Mounts: "All Kill" should dismount tamers.

edited March 15 in General Discussion
Since everyone else will get dismounted for attacking/casting. It only seems fair...

EDIT: I don't like the proposed mount 2.0 but if they decide to implement it tamers should not be treated any differently from everyone else.

Comments

  • edited March 15
    Hopefully they wont be lazy and actually try to make the game better and not worse
  • edited March 15
    Telling a wyvern to attack a player is just that, attacking. The same rules should apply to all, only seems logical and fair. I'm sure all the tamers will be up in arms over this....
  • OrashnaOrashna Ohio, US
    I agree. Same rules for dismount should apply to Tamers 100%

    All kill and then targeting someone is just like swinging a weapon or hitting someone with a spell
  • CenturionCenturion United Kingdom
    edited March 15
    There should not be dismounts in the first place .... pvp should be fast paced and exciting not walking round after each other while contenting with rubber-banding and lagging all over the place.

    PvP is more fun when its quick fast paced ... next they will introduce zimmer frames and walking aids.

    Dismounting is their lame attempt to hide the lag and rubber-banding.
  • edited March 15
    Centurion said:

    There should not be dismounts in the first place .... pvp should be fast paced and exciting not walking round after each other while contenting with rubber-banding and lagging all over the place.

    PvP is more fun when its quick fast paced ... next they will introduce zimmer frames and walking aids.

    Dismounting is their lame attempt to hide the lag and rubber-banding.


    I said, "I don't like the proposed mount 2.0 but if they decide to implement it tamers should not be treated any differently from everyone else."
  • edited March 15
    And I don't think players left because of the mount system. I think they left because of the lack of content/boredom. I don't think this is a high priority issue. So much of the different regions of the map just feel so empty. Factions is a failure. Crafting is lackluster. The last thing they should be doing right now is making the combat slower than it already is. That's not how to bring back players who left because of boredom... Just my 2 cents.
  • Centurion said:

    There should not be dismounts in the first place .... pvp should be fast paced and exciting not walking round after each other while contenting with rubber-banding and lagging all over the place.

    PvP is more fun when its quick fast paced ... next they will introduce zimmer frames and walking aids.

    Dismounting is their lame attempt to hide the lag and rubber-banding.

    So what your saying is your horse magically prevents you from rubberbanding?

    Where do I find this magical creature?
  • I'm primarily playing a tamer right now and I have to agree with OP. I think it's bad design to allow one side of the fight (initiator) to be mounted while forcing the other side to start the fight unmounted. It's an obvious balance issue that appears to be getting addressed.

    Any attack or pre-attack (pre-casting offensive spells) should dismount.
  • Remove horses.
  • Squid said:

    Remove horses.

    Sure remove horses and reduce the map as well. It is just vast areas of emptiness.
  • Patsy said:

    I'm primarily playing a tamer right now and I have to agree with OP. I think it's bad design to allow one side of the fight (initiator) to be mounted while forcing the other side to start the fight unmounted. It's an obvious balance issue that appears to be getting addressed.

    Any attack or pre-attack (pre-casting offensive spells) should dismount.

    +1
  • 1coldone said:

    Patsy said:

    I'm primarily playing a tamer right now and I have to agree with OP. I think it's bad design to allow one side of the fight (initiator) to be mounted while forcing the other side to start the fight unmounted. It's an obvious balance issue that appears to be getting addressed.

    Any attack or pre-attack (pre-casting offensive spells) should dismount.

    +1
    I agree, if attacking/casting dismounts players it should apply to tamers who command their pets to attack. Glad you guys agree as well :).
  • Patsy said:

    I'm primarily playing a tamer right now and I have to agree with OP. I think it's bad design to allow one side of the fight (initiator) to be mounted while forcing the other side to start the fight unmounted. It's an obvious balance issue that appears to be getting addressed.

    Any attack or pre-attack (pre-casting offensive spells) should dismount.

    +1. My main is a tamer. I can live with this.
  • The tamer will be dismounted.
    Unless you have no clue what you’re doing and are fighting the pets instead of the tamer...
  • edited March 15
    Tamers are king of PvE. Arguably best 1v1 in PvP.

    Try to 1v1 a tamer who is on horseback with a wyvern. They will just spam ray of frost and while the wyvern mauls you. Or if it's a melee tamer, charge then hamstring + mortal while wyvern mauls you.

    All Kill needs to dismount the tamer because they are attacking. There has to be a downside to being a tamer. The rule of attacking/casting = dismount should apply to all.

  • edited March 15
    Go fight a tamer who has a wyvern 1v1 as a mage or melee and let me know how that goes lol. I have dueled a few 1v1 and fought a few in the field as well.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Getting dismounted because your pets attack sounds absurd to me.
    Balance and common sense can get along. If that wyvern is too much just nerf it, and enhace other pets ate the same time, so we see more variety.
  • CerynCeryn Japan
    Sacha said:

    Getting dismounted because your pets attack sounds absurd to me.
    Balance and common sense can get along. If that wyvern is too much just nerf it, and enhace other pets ate the same time, so we see more variety.

    GM tamer here and I disagree completely. If you need a "common sense" reason why a tamer would have to dismount than consider that pets might well need to read the body language from a tamer (something that can't be done from a horse) to accept commands.

    The thing that will balance this for tamers is they will probably be able to give tameables a "set speed" in combat unlike now. (Currently their chase speed is based on the move speed of their target. If you want to test this take a Wyvern and put it on someone who isn't on a mount and it will keep pace with them. If they are mounted it will also keep pace. If it can keep pace with a mounted player it should totally run down anyone unmounted.)

    I think mounts having a set speed is probably essential since if they go ahead with their planned changes there will be a lot more unmounted combat. In this case a red can literally roll up onto someone with a wyvern and boom game over. If being unmounted is required they can make mounts chase players they are in combat with at human run speed. This means pets won't be OP when chasing down people on horses.

  • OuijaOuija Canada
    This whole topic highlights the reason for not implementing this change to stay.

    Removing content and features while in development should be considered a NONO

    Fighting while mounted make for a faster pace of combat and provides the game with immersiveness.

    "hold on a sec bud let me hop down and pull my bow out before we start scrapin eh?"
    is not cool.

    Once mounted players should not fall off their mount UNLESS:

    They are not wearing a saddle
    They are hit with the dismount skill
    They are bollad (adding bolas would fix this and add a new craft able item) (player should haave a % chance to hit with bolas by using two uncommon skills passively like Vigor/Brawling to attain a higher % chance to hit with bola)

    They die.
  • CerynCeryn Japan
    edited March 17
    Ouija said:

    This whole topic highlights the reason for not implementing this change to stay.

    Removing content and features while in development should be considered a NONO

    Fighting while mounted make for a faster pace of combat and provides the game with immersiveness.

    "hold on a sec bud let me hop down and pull my bow out before we start scrapin eh?"
    is not cool.

    Once mounted players should not fall off their mount UNLESS:

    They are not wearing a saddle
    They are hit with the dismount skill
    They are bollad (adding bolas would fix this and add a new craft able item) (player should haave a % chance to hit with bolas by using two uncommon skills passively like Vigor/Brawling to attain a higher % chance to hit with bola)

    They die.

    I think it works either way as long as it is consistent. Either there should be mounted combat and almost nothing should dismount you or stagger (like poison does currently) or everyone should dismount from agression.

    Personally I think combat will be cleaner and more fair as well as easier to balance if it auto dismounts. I'm assuming most horses auto dismiss to your bag when you enter combat. On foot combat is better for a number of reasons. It puts most class abilities that affect movement speed in line with one another. Right now it really sucks to be a mage or archer because someone can leave the screen in the time it takes to nock an arrow or cast even a single spell. This favors melee characters too much especially given the disparity of how good healing is compared to manifestation. You can charge in on a mage knock them off their horse and then drop them because the got dismounted. By contrast if you didn't manage to dismount them you can dart off of screen before they can counter cast. It is totally weighted towards the aggressor. I think it will also be nice to see more depth of combat abilities such as Dart/Evasion and diminishing returns on slows like RoF since they won't be as essential if both parties have committed to a fight.

    By contrast in the new system you would dash in on a mounted player and if you failed to dismount them they would at least have a chance to reposition and decide if they want to fight you or if they want to flee. It shouldn't affect most actual combat mechanics all it does is lets a fight start of even footing.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Ceryn said:

    Sacha said:

    Getting dismounted because your pets attack sounds absurd to me.
    Balance and common sense can get along. If that wyvern is too much just nerf it, and enhace other pets ate the same time, so we see more variety.

    GM tamer here and I disagree completely. If you need a "common sense" reason why a tamer would have to dismount than consider that pets might well need to read the body language from a tamer (something that can't be done from a horse) to accept commands.

    The thing that will balance this for tamers is they will probably be able to give tameables a "set speed" in combat unlike now. (Currently their chase speed is based on the move speed of their target. If you want to test this take a Wyvern and put it on someone who isn't on a mount and it will keep pace with them. If they are mounted it will also keep pace. If it can keep pace with a mounted player it should totally run down anyone unmounted.)

    I think mounts having a set speed is probably essential since if they go ahead with their planned changes there will be a lot more unmounted combat. In this case a red can literally roll up onto someone with a wyvern and boom game over. If being unmounted is required they can make mounts chase players they are in combat with at human run speed. This means pets won't be OP when chasing down people on horses.
    Ceryn, I'm sorry I think I didn't fully understand your post.
    Each creature should have a (maximum) speed, that does not depend on who he's chasing. I agree.
    But that's a different issue. Like the boring system now where all horses run at same speed.

Sign In or Register to comment.