Make everything pay to win! (WOW)

LOL at this little easter egg in the developer Q&A. probably already mentioned on twich/discord but i still find it very funny!!

Comments

• SanakSanak United States
    Wtf are you even talking about?
  • Low player pop = p2w incoming.

Not a question of "if" but "when".

The folks that want this as "niche", must think the devs are independently wealthy and work this game for a hobby...lol.
  • SanakSanak United States
    1coldone said:

Low player pop = p2w incoming.

The folks that want this as "niche", must think the devs are independently wealthy and work this game for a hobby...lol.

Professional forum troll/armchair dev says so. It must be true!!! /s
  • DustyMacdDustyMacd Scotland Moderator
    I believe @Miphon_CS wrote it on the board as a joke.
  • Time is money...
  • ragonrokragonrok Eldeir
    1coldone said:

How in the world did you not pick up that this was a joke?
  • ragonrok said:

1coldone said:

Maybe a joke, now. Give it a year, though. They need to make money, somehow.

Cosmetics in a cash shop are probably not going to do it. There is not a sub and they probably are not releasing multiple expansions a year.

Pretty sure i remember the devs response to power hour potions, is they reserve the right to introduce them later for cash, not just loyalty points. Which some seen the writing on the wall, when they considered putting them there to start with.

Going p2w will not be surprising, in the least. Especially, if they do not fix the issues that are having players leave.
  • ragonrokragonrok Eldeir
    1coldone said:

ragonrok said:

1coldone said:

Cosmetics in a cash shop are probably not going to do it. There is not a sub and they probably are not releasing multiple expansions a year.

Pretty sure i remember the devs response to power hour potions, is they reserve the right to introduce them later for cash, not just loyalty points. Which some seen the writing on the wall, when they considered putting them there to start with.

Going p2w will not be surprising, in the least. Especially, if they do not fix the issues that are having players leave.
    You're angry about something that doesn't exist
  • ragonrok said:

1coldone said:

ragonrok said:

1coldone said:

Yet...

Ever ask yourself why, UO done it automatically for everyone in the 1st hour of login and LoA has potion for "loyalty points" (currently)?

I mean, LoA said it was a catch up mechanism for newer players....who are not going to have very many loyalty points...now are they?
  • ChrystiChrysti Europe
    1coldone said:

ragonrok said:

1coldone said:

ragonrok said:

1coldone said:

Yet...

Ever ask yourself why, UO done it automatically for everyone in the 1st hour of login and LoA has potion for "loyalty points" (currently)?

I mean, LoA said it was a catch up mechanism for newer players....who are not going to have very many loyalty points...now are they?
    Yet they are not available for loyalty points but accessible to everyone via events ;)
  • Chrysti said:

1coldone said:

ragonrok said:

1coldone said:

ragonrok said:

1coldone said:

Yet...

Yet they are not available for loyalty points but accessible to everyone via events ;)
    They are not available for loyalty points (last i looked) and are in game due to the push back. Just now, the "catch up" mechanism for new players is difficult for those new players to get to or even get if low skilled...as new players tend to be.

No, it was to be a dry run on popularity and what to charge. Meanwhile, UO made it accessible to everyone for logging in and playing for an hour.

People will still buy them regardless of the spuratric events, they maybe able to get them.
  • Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
    :naughty:
  • DustyMacdDustyMacd Scotland Moderator
    Miphon_CS said:

:naughty:

you are a devil! :D
  • This pay to win exp potion argument is beyond old news and stupid.
  • edited April 12
    Until it shows up again...and I suspect it will. It is only "stupid" if those people planned on buying them for rl money. Since, the 2 big things that make this game (like UO) special is player housing and how skills work.

But, trying to pass it off as a catch for new players and then putting behind loyalty points...is a head scratcher, though.
  • Very similar to the soul stone... its a head scratcher. Takes 12 months of loyalty points when anyone can GM a skill in 2 weeks. Pointless item.
  • Divinorum said:

Very similar to the soul stone... its a head scratcher. Takes 12 months of loyalty points when anyone can GM a skill in 2 weeks. Pointless item.

Guess, they are relaying on new players to bring lots of friends? Only other way to get loyalty points. Yea, I can see that one, as well. Just most people had less issue with the stone.

Now, if they start selling prime land spots on the rl cash shop, that would be interesting watch....lol.
  • OuijaOuija Canada
    @Miphon_CS Are you trolling your game forum? lol … I mean I respect it but... I have faith but... now you got me..