The New Experimental Server is now live!

Hello adventurers!

Last week we informed you of our plans to launch a new 24/7 Experimental Server - and we’re happy to announce that it is available right now! The Experimental Server is available through the Legends of Aria launcher.

Forum threads have been made under Experimental Discussion for the New Death System, the New Mount System, and Miscellaneous Improvements. We ask that you leave your feedback on the changes on the appropriate forum threads. For any bugs, please report in-game. You can view all of the Experimental Server Patch Notes below:

New Death System: [Forum Post]

- Ghost players will not be able to see other players, other than at the scene of their own corpse
- Upon death a player will not instantly release to their ghost. When released, player will be moved to the nearest resurrection shrine.
- Added a cooldown spell which teleports a player’s ghost to the nearest available shrine
- Returning to the sight of your player corpse will offer an ability to resurrect with minimal resource pools and all remaining belongings returned
- Players can now choose to resurrect at a shrine following their death, which will leave all belongings on corpse
- You can now Resurrect a player’s corpse while player is in a different region
- Pets will be partially released upon player death and will resume ownership on resurrection within range of your body
- Added a cooldown ability that allows a player’s ghost to see other mobiles near their corpse when activated

New Mount System: [Forum Post]

- Standard mounts can no longer be dismissed to statues
- Mounting a horse is no longer instant / being dismounted no longer carries a debuff
- Mounting a horse simply requires an interruptible short channel
- Engaging in combat, casting spells or engaging in standard actions will dismount the rider
- New mount types are now available with summon/unsummon straight to player inventories

Miscellaneous Improvements: [Forum Post]

- Fixed missions being given based on incorrect skill level
- Updated Kryss secondary ability to bleed
- Updated Poniard secondary ability to Mortal Strike
- Adjusted bow difficulty to improve skill progression
- Adjusted Obsidian crafting difficulty to improve skill progression
- Adjusted difficulty on boards to allow crafters to GM on high end materials
- Added ethereal horses
- Hunter spider now has the appropriate pet slot assignment
- Fixed Black Forest town chest that was stuck in a wall

Comments

• just 3 question really fast:

1- so lancing still have an useless dismount skill on weapon?
    2- Ethereal horses come from?
    3- ty for carpentry :D
  • Meziljin said:

2- Ethereal horses come from?

Yes

• Ethereal steeds oh boy. Now we can have mounts that act just like WoW, Neverwinter, ESO...
  • LucablightLucablight United States
    Or you know UO?
  • just i wanna know how to obtain an ethereal horse, and i'm not speaking of experimental (i can summon it on testservermenu), but how it is planned to work on release
  • SabeSrSabeSr Florida
    Ummm its a test server, could we get a bag full of gold instead of the standard one silver piece to start with thanks
  • ttmahattmaha Brasil
    edited March 23
    if it is done this
    - Engaging in combat, casting spells or engaging in standard actions will dismount the rider

me, and many friends let's get out of the game! O Pacifico [ubge]

we want the game faster, not slower!

this is my feedback!
  • These proposed changes to mounted combat have already cost the game players and they haven't even been implemented yet.
  • edited March 27
    Tamers can no longer use a tree to tame Wyverns. This makes taming them for gains a major pain in the neck. Same with taming Emperor Scorpions, Huntresses, and Dreads.

Taming is a pain to level as is, making it this hard simply pushes me to tame with a friend (having a Wyvern beat on him) so I can tame for gains. I shouldn't have to require friends to gain skills. Also ... having to kite across entire zones to tame these harder animals is just, meh. If this is an intended change, at least allow us to tame at a longer range or at least let us get the same type of "miss" mechanic with a crook equipped as Mages get with a spell book.

Terrible, terrible change.
  • ttmaha said:

if it is done this

me, and many friends let's get out of the game! O Pacifico [ubge]

we want the game faster, not slower!

this is my feedback!

True
  • OuijaOuija Canada
    Just like uo? nah not really in uo riding an ethereal was a bit of a negative for combat if someone used a dismount SKILL or threw a bola you popped off and it had a long cast time to hop back on.

in order for ethereal to work you need to only be able to dismount players using skill or else you've greatly gimped yourself.
  • Please dont do this mess to the mounting system.
  • SheermSheerm United States
    Please level mount dismount as is in game.
  • SheermSheerm United States
    Please leave.
  • SoapSoap United States
    edited April 15
    Removed.
  • FiFi the Witch
    edited April 14
    Sheerm said:

Please level mount dismount as is in game.

Sheerm said:

Please leave.

You can edit your comment or post at with the gear/cog symbol located at the top right of it, but I'm with you.

I want them to leave the mount system as it is now until they read and test some of the feedback we provided here.
  • SoapSoap United States