Suggestions & Constructive Criticism

BhearusBhearus Michigan
edited March 14 in General Discussion
Looking very, very good! Well done!

Suggestions are mostly little things that might improve the game:
* Is it possible to have pets follow a little closer? Specifically the horses when I am out mining. Mules someday? It's not that I cannot interact with them, that works fine, but keeping them closer would be great.
* Can we keep the packs open when we move? That would also be nice, they close when we move.
* Ctrl + click on dropped items for quick loot, rather than right click select Quick loot every single time. This works fine on a corpse, but not dropped items.
* Some network loading quirks. I sure wish I knew how you were loading scenes. Is it possible to use ECS to load GameObjects? Certainly preloading and caching resources would be ideal, it does not "look" like they are cached. I can certainly help in this regard if needed (My bread and butter so to speak). Perhaps load further out, I see things pop as I move towards them. Not a big deal at all, just thinking about continuity.
* Occlusion behind objects is not bad, but I think it could be better, kind of like the old circle of transparency with a slider to make it larger or smaller. Sometimes objects really block things and while I know I can rotate with the arrows, that can really impact battle. Perhaps objects that are certain range from the camera could be transparent?

All in all, very impressive. Looking forward to seeing more.

Comments

• BhearusBhearus Michigan
    edited March 14
    Some more thoughts:

* Require being dismounted to forge. The animation is great, but it looks like I am pounding my horses head with a hammer.
    * Toggle for items, rather than having to hold LCTRL.
    * Is it possible to use ECS for the item display? That seems to either create a bunch of GameObjects each time it is pressed which could explain the mass drop in FPS. Alternatively, you can auto-generate a certain limited number and allow the user to cycle through them, reusing the GameObjects to avoid that. ECS would eliminate it completely. Or the alternative is to run it on a separate thread, although that might not be possible due to the main thread requirement for Unity related objects.
    edited March 20
    * Keep the dispatch window open after selecting a mercenary job, if, I can select more than one.

* Offer an option to set the rotation speed of the camera when the MMO configuration is selected.

* When auto running it tends to shift to the right a little as it goes, preventing rotation of the screen. Essentially as you rotate the screen so does the horse or character.

* I think it would be nice to be able to select my own health bar when casting a spell, just in case my character is obscured by an object.

* Similar indicators to tracking skills on the right side would be really helpful:
    Hunger indicator
    Coin amount
    Reagent amount

* Customization for bars, I'd like to be able to move them around, or remove them completely. etc..

* Right click to close any bag, menu, etc.. left click to get a menu.

* When cloak takes effect maybe turn everything the user is wearing gray?

* I cannot remember if I mentioned this, but having the ability to slow down the right click rotation of the mouse would be great.
    edited March 21
    * Key Mapping for Target Last Self, All of the Toggles (Friend, etc) are resetting after logging out and back in. So they interfere with other bound keymaps.
  • Bhearus said:

Some more thoughts:

* Require being dismounted to forge. The animation is great, but it looks like I am pounding my horses head with a hammer.
    * Is it possible to use ECS for the item display? That seems to either create a bunch of GameObjects each time it is pressed which could explain the mass drop in FPS. Alternatively, you can auto-generate a certain limited number and allow the user to cycle through them, reusing the GameObjects to avoid that. ECS would eliminate it completely. Or the alternative is to run it on a separate thread, although that might not be possible due to the main thread requirement for Unity related objects.

Just wait until you try your hand at carpentry. I'm always afraid of sawing off the head of my horse.
    Ruggero said:

Bhearus said:

Some more thoughts:

Just wait until you try your hand at carpentry. I'm always afraid of sawing off the head of my horse.
    lol, the horse is invincible!
  • edited March 21
    It would be nice to be able to lock healthbars on the screen. Sometimes when I'm trying to pull a new monsters health bar I accidentlly pull one of my teams again and move it out of position. Also if we could keep our pulled healthbars when entering a dungeon.

Make it highlight and click on only the monster corpses I can loot.

Make buying regs, arrows, bandages etc have the highlighted "1" so that it auto-erases when typing in the box. Add a slider too.

Hotkeys for mount and dismount. Hotkey for open door. Or just make doors auto-open when I'm facing and walking that direction like I'm pushing the door open.

Can I please have an option to never attack my own pets!!

Add mouse camera turn speed sensitivity!!

edited March 21
    * It would be helpful to be able to focus while I am cloaked without breaking the cloak spell.

* Maybe a few more character slots. I really want to play around with different types of characters and crafters.