Rotating camera in the new trailer

Saw the new trailer on Facebook, will we actually ever get a fully rotatable camera which lets us do a third person view? I feel like its just teasing to show it in a trailer but not actually give players the option ingame.

Comments

• At first I thought it was an Easter Egg but unfortunately its rotten inside. Albion Online also did the same thing with their trailers and IMO its a shady tactic and misrepresents the game even with disclaimers.
  • I had been thinking about why the camera currently in game lets you zoom in until you are ALMOST in first person view. I am pretty sure they stop it short so that regardless of the angle you use, you have the same view of distance. If they let you zoom into first person, then you would be able to see further away than people in the top down view. So I'm not expecting they'll let us have a first person view. Though I would very much love it if they did.
  • FiFi the Witch
    edited April 11
    I didn't see this trailer, but I'd love to have first-person point of view in this game as well.

When I played Legends of Aria for the first time, it was a roller-coaster of emotions for me to be able to scroll up juuuuust enough for me to be able to enter first-person mode but discover after a little more fruitless scrolling that I can't zoom any further into my character.

It would give this game a little more VR potential for those who enjoy the whole VRMMORPG scene.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Camera was given a bit more liberty a while ago, maybe in some time they open it up a bit more yet.
  • Saw the new trailer on Facebook, will we actually ever get a fully rotatable camera which lets us do a third person view? I feel like its just teasing to show it in a trailer but not actually give players the option ingame.

One of the first things I did in the game was remap my four movement keys (E,D,S,F) to forward, back, rotate counterclockwise, and rotate clockwise. This is essentially a third person view. However, I get the sense that this isn't what you mean, but mentioning for the sake of others who haven't discovered it.

• OuijaOuija Canada
    Im not hoping for first person however the in game camera could use some work smoothing it out , being able to lock it to use mouse wheel for last and target self. a follow camera ability would be great instead of having to rotate constantly around corners.
  • Saw the new trailer on Facebook, will we actually ever get a fully rotatable camera which lets us do a third person view? I feel like its just teasing to show it in a trailer but not actually give players the option ingame.

One of the first things I did in the game was remap my four movement keys (E,D,S,F) to forward, back, rotate counterclockwise, and rotate clockwise. This is essentially a third person view. However, I get the sense that this isn't what you mean, but mentioning for the sake of others who haven't discovered it.

Can you post a screenshot of what this looks like?
  • TeufelTeufel Aria
    edited April 15
    I'd never do first person as then I could never see someone coming up from behind. I do like the auto follow idea, though.