Outcast naps and other punishments for PK's demand mass amnesty?)

Hey Devs, our life (PK) and now not perfect, no gates, GK, less shrines, and u want to make more and more troubles for us?) why u listen only blue whiners, and nothing to leave this game as sandbox, not as bluebox?) Easiest way is to delete "Outcasts" as class in game) leave just blue and blue Chaotic ) and blue whiners will be happy)

If seriously, with this PERFECT IDEAS (can see bottom), u must make for ALL RED PLAYERS AMNESTY, while this new things is shit.

Engaging in combat dismounts the aggressor
Outcasts logged out in the unsafe locations (the wild/within dungeons) fall asleep and may be slain. (I have a little kid, when he cry i must run to my home in game? really? now is enought to push "logout", it is seems little bit better, no?)

Comments

• RenataRenata Germany
    i aggree with him ,,,, thats bulls..
    what be better for example to make ban ppl from houses not only kick,,,,
    so reds cant kill you in your garden and even loot you because you cant kick them faster then they can loot you...
    and problem are not the reds, problem is the gangbanging
    there should be rewards for killing reds, then there will be blue pk hunter gangs also
  • was anything new in the patch which wasnt mentioned or is this rage just random?
  • SoapSoap United States
    https://trello.com/c/EBTNzMmW/25-outcast-naps

In Development
    Description
    Outcasts logged out in unsafe locations (the wild/within dungeons) fall asleep and may be slain.

This would be fine if it applied to ALL players not just Reds.

I honestly think, from everything they’ve been doing, they want to slowly eliminate Reds from the game and turn focus to GvG and/or FvF.

I’m all for making the bad guy be tough but so far it’s all pointed toward Red extinction and consensual PvP, which sucks.
  • Reds are going to take a backseat to factions and guild wars.
  • DramaQueenDramaQueen Россия
    Yeah,
    Gvg is crap, only open PVP in open world.
  • TurrugTurrug Hamburg
    @Miphon_CS
    @Israel_CS
    Are CS Team, or minimum Community Manager at all read forum?) or i must write it somewhere else?) Tweeter? Reddit? Discord?) or all places is the best way?)
  • Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
    edited March 15
    We read all of what you mentioned.

You mentioned that reds already have restrictions placed upon them with respect to fast travel. The purpose of this is to allow reds to operate as reds but be unable to spread their operations across the map in a short time frame. A blue player generally doesn't wish to be in all dungeons at all time, instead wishes to hunt at one particular spot. Should reds be allowed to fast travel, they are allowed to disproportionately impact the gameplay of a larger number of blues with relative ease. Our goal was to specifically balance this.

The ability for reds to log out multiple characters in multiple locations allows them to circumvent this restriction entirely. The goal of this implementation is to make it more difficult for reds to accomplish this.

We'll always support reds in Legends of Aria, but we have always insisted that reds will be a far more difficult role to play and we will ensure that they do not finds ways to circumvent mechanics applied to them.
  • TurrugTurrug Hamburg
    Miphon_CS said:

We read all of what you mentioned.

You mentioned that reds already have restrictions placed upon them with respect to fast travel. The purpose of this is to allow reds to operate as reds but be unable to spread their operations across the map in a short time frame. A blue player generally doesn't wish to be in all dungeons at all time, instead wishes to hunt at one particular spot. Should reds be allowed to fast travel, they are allowed to disproportionately impact the gameplay of a larger number of blues with relative ease. Our goal was to specifically balance this.

The ability for reds to log out multiple characters in multiple locations allows them to circumvent this restriction entirely. The goal of this implementation is to make it more difficult for reds to accomplish this.

We'll always support reds in Legends of Aria, but we have always insisted that reds will be a far more difficult role to play and we will ensure that they do not finds ways to circumvent mechanics applied to them.

Yes, somewhere i am agree) but for example, Red can use gates or GK once in 5 Hours?) Isn't it slow travel?) but this way we can save ~30 mins of running just for running) i think u agree that is little bit boring?)

For other way the Reds will play for Chaotics or think something else, for example put Houses by every Dungeon) and runs the same way, one Char in one house, second char in second House))) How minutes to run to 2-nd level of Dungeon? 3 mins?) it just will not work )
  • edited March 15
    really i don't care bout fast trevel or "fall a sleep" when logging off, can live with that..can live with that if i lose internet connection or electricity - dosen't problem, BUT if i found a target after 1-2h of searches and after i attack him....losing my horse and he just run away.....guys really...what are you smoking?
  • arenas? who's need it? me? me don't need. arena this is pvp for noobs. for what need arena if u can duel atm anywhere u wanna?
  • remove cooldown on bandages, and blue will be happy) reds will kill 1 blue only with 10 ppls )
  • SanakSanak United States
    Youll just have to stop ganking miners and actually pvp with others wanting pvp (factions). Seems reasonable. Sorry the free lunch, gank anything that cant defend itself will be harder. O well.
    Sanak said:

Youll just have to stop ganking miners and actually pvp with others wanting pvp (factions). Seems reasonable. Sorry the free lunch, gank anything that cant defend itself will be harder. O well.

Also farmers, solo players, afk players. Only Gvg, arena. Right?
  • No one should be able to log in a Dungeon/wilderness. Regardless of color. They should just be tele'd to the nearest bind spot.

No need to punish reds, blues abuse it just as much as well as ghost scouts.

Also the dismount idea is a horrible!

The more you stray from the sandbox, the more people will leave this game...and for the record I am a die hard blue player.
  • edited March 15
    Sanak said:

PvP doesn't mean faction only.... It means any player (Player vs Player). Like a player in a dungeon hunting monsters etc... Those players can defend themselves or they wouldn't be there.
  • Sanak said:

1st- miner must be ready and fully understanding what if he going to mine in wirldness he can die here. if he don't ready just don't go there
    2nd- " actually pvp with others wanting pvp (factions)" really i don't saw any1 who's wanna. regular one of 2 sides don't wanna pvp right now:)
    3rd- i saw miners who can defend himselfs
  • edited March 15
    I hope this game doesn't turn into a snooze fest. As of now without PvP this game would be extremely boring due to the lack of PvE content. Go play a community PvE server to avoid conflict/confrontation. The game is advertised as a sandbox with full loot. There are plenty of PvE only MMO games that you can play if you can't handle this game.
  • TurrugTurrug Hamburg
    edited March 15
    Yea, i am agree about miners who can defend) i have on my miner 50+ manifest) and i just teleport from PK, relog on my PK, and here is head on my table. image prntscr.com/mycahb
  • SoapSoap United States
    The problem with gatherers is they have damn near 0 chance to escape. Instead of dismounting attackers give the gatherer tools to escape. Smoke bombs (alchemist item), traps and snares, a horse saddled for speed that resists stuns and snares, purchasable destructible walls that you can set up in a mine to delay ganks, no logging out (for any color) outside of a home/town.
  • @Miphon_CS

Fantastic ideas.

People who play reds just want the easy life.

If they think falling asleep and being dismounted from combat is so horrible. You could just implement a hardcore mode like UO and cause permanent stat loss and HOURS of logging in afk to remove murder counts.

Seriously, the ideas you guys are implementing are great and way more carebear than UO.
  • Soap said:

The problem with gatherers is they have damn near 0 chance to escape. Instead of dismounting attackers give the gatherer tools to escape. Smoke bombs (alchemist item), traps and snares, a horse saddled for speed that resists stuns and snares, purchasable destructible walls that you can set up in a mine to delay ganks, no logging out (for any color) outside of a home/town.

problem not in this. problem what ppl wanna all in 1, GM miner+GMlumberjacker+ GM blacksmith+ gm tailor. what can do characters like this? - nothing. i have my own lumberjacked, but he have gm archery, gm healing and hide. with that character i can kill solo ganker or other lamberjcker or can just hide from big pk group... not all time, but i can. if u play ussless character why this must be my problem?
  • Isn't it ironic how when blues ask for PvP balances there told.

"This ain't trammel bo"
    "This ain't ur game bo"
    "U need ta geet gud or get gone"

Ohh how the tides have turned!
    Turrug said:

Yea, i am agree about miners who can defend) i have on my miner 50+ manifest) and i just teleport from PK, relog on my PK, and here is head on my table. image prntscr.com/mycahb

Lol
    Nice collection!
  • if they remove mounted combat i just come bad to eve online. anyway it was nice game and im enjoi it about 3 month. was 1st game witch drag me away from eve. in eve i play from 2006
  • edited March 15
    Ithiel said:

Isn't it ironic how when blues ask for PvP balances there told.

"This ain't trammel bo"
    "This ain't ur game bo"

How so? A red mage can go into a mine and ray of frost the miner to death. Nothing will change lol... In dungeons there is no mounting.

This mechanic just slows down the pace of combat for everyone where mounting is allowed. If a blue attacks an orange or red the rule also applies to them as well.

To each their own, some of us just don't like the idea of combat being slower paced than it is. You'll just see more mages spamming ray of frost, you won't get away, you will still die. It just makes the game worse for melee characters. Sucks for archers too since they can't shoot while they move.
  • edited March 15
    Grex said:

Ithiel said:

"This ain't trammel bo"
    "This ain't ur game bo"

How so? A red mage can go into a mine and ray of frost the miner to death. Nothing will change lol... In dungeons there is no mounting. It just slows down the pace of combat for everyone where mounting is allowed. If a blue attacks an orange or red the rule also applies to them as well. To each their own, some of us just don't like the idea of combat being slower paced than it is. You'll just see more mages spamming ray of frost, you won't get away, you will still die. It just makes the game worse for melee characters. Sucks for archers too since they can't shoot while they move.
    Actually, if you took the time to read the future plans. You would realize they have marked to add a cool down modifier to the ray of frost debuff. Just like the other status effects.
  • edited March 15
    Ithiel said:

Grex said:

Ithiel said:

"This ain't trammel bo"
    "This ain't ur game bo"

How so? A red mage can go into a mine and ray of frost the miner to death. Nothing will change lol... In dungeons there is no mounting. It just slows down the pace of combat for everyone where mounting is allowed. If a blue attacks an orange or red the rule also applies to them as well. To each their own, some of us just don't like the idea of combat being slower paced than it is. You'll just see more mages spamming ray of frost, you won't get away, you will still die. It just makes the game worse for melee characters. Sucks for archers too since they can't shoot while they move.
    Actually, if you took the time to read the future plans. You would realize they have marked to add a cool down modifier to the ray of frost debuff. Just like the other status effects.
    Between stuns and ray of frost I don't think it will make a difference regarding attackers getting dismounted. They'll just kill the gatherers horse first since they have to gather on foot and mounting is no longer instant. If anything you will just see more reds to ensure the gatherer doesn't get away. I don't PK miners on my red but maybe I will start to just to prove a point. I think you are VE :)
  • SoapSoap United States
    Ithiel said:

"This ain't trammel bo"
    "This ain't ur game bo"

But the PvE crowd is always heard over the PvP crowd. Go ahead and make Outcast play more difficult but make it in terms of survival. This should be color wide effects.
  • Soap said:

Ithiel said:

"This ain't trammel bo"
    "This ain't ur game bo"

But the PvE crowd is always heard over the PvP crowd. Go ahead and make Outcast play more difficult but make it in terms of survival. This should be color wide effects.
    How would you add survival aspects to red gameplay?

How would these changes benefit blue gameplay?
  • Grex said:

Ithiel said:

Grex said:

Ithiel said:

"This ain't trammel bo"
    "This ain't ur game bo"

Between stuns and ray of frost I don't think it will make a difference regarding attackers getting dismounted. They'll just kill the gatherers horse first since they have to gather on foot and mounting is no longer instant. If anything you will just see more reds to ensure the gatherer doesn't get away. I don't PK miners on my red but maybe I will start to just to prove a point. I think you are VE :)
    Again, PLEASE READ the future plans. They also mentioned removing the mounting debuff.