After half year of steam anounce for 4 december...and delay of more than 4 month... news are here!

EigusEigus spain
edited April 8 in General Discussion
Yeah guys lot of time past since they promise new skills, new map, steam launch and other quality of life features and PvP balance... after lot of wait... they finally give us some news:
https://www.legendsofaria.com/letter-from-the-community-manager-april-community-schedule/?fbclid=IwAR3WwuCsxyH2dzemKAAu_U4ncBOoBQsHEaZCJbpo0nmV6BTCQeAW6Nv2tdw

Yeah guys, they tell NOTHING. They make people talk about what they must do in the game like this is a pre alpha because they have 0 Idea what they are doing after years... one time more vapor ware is sold. Post your coments what happy you are like CS that is very happy to announce to all of us , finally they have another time 0 content to add to the game. CHEERS!

Comments

• Hope they realize, most people are not on these discord channels...especially during the week.
  • Dumpy McWinklesDumpy McWinkles World First Grandmaster Stapler
    I wish you way more than luck Citadel.
  • Shut up and play the game the game is tight be patient stop crying like a baby all y'all do is bitch n cry
  • It's amazing , we bitch because there is no transparency. So they introduce live developer q&s's and weekly discord discussion about improvments. Yet somehow you trolls still find a way to complain. If your going to quit stop pouting and just quit. There are still plenty of people left playing having fun ;)
  • ^ Yeah stop being a emo kid cry baby. Imagine if you lived back in the day when caveman roamed the world.. you would be the first to get eatin by a.... chicken..?
  • ArtArt Crimson Sea - EU, Southern Hills, City of Valus
    edited April 8
    Many games get delayed a lot, that's normal, software development is hard and sometimes unpredictable when it's about game development (it's just what you get when you mix math and art together). They shouldn't release for Steam's Early Access unless the game's at least somewhat polished or Steam community will tear the game apart real fast and along with bad reputation it'll become harder for developers to find new players much later (well, money too).
  • SoapSoap United States
    I’ll play so long as they don’t gut mounted combat
  • ragonrokragonrok Eldeir
    It'll be ready when it's ready man

It's been delayed because they care about what they're releasing and want to really nail it.

If they didn't give a shit, they'd just release right now.
  • ArtArt Crimson Sea - EU, Southern Hills, City of Valus
    ragonrok said:

If they didn't give a shit, they'd just release right now.

This, this sums it all, +1
  • the game is dead...a lot of pl has left and Others are leaving...Citadel plz sell your game to another company...YOU FAILED!
  • mounted combat was cool in UO but wont work well in this game remove it its not needed.

This way you can fight and end the fight mounted combat is worthless
  • SoapSoap United States
    edited April 9
    It’s getting removed because it’s a matter of people being disadvantaged when not mounted. You’re right it doesn’t work well in its current form.

That seriously frustrates me. If their approach is to just get rid of something because it didn’t work the first or second time, then I’ve no faith. It’s a cool feature and just 1 more to write off as something that was and now isn’t. Sounds completely opposite of taking their time and getting it right. On top of that, why shouldn’t there be advantages?

Definitely not worthless but yeah keep thinking that way.
  • FiFi the Witch
    edited April 9
    Eigus said:

Yeah guys, they tell NOTHING.

What exactly do you mean by "they tell us nothing"?

They hired a Community Manager to listen to us and voice our concerns and ideas to the developers, and she has been taking note of suggestions people have been providing within the Discord—including a few of my own—and I assume she is paying attention to the forums as well despite the possibility of her not being able to communicate with us here with the same ease she can within the Discord server. Miphon, and Supreem on rare occasions, are also seen talking to other players within the Discord server whenever they aren't busy.

They have been answering questions and providing as much information as they are able within their Developer Q&A streams on their own Twitch channel—Liz is also present there, and you can watch every VOD if you feel as though you have not been informed about anything outside what they have been sharing in their websites and within the Discord.

They told us that they will be changing how they release major updates to ensure they are properly tested by themselves and us before being released which is why we were given the Experimental Server so they can receive our feedback regarding what needs to be adjusted or changed before whatever it is releases into the live servers. They also made a public Development Trelloas per our feedback—because many players requested a detailed and consistent development road map that will tell us what has been released, what is in the experimental server or will be coming to the experimental server, what is in development, what is in design, and what has been altered.

In addition to what I said about the experimental server, they created this subforum for us to share our feedback regarding what has been added to the experimental server, but I share the same concerns as Soap regarding mounted combat because I have yet to see any of the feedback being addressed or added to the experimental server or the Trello by the developers.

They also, as you have flippantly mentioned yourself, provided us with a schedule for when they are able to give us their undivided attention to listen to what we have to say about one topic regarding the game for each listed day. They had already informed us about this prior to PAX East in addition to informing us about when they will be doing their Developer Q&A streams on their Twitch channel which they have been doing for months according to the dates in the "News" section in their website.
    They make people talk about what they must do in the game like this is a pre alpha because they have 0 Idea what they are doing after years...
    I think they have a perfectly good vision for what they want this game to become, and what you need to realize is that game development is not swift nor is it easy. Games that have existed for years did not get to where they are now within a short amount of time, and this includes old and famous MMORPGs like Ultima Online itself, EverQuest I & II, RuneScape, Helbreath, Ragnarok Online, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, and even other games outside the MMORPG genre like Warframe which had quite a dreadful start but managed to pull itself through and develop a fond relationship with its community.

Delays are perfectly normal in development, and the fact they are delaying updates and content shows us that they care about releasing content that is not buggy, rushed, poorly optimized, or simply lacking in various departments. It was even expressed as much by the additional fact that they have provided us with the Development Trello I mentioned above, explanations from themselves, and the experimental server for us to test anything that isn't ready for release but is ready for feedback. Like others have mentioned above, if they didn't care, they would have released what content they have within the development stage and the game itself on Steam.

They have shown that they care and that they want to hear our concerns and suggestions regarding the game, and each and every letter that they share with us here had the utmost sincerity etched into nearly every sentence which I doubt you even read if you went out of your way to make this post saying that they don't tell us nothing.

What I derived from your post is that it was made out of impatience, and patient is truly something you need to possess when supporting a MMORPG that recently exited its early development stages into Early Access. It will never be a fully-fleshed out game—like the others that have existed for years—without time, support from the community, and hard work. At the moment, despite them having mentioned that they are hiring, my only concern with Citadel Studios is the size of their team, and their team's size contributes to how much work they can get done in each department correlative to each aspect of the game.
  • Just stop playing, that's what I did. They need online numbers to attract potential investors. When the numbers aren't there and they don't get interest from investors they will start listening.
  • rgarrett said:

mounted combat was cool in UO but wont work well in this game remove it its not needed.

This way you can fight and end the fight mounted combat is worthless

Yes just remove everything that is broke or overpowered. No tweaks or balancing allowed.
  • SoapSoap United States
    @Fi
    Nice read, well said. I agree, they definitely care but I’m not happy with some of their decisions. Too many of them feel like they’re not a real priority for people who have been here for a while. I think we, those of us here now and before, should take precedence over new players experience. It’s Early Access, worry about making the game accessible AFTER everything else is fixed. Make your original base happy first. It’s turned me off big time.

But they definitely care about this game and it’s the only reason I come back to check on it time to time.
  • FiFi the Witch
    Soap said:

@Fi
    Nice read, well said. I agree, they definitely care but I’m not happy with some of their decisions. Too many of them feel like they’re not a real priority for people who have been here for a while. I think we, those of us here now and before, should take precedence over new players experience. It’s Early Access, worry about making the game accessible AFTER everything else is fixed. Make your original base happy first. It’s turned me off big time.

But they definitely care about this game and it’s the only reason I come back to check on it time to time.

I agree with you as well in reference to the questionable removal of content—mounted combat being the most recent victim to be gutted from the game—and the new player accessibility.

While I believe I have some understanding behind why they are removing content from the game, there will no longer be any depth to the game for anyone to enjoy if they continue to subtract mechanics and content they deem inadequate. Aside from mounted combat, I have yet to see some of the things players mentioned being removed from the game appear in the experimental server for us to test, but I can only assume that they will make a return based on what's mentioned in the trello such as Necromancy, staves, unique gear like those supposed dragon shields and Elven swords, and gear with modifiers making a return with "Mythic PvE".

New player accessibility should most certainly be one of the last few things within their list of priorities because what point is there to create things that cater to helping new players learn and explore the game if the game itself isn't finished being made more polished, optimized, and plentiful with things to do? A simple tutorial and that little wisp itself will do just fine.

In addition, their team is quite small from what I remember, so they don't have much people they can split into various departments of development which results in the stagnant pace of the updates. Judging by how semi-consistent the updates were prior to February 14th, they may have shifted towards working on The Frozen Tundra, among other unknown things since we haven't heard a thing about Mounted Combat either within the experimental server sub-forum unless they are busy going through the feedback to incorporate what they deem insightful and interesting into development—I hope, based on what was mentioned here about accelerating towards The Frozen Tundra and here about their change in approach to Full Point Releases which basically means slower updates for the sake of feedback and quality.

Aside from all of that, you're absolutely right. In early stages of development, the concerns and feedback of currently existing player base—that have played the game long enough to know what should be added, removed, and adjusted—and the game's stability and entertainment itself in the form of patches, new and adjusted mechanics instead of absolute removal, and new content should take precedence over making the game more accessible and attractive to new players which can be done after the game has been optimized and given much for all players to do.