Decoration Competition event on Crimson Sea (but different) (Deadline 30 March 2019)

ChrystiChrysti Europe
edited March 16 in General Discussion
Hello Hello you decorators!! Here is one for you!

Remember the good old UO days and some of the art pieces people made?

I do! I was one of them:
https://imgur.com/a/HcS7HPo
(just some tid bits I made I could quickly find a picture of).

So what do I ask of you?
Make a piece of art with common items. We are all able to have gorgeous rare piece of deco that is just an item but there is no creative in that!

I challenge you to get creative and make something impressive.

Post a screenshot of it here in this post and find me on discord (Chrysti#4680) to arrange validation that it is your work on your plot.

Deadline: Saturday the 30th March 2019 8pm GMT (Dublin time)

How will you prove it is yours? Great question!
Options:
Change the name of the plot on the mailbox while I am with you.

or:

You invite me to a trade of your property.
Standing by your mailbox you invite me to trade ownership via the mailbox
A deed to the plot will show up in the window proving it is yours.
I will NOT accept the trade and neither do you.
I just need to see that it is your property.

Prices:
I will donate 5g toward the prizes and I welcome donations of money/items toward this. As usual all prizes will be paid out and no cut is taken by me.
Donators:

Winner(s):
The winner(s) will be picked Saturday the 30th March 2019 8pm GMT (Dublin time)

Depending on the entries and prizes available there may be anywhere between 1-5 winners

I will have a co judge(s) which will remain anonomous until the winners have been decided.

I look forward to see what you all come up with!

Comments

• ChrystiChrysti Europe
    edited March 16
    Entry verified! We have a robot :D I named him Wall-E

Ownership verified by transfer of property invite which was immediatly cancelled and only used as method to proof ownership. Verified on my Mage Auraya.
    Borislav said:

• ChrystiChrysti Europe
    where are my other creative contestants?
  • RyaRya Crimson Sea - Curator of the Sacred Isle (Rares) Museum
    edited March 25
    Hello,

I hope these pictures work...hard to capture :) one of my creations on my Serendipity Plot on Sacred Isle (Crimson Sea).

https://i.imgur.com/x2MOZeW.jpg
  • DustyMacdDustyMacd Scotland Moderator
    If you are having issues seeing your comments please PM me and I can look in it!
  • ChrystiChrysti Europe
    Entry verified! We have a pond :D

Ownership verified by transfer of property invite which was immediatly cancelled and only used as method to proof ownership. Verified on my Chrysti.
    Rya said:

Hello,

I hope these pictures work...hard to capture :) one of my creations on my Serendipity Plot on Sacred Isle (Crimson Sea).

https://i.imgur.com/x2MOZeW.jpg

• MorphMorph Denmark
    edited March 27
    I've been in several of these contest in UO too, and won quite a few...

I do however not agree at all with:

"So what do I ask of you?
    Make a piece of art with common items. We are all able to have gorgeous rare piece of deco that is just an item but there is no creative in that!"

There is tons of creativity in that, creating a theme around rare is as creative as making anything else..

Anyways Gort and I will enter with - lets call it "The Final Resting Place" kinda inspired by good old King Leoric :)

https://imgur.com/9kxzTDb

• MorphMorph Denmark
    This is a GREAT idea!

I do however not agree with this:
    Make a piece of art with common items. We are all able to have gorgeous rare piece of deco that is just an item but there is no creative in that!

Rare items is a source of inspiration and you can get very creative around them - I do not have any pictures of all my houses in UO, but rares was essential to create the best decoration. You can be as creative with them as anything else - They are just the icing on the top :)

Anyways Gorth and I would like to participate with this - Lets call it "The Final Resting Place" hope you enjoy - it has however a few rare in it...

• MorphMorph Denmark
    edited March 27
    We had a fire burning in that pit, but after the change where we could not dug down items on land... it was ruined so we'll have to get creative!

NOTE: Our house is placed right by the gate at Cross Roads as the map shows.
  • ChrystiChrysti Europe
    edited March 27
    Dw morph using rare items is allowed :) the idea is just that a large rare but pretty devout item is not used on it's own. The spirit of the competition is to get creative :) mind sending me a PM on discord and I'll hook up with you this evening to confirm plot ownership :smiley:

Looks great! Cant wait to see in person!
  • MorphMorph Denmark
    Chrysti said:

Dw morph using rare items is allowed :) the idea is just that a large rare but pretty devout item is not used on it's own. The spirit of the competition is to get creative :) mind sending me a PM on discord and I'll hook up with you this evening to confirm plot ownership :smiley:

Looks great! Cant wait to see in person!

Sure are you Crysti on discord? send you a PM :)
  • ChrystiChrysti Europe
    Entry verified! We have a final resting place :D

Ownership verified by renaming of property used as method to proof ownership. Verified on with Chrysti.
    Morph said:

This is a GREAT idea!

Anyways Gorth and I would like to participate with this - Lets call it "The Final Resting Place" hope you enjoy - it has however a few rare in it...

• ChrystiChrysti Europe
    competition has been closed. We have 4 entries into the competition and i will deliberate witha few people to jude them to decide on the winner! will be announced in the next 24 hours! best of luck to all entrants!
  • I see only 3 entries (Robot, pond and dead guys). Why said 4?
  • ChrystiChrysti Europe
    the 4th guy kept getting blocked by forum spam filters. someone else did also but mod managed to find that post.
    https://imgur.com/a/zrchaG7

all 4 entries together in the link
  • ChrystiChrysti Europe
    Winner:
    1st Place Rya with the Pond
    Runner up:Morph and Gorth with The Final Resting Place

Well done to all participants! I'm a great fan of all pieces submitted!

If the winner and runner up can please contact me to collect their prizes on discord i'd be gratefull.

thank you again for participating