Outcasts: LoA’s First Endangered Species

SoapSoap United States
This is purely speculation but based on the Road Map, past patches, and how Outcasts current rule set is, I believe CS is going to slowly eliminate Blue, Orange, and Red players. At least Reds, from what I’m seeing.

The pattern is, Reds are constantly getting the shaft. You can’t Portal, you can’t GK, you got a long run to a Rez Shrine (I actually like that one), and you blow each other up with AoE. Pretty much the difference with Red and Blue. None of that adds to difficulty (except AoE but that feels like an oversight), it just makes being Red monotonous and time consuming. You either run everywhere or skill up a char for every area. So far that sounds more like the idea isn’t to make the life of an outlaw hard or immersive, but a huge nuisance.

Before the Road Map was out I thought “surely CS will do some tweaking for Reds eventually”, but now, I’m really doubtful.

Mounted combatessentially dismounting you for any offensive ability you do mean people are just going to run by you. You get 2-4 hits in, they bandage, and they’re gone. Overworld PvP will be even less then we see now.

Next: “Outcasts logged out in unsafe locations (the wild/within dungeons) fall asleep and may be slain.”
This is a good rule imo... but why is it ONLY for REDS? This should be a rule for every player. Log out only allowed in sanctuary areas.

Why solo out Reds? I believe the idea is to simply make Red play so annoying and unenjoyable that GvG and FvF will slide in to replace it. It’ll have all the perks that being an Outcast never came close to.

So what this also does is it means without Reds to (imo have a better controlled economy) gank purely PvE type players, the players that wanna craft simply don’t join PvP centered guilds/factions and the only threat is now the environment, because they’ll (Devs) do away with Reds completely, or just make them pointless to play to satisfy the Pure Crafter/PvE Crowd.

The only way this doesn’t destroy the economy is if the rarest items come from multiple professions and the items are extremely rare, and only in dangerous areas, and also only harvestable by a GM of whichever craft is required.

I want everyone to be able to play and enjoy this game but man, getting ganked or the fear of it is what makes this game so enjoyable. You’re constantly thinking “should I kill 1 more or hearth?” That’d be gone if Reds are gone, too. Granted GvG/FvF could be a hit and everyone may love it, but still, that Wild West factor of this game is gone if the Reds go. And I think once they go, they’re gone for good.

TL;DR: Based on the Road Map I fear Reds are going to be pushed to extinction and be replaced by ONLY consensual PvP, such as joining a Faction or GvG. I understand FvF means no where is safe, but no one plays it, and it takes away from the feel of the game without the fear of a Red ganking you. It’s like Trammelizing without separation.
I feel this is what is coming though because they (Devs) maybe see it as their only option to keep the PvE crowd around. However, there’s way more ways than just pummeling Reds into the ground with nerfs!

Ps. This is purely my speculation based on the games recent patches and Road Map.

Comments

• DramaQueenDramaQueen Россия
    Yeah, whiners will kill LoA, welcome to legends of WOW
  • BoondiggleBoondiggle Fredonia
    I had no idea it was that bad. I haven't been playing long enough to get to the PvP but eventually I'd like to have a red character of my own. I hope it isn't phased out, but I think it still needs some changes. As it stands, nearly all of the good, worthwhile content is in total wilderness. This is a very pk friendly game despite your legitimate concerns. Rather than gimping outcasts, blue players can be given some extended range on the guarded zones. The guarded area isn't small, it's just sparse and lifeless. It makes sense for the most powerful mobs and items in the game to be in remote wilderness, and it would keep the incentive for blue players to risk forced PvP with brutally efficient outcasts. However, it's no fun when lower-level players frequently risk unavoidable death for the slightest adventure. Getting ganked by 2 6xGMs is a known risk, but it's not a fun experience when it's forced.

I second you on the logging out in the wilderness thing. That's BS. Second on the Portal spell, too. I don't want our red community to disappear. What are some fair and practical changes you would like to see?
    Welcome to Legends of Crabs
  • FeastFeast USA east
    The red living as an "outcast" or drifter as you put it never was. they all have their main blues supplying them. The entire karma system is pointless though imo. id rather just have the wilderness a big FFA, with something like infamy and bounties implemented. infamy gives some kind of combat bonus but also increases your bounty, so if you are rocking everyones world alot more people will be after you for a sizable loot they gain from turning in your head. keeps the PVP'ers mostly killing one another but also adds risks to the non PVP'ers as people will be wanting to increase their infamy for the power gains. once you reach a threashold of infamy you are no longer allowed in protected areas without getting attacked.
    Yeah, remove karma!
  • give karma aids^^...
    edited March 15
    If pers have -10 000 karma, then remove pers, permanent death
  • SoapSoap United States
    edited March 15

I had no idea it was that bad. I haven't been playing long enough to get to the PvP but eventually I'd like to have a red character of my own. I hope it isn't phased out, but I think it still needs some changes. As it stands, nearly all of the good, worthwhile content is in total wilderness. This is a very pk friendly game despite your legitimate concerns. Rather than gimping outcasts, blue players can be given some extended range on the guarded zones. The guarded area isn't small, it's just sparse and lifeless. It makes sense for the most powerful mobs and items in the game to be in remote wilderness, and it would keep the incentive for blue players to risk forced PvP with brutally efficient outcasts. However, it's no fun when lower-level players frequently risk unavoidable death for the slightest adventure. Getting ganked by 2 6xGMs is a known risk, but it's not a fun experience when it's forced.

I second you on the logging out in the wilderness thing. That's BS. Second on the Portal spell, too. I don't want our red community to disappear. What are some fair and practical changes you would like to see?

I agree, we need Reds as we need Blues. Screw the filthy Oranges.

But I think more options need to be given to those players who are crafting and gathering in the Wild. I think an easy fix is to make a saddle that a player has a significantly less chance of being dismounted on, and also has a speed increase, and boost horse health slightly. So when you’re farming BW or Ore you just hop on that horse with the “Light Horse Saddle” on it to make your escape. You’ll be harder to catch, but it won’t be impossible either. Getting rid of mounted combat is just lazy imo.

• Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
    edited March 15
    We've no intention of removing reds, we will always allow reds to operate freely in the purest sense, we have however always stated that we're going to make it a difficult playstyle.

I've discussed this here: https://forums.legendsofaria.com/discussion/comment/58040/#Comment_58040
  • SoapSoap United States
    That’s good to hear. I’ve been searching for a game like this for a long time and it worries me when I see games slowly shoehorn the PvP crowd. I agree Red life should be hard like it would be IRL, but logging out in dungeon should be a rule we ALL have to abide by. My humble opinion.
  • FeastFeast USA east
    Soap said:

That’s good to hear. I’ve been searching for a game like this for a long time and it worries me when I see games slowly shoehorn the PvP crowd. I agree Red life should be hard like it would be IRL, but logging out in dungeon should be a rule we ALL have to abide by. My humble opinion.

i am fine with that, makes sense that logging out would affect everyone
  • Soap said:

I agree, we need Reds as we need Blues. Screw the filthy Oranges.

But I think more options need to be given to those players who are crafting and gathering in the Wild. I think an easy fix is to make a saddle that a player has a significantly less chance of being dismounted on, and also has a speed increase, and boost horse health slightly. So when you’re farming BW or Ore you just hop on that horse with the “Light Horse Saddle” on it to make your escape. You’ll be harder to catch, but it won’t be impossible either. Getting rid of mounted combat is just lazy imo.

in a close future u can run away with any suddle:)
  • Yeah, whiners will kill LoA, welcome to legends of WOW

I can tell your pretty young if WoW is your only PvP experience.

Back in the day, in UO, Red life was rough. Permanent stat loss. 8 hours/kill logged in to work off murder counts.

Literally could not play your red if his stats were to low. You had to grind them back.

Would you prefer this?
  • Soap said:

+1 totally agreeable
  • KarakothKarakoth Denmark
    Ithiel said:

Yeah, whiners will kill LoA, welcome to legends of WOW

I can tell your pretty young if WoW is your only PvP experience.

Back in the day, in UO, Red life was rough. Permanent stat loss. 8 hours/kill logged in to work off murder counts.

Literally could not play your red if his stats were to low. You had to grind them back.

Would you prefer this?
    UO is 7 years older than WoW. How can you tell if a person is young based on that person having played a game that is 15 years old and not 22? That makes no sense. Maybe he was 35 when he started WoW.
    I'd rather say, if your only PvP experience is UO, then you have not played many games and your point is void.
  • SoapSoap United States
    The systems in place for Outlaw chars don’t hamper the character they hamper the Player that’s the poor part about the system. The play style is only more difficult in terms of monotonous amounts of time wasted running from point to point.

Aside from wasting a persons time the true difficulty of being a Red is AoE damage to each other and not being allowed in Guarded towns.

AoE’ing each other should be fixed to only if you’re not in a party.

Denying guarded city access is a good gameplay design.

They need to change the play style by making it more difficult in terms of Survivability, not Travel Distances.
  • edited March 15
    Only blues are allowed to be immune to AOE :) Only blues are allowed to log in a dungeon. Lol...
    edited March 15
    Removed by moderator
  • edited March 15
    Removed by moderator
  • @DramaQueen

Nobody wants to see.pictures of your boyfriend.

Eve online, good game but that doesn't prove your age.

Darkfall sucked, that game has failed so many times i lost count.
  • edited March 15
    Removed by moderator
    edited March 15
    Removed by moderator
  • edited March 15
    Removed by moderator
  • edited March 15
    What does that have to do with games? Why are you talking about guns on a game forum?
  • Grex said:

Ithiel said:

Darkfall sucked, that game has failed so many times i lost count.
    Just you are old, weak reactions and you faint from the sight of blood

Just do your homework; young players with better reactions will always be better than you)
    LoL. I did my homework.

My guns are very clean and well oiled and my aim is true and well practiced.

The US army taught me that
    What does that have to do with games?

What does weak reactions and sight of blood have to do with games?
  • That's between you two. You old heads are acting weird and childish. Ironic.
  • Grex said:

That's between you two. You old heads are acting weird and childish. Ironic.

You sure do get triggered easy. Do you need some soy milk and a nap?
  • I'm not triggered, it's just an observation of your behavoir. Grow up.
  • Grex said:

I'm not triggered, it's just an observation of your behavoir. Grow up.

Man I'm sorry...

Do you think you could get me signed up for one those Starbucks sensitivity training courses?

You know, the one where you take double shots of soy milk and talk about each other's feelings.
  • Welcome to Legends of Crabs

+1
This discussion has been closed.