A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

What Changes Would You Accept TO START PLAYING MORE??? - QUICK FIXES - LET DEVS READ

ALRIGHT LISTEN - I really loved UO - I love this game, but lost my house when I didnt log in over 10 days.
I tried to log in every Friday and one day I forgot. Oh well. I still patiently very PATIENTLY wait - for them to fix it, for them to have a nice BIG PATCH - and let me log on with all my old guild buddies. I just dont understand WTF is going on - they need to just add new monsters, new bottlenecks, new sound effects, just add cool stuff. New mounts. How about the GREY KARMA SYSTEM FROM UO? We would go orange and get ganked all over for killing someone for stealing our kills. It's stupid - that system needs to be fixed, it has been mentioned 10000x before. Hopefully the DEVS READ THIS - Die Hard Fan

Comments

• For me there seem to be a lot of little things that need to be fixed or improved. Here is my list...

* UI layering is VERY buggy. For example if I have 2 bags overlapping and I try to move something on the top bag, it’ll grab the bottom bag instead.
    * Object seem to have a bigger footprint than is visible. For example at certain angles it’s hard to open my house door because the game thinks I’m clicking on my house sign despite me not clicking on it at all.
    * Right click menus are difficult to access. Dismissing my horse or open a pack on my horse is awkward, I have to right click multiple times before the menu appears most of the time.
    * Looting can be difficult at times with how corpses stack. I would love an autoloot that didn’t require any interaction from me.
    * Some actions break autoattack. For example if I use my charge ability, I will stop attacking despite being in combat mode and having the mob selected. I think healing or cure spells does this too.
    * Mobs can walk through player fences, doors, furniture, etc.
    * The red hit glow on screen is way excessive and needs to be reduce a lot (love the feature, just way too much)
    * High level resources need to be spread out more!
    * Chat text needs to be more visible.
    * Have an option to split the chat and system window to view both together.
    * Need combat actions and damage logged.
    * Better UI for placing houses, need to see were houses are placed before they get placed. Pretty important since houses can’t be re-deeded.
    * Let us re-deed our houses.
    * Combat targetting needs to be much improved.
  • Thank you for the suggestions Mr. Koda - I want them to just at LEAST make the Karma change on the test server and I bet you the game will skyrocket, but all those options are great suggestions!!
  • The CHAT TEXT - MY GOD, PLEASE DOUBLE AT LEAST THE FONT SIZE - TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS
  • Squid said:

Remove the massive spell damage from Vile Spiders so they're soloable by non-tamers again.

Nope I solo them just fine with my archer. May have to run a few steps lol...
  • ALRIGHT LISTEN - I really loved UO - I love this game, but lost my house when I didnt log in over 10 days.
    I tried to log in every Friday and one day I forgot. Oh well. I still patiently very PATIENTLY wait - for them to fix it, for them to have a nice BIG PATCH - and let me log on with all my old guild buddies. I just dont understand WTF is going on - they need to just add new monsters, new bottlenecks, new sound effects, just add cool stuff. New mounts. How about the GREY KARMA SYSTEM FROM UO? We would go orange and get ganked all over for killing someone for stealing our kills. It's stupid - that system needs to be fixed, it has been mentioned 10000x before. Hopefully the DEVS READ THIS - Die Hard Fan

I get what you are saying dude. Just remember they don't have a big team as of yet. I think it will get there with time.
  • EigusEigus spain
    edited April 19
    Pls make those devs enter to private servers like legends of última go kill something then go to the oficial and go kill something. In legends of última game runs lot better, best responsing, less fps drops, attacks respond faster, u can shot move shot etc... Fire for exemple an arrow in the official shard quitting enemy's is a pain in the ass, and like this lot other playability problems. THIS IS THE BASE. Then the content of private servers VS official is ridiculous, private servers have lot more features... Wtf are those devs doing?
  • That is BS - I want to play official - this isnt 20 year old UO where I want to find a server that re-creates the past... What about doing that on a company backed real dev team official server??

It just is stupid, they have a great game, why not Fix the karma?

Why not put in stat loss, player guild wars??

What about just having orange for GUILD WARS - and have them fight in towns and have fun - fix this please
  • Rev JoeRev Joe Fractured MMO (in Alpha)
    A working friends list and the ability to send a /tell would be nice. Too often a friend is online that I can't send a tell to or visa versa.
  • Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
    RevJoe said:

A working friends list and the ability to send a /tell would be nice. Too often a friend is online that I can't send a tell to or visa versa.

I have never had issue with that. Care to test it with me?
    Ewok_CS said:

RevJoe said:

I have never had issue with that. Care to test it with me?
    You have the ability to log into my friends accounts? That is about the only way I can think to test it.
  • Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
    @RevJoe Or we friend up and try the chat?
    Or do you think it is only with that 1 friend?
    Ewok_CS said:

@RevJoe Or we friend up and try the chat?
    Or do you think it is only with that 1 friend?

it's a random mixed bag. i have a pair of friends, husband and wife. both made several characters. now, the husband can not whisper me on character 1, but I can initiate a /tell and then he can reply. On the wifes character 1, i can not whisper her, but she can initiate a /tell to me and I can reply. On husbands character 2, neither of us can initiate a /tell to each other, on wife character 2, i can not whisper her, but she can initiate a /tell to me. with my other friends, 1 of them the /tells are normal as you would expect, when they are online at the same time, either of us can successfully initiate a /tell. with my other friends a mixed bag like my friends who are a couple as mentioned. the friends list and tell system is broken, i've sent bug reports which i am sure were promptly filed in the bitbucket. if i were in the developers chair, i would first fix the underlying game system, *NOT* remove current features and pray the players do not completely abandon the game.
  • BardiocBardioc Berlin
    What i like to see is, fix Magery. We had 64 Spells in UO. I m missing all these small nice spells like "Wall of Stone", Field Spells and Summons. Being a Mage in LoA feels not like beeing a Mage, its feels more like beeing an Archer with nice looking Fireworks as Arrows. Dear Devs, Magery in LoA needs more love !
    It is currently more UO 0.2 as UO 2.0
    And of course we need more cool looking Locations, more Dungeons, hunting places, spread out Resources and Content. Any static, not changing Gameworld is a dead gameworld. You did a good Job expanding the Dungeons we already have.

What also would be nice, some small Storyline-Quests connected to Dungeons and Crafting - something like UO got with the Mondain's Legacy Expansion, it was fun for Months and Years to explore it.
  • OuijaOuija Canada
    Bardioc said:

What i like to see is, fix Magery. We had 64 Spells in UO. I m missing all these small nice spells like "Wall of Stone", Field Spells and Summons. Being a Mage in LoA feels not like beeing a Mage, its feels more like beeing an Archer with nice looking Fireworks as Arrows. Dear Devs, Magery in LoA needs more love !
    It is currently more UO 0.2 as UO 2.0
    And of course we need more cool looking Locations, more Dungeons, hunting places, spread out Resources and Content. Any static, not changing Gameworld is a dead gameworld. You did a good Job expanding the Dungeons we already have.

What also would be nice, some small Storyline-Quests connected to Dungeons and Crafting - something like UO got with the Mondain's Legacy Expansion, it was fun for Months and Years to explore it.

+12

• LET ME CHIME IN - well I just thank all of you for the suggestions. That GM KAI thing I see is very cool, the power hour potions, and that other event we had to collect the shards was cool. I know that it provided a new reason to log in. That is good, ok, and also the crafting changes. How about just making 10 new items to craft? How about introducing new weapons and effects? My thing is, I want to have smooth fights with people, and somehow have a better notoriety system. - GOING GREY IN UO - this was one of the coolest features. Its not just GOOD AND MURDER - there is GREY AREA. So if you are bad ONCE IN AWHILE, you could still be BLUE. THAT is how it should be. Once you go ORANGE - your basically a RED to certain people, because you can be attacked, without consequences, if you are orange and someone wants to fight you. Well - In my example, you are out fighting in the graveyard. MR IMANOOBIE comes over - and starts ganking kills. You move to another area, and he follows you. Then he calls you a gimp and does an emote *bends over and shows asshole* - and you are now PISSED. You have 5 kills before going red, I just kill him. Loot him. Ok Now, should I be ORANGE? Maybe - but it takes DAYS to get enough Karma to go blue. Maybe they could simply lower the Karma requirements to go blue from orange. Right?

It just has to be there to improve game-play, to make your actions matter - but in the above situation I feel I should not be penalized for a long time for that action. The current systems make me not want to kill IMANOOBIE and suffer the other consequences of that. Therefore - IT IS BROKEN. It should be a slam on the rist, and after doing that too many times, then I can go Orange or Red.

Thank you all for the feedback _ TRYING TO KEEP HOPE ALIVE IS HARD - Dude we are almost in May - are we getting a patch soon?

www.wtfman.com
  • SoapSoap United States
    edited April 22
    Aside from bug fixes.

- Karma removal or revamp.
    - Karma be a currency used to purchase cosmetic house/armor/weapon/horse barding skins.
    - Everyone’s neutral and players who commit crimes are grey then perma red after X amount of kills
    - Track criminals ability/skill
    - Remove Gatekeepers, only allow mages to cast Portal
    - No restrictions on who can cast Portal
    - A Jail system
    - City/Town building
    - Sieges
    - Expand current GvG system cuz it sounds hella boring
    - Make Mages very strong but hard to master, so raise skill cap
    - Make a high level in “Blocking” have a chance to deflect spells or even reflect
    - Weapon ranges (piercing right on top, lancing a tile further away)
    - Revamp stealth
    - Neutral Towns don’t defend criminals

- Create Outlaw Town with its own “Code” for Reds to abide, bend, or break (while in this town). Should be a big town and not necessarily a kill box. Maybe after X amount of kills (while in town) you’re banned from the town for a couple minutes. Or you bribe the “guards” to let you back in early. Neutral players can go here but safety is unlikely.

- Make trading between Neutral and “Grey/Red” Players flag the Neutral as Grey. If a Neutral drops an item on the ground and Grey/Red pick it up then the Neutral flags Grey. You’re breaking the law trading anything, especially a weapon, with a fugitive.

- Boats and Naval Warfare
    - Islands with rare resources (all Islands would be Wilderness)
    - Cargo boats for gatherers act like a pack horse and if returned to port safely then the cargo is unloaded to a destination of your choosing over the next 30 mins to 1 hour.
    - Pirates

- Nomadic style housing
    - Wilderness only
    - Set up camp allowing you to log out safely in the Wilderness
    - Takes 60 seconds to set up
    - Has storage containers, all safe storage
    - Can’t sell items
    - Requires a packhorse to carry

- Expand Store System!
    - Traveling merchants, sell anywhere outside town for X amount of time
    - Must be near your stand or can be robbed
    - Create a system where players can opt in to a Non Combat PvP Business System
    - Sabotage, Hire Thugs, Break-in, Steal, Frame, Spy, Arson all in the name of growing your Empire
    - Mark a home as a Store and now acts as just that: a Store and no longer the place to store items
    - Sustain the Store by profiting and playing the Business PvP game
    - Rewards for gaining Business renown can be artificial income gains per sale, cosmetics, additional blueprints, decor, Server Renown, additional Storefronts to grow Empire, invest in Towns (NPC and Player Run), and more

- Black Market for the Wilderness
    - Create items that are considered unobtainable by Neutral Players and can only be bought via Outcasts (Grey's cannot loot these items)
    - Flags Neutral Player as Grey
    - Items can be short term buffs, possibly with negative side effects
    - Special Weapons crafted by Outcast Crafters using the blood/heads of slain Players
    - Decor

- Only allow 1-2 Char Slots
    - Allow to either cash in other Chars or Soulstone all their skills
    - Problem is everyone can be a crafter

- Hunger
    - Thirst
    - Sleep
    - Repair Armor
    - Armor/Weapon add-ons
    - Horse Barding

- Make it so dungeoning and selling AB’s isn’t the only lucrative way to play

- Let me be a pure thief, without fighting skills, and still have a chance to be rich, if I have the skill
    - Pure lumberjack/miner gatherer, basically: let me be a supplier... currently no real need for this since anyone/everyone supplies themselves
    - Let there be fishing tournaments, official and unofficial for profits and rewards
    - Jousting
    - Tournaments
  • Those blue dragons take half a screen and turn the game into a mess it would appear. At least in my eyes it looks terrible.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    A lot of nice ideas, but:
    Soap said:

Aside from bug fixes.
    - Make trading between Neutral and “Grey/Red” Players flag the Neutral as Grey. If a Neutral drops an item on the ground and Grey/Red pick it up then the Neutral flags Grey. You’re breaking the law trading anything, especially a weapon, with a fugitive.

If you want to give items to a red you can always let him kill you and loot you, since dying has no negative effect in this game.

• I like the IDEAS. Most of these will improve the game - SO WHAT I WOULD LIKE IS AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE.

Will the DEVS look at ANY of these ideas soon? WHERE IS SUPREME
  • SoapSoap United States
    @Sacha

Doh! Yeah good point. Ah well
  • Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator

I like the IDEAS. Most of these will improve the game - SO WHAT I WOULD LIKE IS AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE.

Will the DEVS look at ANY of these ideas soon? WHERE IS SUPREME

We're always reading, we just don't always have the time to reply!
  • What Changes Would You Accept TO START PLAYING MORE???

apparently not this patch.
  • Grimfall said:

What Changes Would You Accept TO START PLAYING MORE???

+1
  • KarakothKarakoth Denmark
    Grimfall said:

What Changes Would You Accept TO START PLAYING MORE???

+2

So silly to not being able to dismish my horse. When I enter a dungeon it follows in. When I tel lit to stay some noob drags imps to it at start. Great. At least let me be able to leave it out side dungeon. Now I HAVE to be portaled in or run. Silly patch.
  • meaningful pvp
  • ragonrok said:

meaningful pvp

On VE? The ghost town? If you say so...
  • Grex said:

ragonrok said:

meaningful pvp

On VE? The ghost town? If you say so...
    the server was fine until most of the pvp players left
  • Two major problems for me :

1- Everyone can be a crafter. No reason to continue in that direction. The economy is no more.
    2- Not enough PVE content / exploration.
  • Soap said:

Aside from bug fixes.

- Karma removal or revamp.
    - Karma be a currency used to purchase cosmetic house/armor/weapon/horse barding skins.
    - Everyone’s neutral and players who commit crimes are grey then perma red after X amount of kills
    - Track criminals ability/skill
    - Remove Gatekeepers, only allow mages to cast Portal
    - No restrictions on who can cast Portal
    - A Jail system
    - City/Town building
    - Sieges
    - Expand current GvG system cuz it sounds hella boring
    - Make Mages very strong but hard to master, so raise skill cap
    - Make a high level in “Blocking” have a chance to deflect spells or even reflect
    - Weapon ranges (piercing right on top, lancing a tile further away)
    - Revamp stealth
    - Neutral Towns don’t defend criminals

- Create Outlaw Town with its own “Code” for Reds to abide, bend, or break (while in this town). Should be a big town and not necessarily a kill box. Maybe after X amount of kills (while in town) you’re banned from the town for a couple minutes. Or you bribe the “guards” to let you back in early. Neutral players can go here but safety is unlikely.

- Boats and Naval Warfare
    - Islands with rare resources (all Islands would be Wilderness)
    - Cargo boats for gatherers act like a pack horse and if returned to port safely then the cargo is unloaded to a destination of your choosing over the next 30 mins to 1 hour.
    - Pirates

- Nomadic style housing
    - Wilderness only
    - Set up camp allowing you to log out safely in the Wilderness
    - Takes 60 seconds to set up
    - Has storage containers, all safe storage
    - Can’t sell items
    - Requires a packhorse to carry

- Expand Store System!
    - Traveling merchants, sell anywhere outside town for X amount of time
    - Must be near your stand or can be robbed
    - Create a system where players can opt in to a Non Combat PvP Business System
    - Sabotage, Hire Thugs, Break-in, Steal, Frame, Spy, Arson all in the name of growing your Empire
    - Mark a home as a Store and now acts as just that: a Store and no longer the place to store items
    - Sustain the Store by profiting and playing the Business PvP game
    - Rewards for gaining Business renown can be artificial income gains per sale, cosmetics, additional blueprints, decor, Server Renown, additional Storefronts to grow Empire, invest in Towns (NPC and Player Run), and more

- Black Market for the Wilderness
    - Create items that are considered unobtainable by Neutral Players and can only be bought via Outcasts (Grey's cannot loot these items)
    - Flags Neutral Player as Grey
    - Items can be short term buffs, possibly with negative side effects
    - Special Weapons crafted by Outcast Crafters using the blood/heads of slain Players
    - Decor

- Only allow 1-2 Char Slots
    - Allow to either cash in other Chars or Soulstone all their skills
    - Problem is everyone can be a crafter

- Hunger
    - Thirst
    - Sleep
    - Repair Armor
    - Armor/Weapon add-ons
    - Horse Barding

- Make it so dungeoning and selling AB’s isn’t the only lucrative way to play

- Let me be a pure thief, without fighting skills, and still have a chance to be rich, if I have the skill
    - Pure lumberjack/miner gatherer, basically: let me be a supplier... currently no real need for this since anyone/everyone supplies themselves
    - Let there be fishing tournaments, official and unofficial for profits and rewards
    - Jousting
    - Tournaments

Pity that none of this will be done, because developers do not know what they do, "it does not feel like having a diamond in your hand and not knowing its value."
  • edited April 25
    An actual populated world instead of just a few hotspots and choke points to keep people moving around and not encourage zerging.
    - The faction system actually being more than PvP in towns
    - crafting actually having some depth to it
    - variety in balance for builds like at the end of CB2 for PvP
    - new content instead of this butcher knife like approach to balance and problems
    - simple things like variety in mounts that the community servers have already implemented
    - more skills and prestiges rather than cutting down on what is already there

And finally an actual clear outline of what the final game is going to be rather then all these contradictory patches, talks, streams, and communications over the years.

I haven't felt the want or need to login since the headstart as I've seen pretty much all the content already in CB1 and CB2, and actually more than what is in now. Some graphic changes etc are great, but almost positive there was more variety in builds and prestiges even available before. There just is so much seeming counterproductive actions being taken with no clear vision or the devs having an idea what people find fun in a full loot pvp sandbox.