, be warned. You're now officially the only targets for reds.

Piercing had one decent weapon. The kryss.

This build with magery was called the anti mage initially. Its disruptions combined with mortal strike make it formidable. It also allows you the ability to quickly dismount players and begin an execution.

Now, there is no way to dismount anyone, no MS, and a potion of mending. We've also spent months crafting perfect kryss' just so they can become obsolete. I guess we'll make our poinards now and see what happens.

Piercing should be the highest DPS by nature. That argument is stupid. It's a daggeresque type weapon. You can do a ton of low damage, very quickly, which adds up. That should be inherently logical. It's not broken. It is also shit against anything other than a mage or low armor opponent. Go play a lancing mage and talk to me about damage.

These changes combined together create a world of inadequacies and frustration which forces us to reevaluate not one, but all of them. It's the plethora of combined shit that really makes everything extra sparkly.
  • For the life of me I still don't even get the purpose of horse change to begin with? I didn't know one peep complaining.

The argument that when more peeps show up mounted they have an advantage?!?!? Well duh?
    Problem is only one I ever heard voice this was the devs...

Mounted should always be something you strive for in combat...
    There have been several ideas expressed that would have made mounted combat more interesting/fun both on the forums and by players.

None of which is the direction this game chose to take. Talk about a yawn fest.....Boring.
  • PlaguerPlaguer Sweden
    edited May 2019
    Just came back to check out the game again after playing a few months ago. Wtf happened to horses? The game feels 100% worse now compared to last time i played... I get that you are trying to balance stuff but did you even try playing with the current horses? wtf...
    Why even have a horse? It seems useless and annoying.

It also seems you have started the circle of nerf&buff the meta from player qq and pressure? It's a slippery slope burning precious dev time doing that instead of furthering the game..
  • weaselweasel türkiye
    steam release date pleaseeeeeee spring is overr
  • Plaguer said:

Just came back to check out the game again after playing a few months ago. Wtf happened to horses? The game feels 100% worse now compared to last time i played... I get that you are trying to balance stuff but did you even try playing with the current horses? wtf...
    Why even have a horse? It seems useless and annoying.

It also seems you have started the circle of nerf&buff the meta from player qq and pressure? It's a slippery slope burning precious dev time doing that instead of furthering the game..

+1
  • edited May 2019
    I don't question the effort but I do question priorities; there remain basic bugs that have not been addressed for too long:
    Targetting by clicking on a mob has been horrific for as long as I can remember. Still get [Too Far] messages for a mob 2 metres away in grass while can successfully target mobs on the edge of the screen through trees. (Horse changes make my other gripe academic. PS horses are still useful as pack animals)
    EDIT: Forgot to complain about all the mobs getting stuck - each Bigbear is precious grind and it hurts when one is invulnerable in a tree.
    Item design is bad - simplistic and ugly with odd scaling on some things. Some things blend into my backpack. Potions of varying strength all use same graphic. There's no different graphic for stacked items. Also, the white outline on selected items is clickable, which can prevent dragging out the item underneath that you want (and can see)
    EDIT: Forgot to include the ability to resize / rearrange & lock each part of UI according to one's taste.
    Since they introduced some "speedhack?" code the game can run choppy through vegetation and other scenery. They subsequently said it was client-side, thus the impact, and said they would make it server-side... hasnt happened. Before the code it ran smoothly everywhere. Kills immersion and enjoyment.
    Meanwhile they release updates - dungeons and errr other stuff, but more often it's changes to code nobody considered important and occasionally a massive misjudgement like plot expansion prices. Then watch when PKs get nerfed and the code is quickly reversed.
    However, I know they are capable of improving - landscapes are ok to look at now though I remember a time they gave me headaches lol & I've always liked the weather plus dungeons look nice.
    BUT focus on the absolute fundamental core first and foremost - playability. Only from there can you achieve replayability. Then prioritise everything else in order of increasing granularity until you are fine polishing a diamond rather than repeatedly trying to polish a lump of
  • lecterlecter lecterjihad@gmail.com
    PLEASE RETURN MOUNTED COMBAT