Point Release 5 Feedback

Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
This thread is for feedback on Point Release 5.
To view the full patch notes please click here

Comments

• BardiocBardioc Berlin
    60 Mage Robes was a Dye Tube before the Patch, now i got 2 Quilted Cloth as Reward :(
    It needs 1200 Cloth to fill the Bod, 2 Quilted Clothas Reward? Come on...

Also now you get even with 90+ Fabrication very
    low level Bods offered.

Don't know if this works as intended?

While i like the idea to be forced to fight on food, getting dismounted when using crafting tables, is a little bit annoying.
  • Change: Partially release pet on death.

I get this is to make us lose some horses.

Being a Tamer, 5x GM, I've lost a pet or thousands. But now, if I go solo out in the big bad world, I'm forced to ultimately lose my pet, unless I summon friends? I can no longer /stuck my drake or dread out of the dungeon, and I have no possible way to get my pet back alone. I can't take another pet in, too many slots, ya know? Now I have to do a 15-45 minute run to tame a drake or a 1-4 hour run to tame a dread? Did I choose the long hard path of a Tamer to get laughed at like this during end game? Is this working as intended? If so, this is super harsh dudes.

Super sad,

Morphio
  • BilkataBilkata Bulgaria
    It is some how unfair to do that kind of over payed land and houses!
    Since I`m new member I was saving to buy a house and increase my land.
    Now when finally I just saved enough resources and gold to do it I have to save more 3-4 months to get it?!?!?!
    I think that it is just unfair to the new comers before the patch!
    You event didn`t post that thing like eventual change!
    there are huge bugs like not lootable treasure chest, can`t hide when a party member is tamer with a pet and so on to just say: hey lets make dose stupid idiots play few months more to get a house!
    if that is some kind of economic you should think how it is to the new player vs old players now every player who has a house and lot 30x30 is in huge step in front of the starter who gets lost time!
    As you wanted to do that there was a test server on which we has to check your new things...
    ... so why those changes weren`t made there so it is clear that it will be impossible to build house afer the patch

Very much disappointing patch!
    at the moment i don`t see anything that make sense for the lost time after the beginning of playing :(
  • FeastFeast USA east
    im pretty new and was just getting ready to start saving for a house. looks like thats been scrapped. no way i can farm that much gold. this patch only benefited people who have been playing awhile and already bought the land. now those people with the best plots can keep their plots forever basically. dumbest thing i have seen yet.

Great way to turn off new players.
  • Rev JoeRev Joe Fractured MMO (in Alpha)
    Disappointing patch......
  • For some reason, my blocking isnt increasing after the patch.

It's stuck at 24 and I've tried attacking different types of enemies with no skill increases
  • Average cost of a 30x30 plot plus max size house is now 8 plat...GG
  • I like the patch to be honest, the only thing that bothers me is the change that prevents me from looting in pvp in the first 60 seconds after killing a player. PVP is fast paced, I need to be able to go in and out of pvp quick, including looting my pray.
    On several occasions it happened to me that I have been hit by reinforcements when trying to stay too long on the corpse. During team pvp preventing dead players to come back into fight ressed with all their gear is essential by looting the corpses.
  • edited April 23
    The other thing that I am kinda afraid off is to see the hamstring duration being prolonged to 12 seconds. In my experience a pvp fight for most of its duration is just people looking for an opening on the other players. Once that opening occures I am usually able to get them down from the HP they have to 0 in less than 10 seconds. Hamstring in these situations seems too strong to me with a 12 sec duration even with a 1 min cooldown.
    This will extremelly play into the hands of tamers who are as of right now too overpowered in pvp. The only change this patch brings to tamers is that they heal their pets for half hp I have seen.. this does not apply to pvp at all. with the hamstring ability it seems to me they have been boosted again.
  • I stopped with this game, until I believed that this would be a game, that would replace the UO, but what happened was that the developers went to another path and made an infamous mix of several MMOS. GAME OVER
  • that's enough, i'm going back to uninstall. Farewell
  • Crafting work orders and rewards are actually worse then they were yesterday. I thought the idea was to make them better...?

I am 85 fab and I keep getting work orders for stuff like shirts and skirts. Mainly stuff that is trivial. The only one I really want is mage robes...
  • OuijaOuija Canada
    edited April 23
    Good patch notes! this was easy to find and read! @Ewok_CS
  • kareemkareem canada
    edited April 23
    why does it take time to mount now ?.. thats just silly IMO.. So used to bringing my horse everywhere i go and now there is not much point cuz he is going to die everytime, so i just leave him in the stable i guess. might aswell remove them. why not just a simple dismount skill like UO had and let me fight off my horse. So much for trying to imitate ultma =/
  • Alguien puede decirme donde descargo el parche ?? no me deja entrar y no veo por ningún lado un enlace para descargar la nueva versión
    Raquel said:

Alguien puede decirme donde descargo el parche ?? no me deja entrar y no veo por ningún lado un enlace para descargar la nueva versión

Ir a la página de la cuenta, debe haber enlace de descarga.
  • Eso ya lo hice y me sale solo la descarga de febrero :_(((
  • That aweful moment when you begged for faction updates , and the devs deliverd ... but nobody else on VE joins factions anyways.... feels .... bad. ..... man. ..
  • 80 beast leather hardened bodies Reward: 1 bolt of silk cloth 22 silver
    80 obsidian full plate leggings Reward: 1 obsidian bar 44 silver

if this is as intended this is entirely lack luster, the plate leggings 80 and 100 for copper give obsidian tables which is why i opt out to do them in obsidian to no reward as well as the hardened bodies being the reward giving item in fabrication again no reward.

shop keepers should give you a dialogue when accepting a crafting order along the lines of, "if you complete this one i may give you something special from the back" before we waste 400+ of a rare resource for nothing.
    Raquel said:

Eso ya lo hice y me sale solo la descarga de febrero :_(((

intenta descargar el lanzador y ejecutarlo. Esperemos que se actualice correctamente. Si no, use el enlace de descarga alternativo, instalará el iniciador, luego ejecútelo en su computadora
  • Morphio said:

Change: Partially release pet on death.

I get this is to make us lose some horses.

Being a Tamer, 5x GM, I've lost a pet or thousands. But now, if I go solo out in the big bad world, I'm forced to ultimately lose my pet, unless I summon friends? I can no longer /stuck my drake or dread out of the dungeon, and I have no possible way to get my pet back alone. I can't take another pet in, too many slots, ya know? Now I have to do a 15-45 minute run to tame a drake or a 1-4 hour run to tame a dread? Did I choose the long hard path of a Tamer to get laughed at like this during end game? Is this working as intended? If so, this is super harsh dudes.

Super sad,

Morphio

TL;DR Just came back to read my own post. Basically, you just made it double work to be Tamer all of the time, not just sometimes. 2g for best gear, 3-8g for best pet versus just gear for every other class.
  • Tinnitus: Stopping the Sound in Your Head

The new sounds of crickets/birds chirping, whistling is starting to drive me crazy. I feel like I have Tinnitus. I can also still hear the random teleport noise that has been persistent since last patch.

I am now forced to play with no volume until this is fixed or get options to turn it down.
  • @boomfixed
    Completely agree with you on most. Heavy emphasis on Tamers!

Morphio
  • Taxes
    I like the changes overall but making 30x30 and deeds be so expensive as end game
    its going to be a turn off for new players who think they wont get one and quit.
    I still think 1 month max should be expanded to 3.
    I also like the changes to auctions.

new death system
    so far so good.
    no ghost cams
    but the 60 second loot period isn't any good.
    also tamers with pets have issues.

new mount system
    my least favorite changes
    ethereal are too expensive
    having horses you must dismount to go into a dungeon or awakening is a bad mechanic.
    nobody wants to run on foot anywhere.
    and people want mounted combat.

crafting
    i like all these changes
    but its been reported that the rewards for some orders with high counts is really low now.

misc
    hamstring at 12 seconds is too long
    I didn't care for the lockbox change myself
    needed a new 5th level damage spell due to the no damage while frost immune
    I liked all the rest of the changes
  • edited April 24
    allegiance improvements
    this really did nothing.
    I don't expect anyone to play any more now then before.
    maybe if you gave a free shield (or chest armor with faction emblem) like the order/chaos system, for the faction, it would be worth joining.

EDIT: one other allegiance idea, create an allegiance market place in pyros and helm where faction members can put a vendor down. tables for all the vendors would be too much space, maybe have the merchant hold a backpack that can be opened and go through it that way. also allow sub containers that cant be sold in them. this could just be a designated area in each town.

make this space close to the bank
  • Why do blues need 60 seconds of their corpse not being lootable when they die in THE WILDERNESS? Thought this was supposed to be a full loot sandbox with risks.
  • Few friends I know have already put this game on PAUSED because of this patch.
    1. House system with plot tax is great! But for new players, this is going to frown them away.
    2. Mount's system. This got to be the stupidest thing sorry to say.
    3. Pet on death is also stupid and /unstuck.
    4. Rune stones? At first they degraded if used in same region but not diff region. NOW, they all degrade if used. Stupid. Why can't you make a runestone Book? Put charges on the book.

Got all my guys standing under their tax box. Will return every 3 weeks to add silvers. Lost interests in this game now.
  • MeegoshMeegosh MA, USA
    The dismounting changes are terrible. I understand you do not want mounted pvp, because of the ganking, makes sense. However, in PVE I get booted off my pet for even casting portal? Seriously? My pet attacks a monster I get dismounted... Just silly. Totally ruins the PVE experience. Just remove mounts and make people run faster if that is your concern.
  • I usually don’t comment or vent. This update takes value away from the game.

The housing, tax, and mount changes are not well thought out.

At what point is this update listening to the players?

What’s the point of a horse now? If I run to any spawn with one it’s pretty much dead.

Let us fight on horses without penalty or keep the statues.

House tax cheap and land and housing expensive? This is going to piss off a lot of newer players, myself included.

Quitting this game never crossed my mind, but I seriously am considering it now.

The lack of communication on such a big change is a big fail.
  • CerynCeryn Japan
    Mekushu said:

That aweful moment when you begged for faction updates , and the devs deliverd ... but nobody else on VE joins factions anyways.... feels .... bad. ..... man. ..

Not surprising at all though. We had a thread at the top for weeks explaining why. As a red, who would want to join factions when there is another option that lets you kill whoever you want?

As a blue, you already have 50% of the server trying to kill you the moment you step outside of town. Why give up your ability to cross heal / be cross healed by other blue players? Why give up the only benefit you actually have so other players can gank you while you are banking in town?

Factions and GvG will only ever have participation if the penalty for being red is very high upon death. A prison system was discussed so people wouldn't "ruin" any characters with hours of stat loss. The added benefit being that players go into prison red and end up coming out orange (and ready to join factions).