Celador Tax Reform Act of 2019

We the people of Celador petition to the taxers of the lands ((devs)) to cut all household tax 50%.

Please sign your name on this petition if you agree.

Total signatures:

Comments

• IDiivilIDiivil Los Angeles, CA
    Agreed.
  • SanakSanak United States
    Or at least actually turn off auctions when you make an announcement that no auctions will happen that week.

Rip VE

Glad i had my shit paid. But damn i woulda liked to snag one of a couple that ended up poofing after auction.

But yeah...the tax is too damned high!
  • +1
  • Agree
  • CenturionCenturion United Kingdom
    /Agree
  • DiamonasDiamonas Canada
    edited March 14
    duplicate
  • BoeserBubBoeserBub ...
    edited March 14
    why should tax prizes be reduced? Was there a big bug on one server (like paying 2x taxes or 3x taxes per week)?

Or do you guys think the taxes are just to expensive as they are? - here I dont agree at all.

Sanak said:

Or at least actually turn off auctions when you make an announcement that no auctions will happen that week.

Well, that is fucked up by citadel studios. Wouldnt be surprised if people leave just because of that if true.
  • Disagree. This game needs more money sinks, not less.
  • Taxes are fine....if anything too low.
    Also land is taxed, but not the house....this needs to be changed.
    A better formula of the combo land/house, not just land.
  • We the people of Celador petition to the taxers of the lands ((devs)) to cut all household tax 50%.

Please sign your name on this petition if you agree.

Total signatures:

get rid of the tax system
  • OrashnaOrashna Ohio, US
    Replace Tax with IDOC system and for the love of God and all that is holy allow us to loot the house by everything dropping!

1/2 the fun of UO was the battles over boxes containing untold treasures after a house dropped

The question of what would replace taxes for a Money sink remains though
  • Taxes are needed, so when people quit playing or take too long break, that plot becomes available for others...that are playing. So, the tax rate is fine.

I would prefer a decay system. Where the house or land, decays or becomes overgrown. After 2 weeks, if the current and back tax (with a penalty added), the house decays and items drop.

There you go more fun fighting over loot and money sink in building a new house.

1coldone said:

Taxes are needed, so when people quit playing or take too long break, that plot becomes available for others...that are playing. So, the tax rate is fine.

I would prefer a decay system. Where the house or land, decays or becomes overgrown. After 2 weeks, if the current and back tax (with a penalty added), the house decays and items drop.

There you go more fun fighting over loot and money sink in building a new house.

+1
  • DireDire Canada, UO Napa Valley pre Tram, UO SP
    My only question is, how do people think they will fight over 'items' when 95% of Aria players live in a guarded blue area? :P

Great question! And the first answer is that not all houses that *poof* are in guarded zones

The 2nd is, you can bring Reds into Guarded zones, you just can't get them near guards. I could sit there with my red, and blues could flag up to attack me. Thus adding to the excitement
  • Taxes seem fine. Dirt cheap unless you got in over your head by placing a 30 x 30 as a solo player. Those large plots are meant for guilds. My slightly expanded plot with a Tudor house on it and a nice sized front yard is 59 silver per week. That’s nothing.
  • I like the tax system the way it is. I think the devs nailed this really well. I don't want the landscape being cluttered with defunct houses. UO was too generous in this regard, where you just had to log in once a week and refresh your house. If you care enough about the game to be actively playing, earning even 2-3 gold is nothing.
    But... but.... mine is 5g 33s/week *sad face*

And I just have a stone house cottage