Why do warriors suck in PvE?

My Slash, block, healer tank sucks in pve, I see tamers and mages own?~

Why? Why the hate on pure warriors? They are almost unplayable.. :(

Comments

• BoeserBubBoeserBub ...
    edited March 9
    I play both characters: a Mage and a Warrior. In PvE both have strength and weakness. None of them is unplayable.

Tamer is the best PvE class right now.
  • my warrior rocks in pve love it ez money
  • I enjoy my warrior. Gotta build right. Having books helps.
  • This game is so easy no matter what you play
  • Scan said:

Probably, just need the nerfed to the ground drop rate books or a lot of gold to buy those books... it sounds like.
  • rgarrett said:

my warrior rocks in pve love it ez money

LOL... now I know you are not even playing warrior.
  • Scan said:

The usual: Warriors have to take damage in order to damage mobs. Mages are ranged (compared to most mobs which are melee) and can kite, while Tamers' pets are better at taking and dealing damage than players.

It's a classic MMO issue. Some games mitigate it by ensuring most mobs have range attacks or AEs that hit at range instead of close, or they cheese it like EQ1 where some mobs just summon you if you're out of melee range. It's an old balance problem and not one I expect CS to fix.
  • 1coldone said:

Probably, just need the nerfed to the ground drop rate books or a lot of gold to buy those books... it sounds like.

They help a bit, but seriously, they arent that strong in PvE. Also, when you use those abilities frequently to farm, you wont have them ready when PKers are engaging.
  • SanakSanak United States
    Idk, i honestly love my tank. Works well in pve. If i had any ability books id try pvp, but...yeah dont have 100+g for them.
  • BoeserBubBoeserBub ...
    edited March 12
    Sanak said:

Idk, i honestly love my tank. Works well in pve. If i had any ability books id try pvp, but...yeah dont have 100+g for them.

because I get sick of these stupid "books are so expensive" comments. What combination are you exactly aiming for on your warrior? I doubt its vanish and/or mage armor.

The most expensive I could think of is adrenaline rush (doubt it because tank), charge or shieldbash and vanguard. And even with a combination of those you dont have to pay 100g.

edit: also its sometimes better to have any helpful (but cheap) ability instead of none. Maybe buy those first?
  • Sanak said:

+1
  • BoeserBub said:

Sanak said:

because I get sick of these stupid "books are so expensive" comments. What combination are you exactly aiming for on your warrior? I doubt its vanish and/or mage armor.

The most expensive I could think of is adrenaline rush (doubt it because tank), charge or shieldbash and vanguard. And even with a combination of those you dont have to pay 100g.

edit: also its sometimes better to have any helpful (but cheap) ability instead of none. Maybe buy those first?
    I have seen them in 30 to 40 range on player vendors...if you can even find them.
    BoeserBub said:

Sanak said:

Cool story bro. Im sick of all the "ability books are fine as is BS too".
  • DramaQueenDramaQueen Россия
    edited March 12
    I have seen them in 30 to 40 range on player vendors...if you can even find them.
    Really?
    now the facts (few minutes earlier):
  • What server was that btw? Cause Adrenaline rush sold on azure for 60+g, hunters mark is usually 20 to 30g
  • BoeserBubBoeserBub ...
    edited March 12
    ok, I can only talk about crimson sea because I play there.

But, there is no way I pay 100g for these books, let alone 60g+ for adrenaline rush that no ones buys -.-
    Sanak said:

so again the same question: what books are you exactly trying to buy on a tank? I call it bullshit as long as I cant check it on discord / server.

• warriors suck in pvp mages just own everyone In numbers no point in making a warrior
    BoeserBub said:

ok, I can only talk about crimson sea because I play there.

But, there is no way I pay 100g for these books, let alone 60g+ for adrenaline rush that no ones buys -.-

Sanak said:

so again the same question: what books are you exactly trying to buy on a tank? I call it bullshit as long as I cant check it on discord / server.

Call whatever you want bullshit. I need books for all my guys. Every char with 0 books is a half finished char. Books are hard to get. Those are the facts. It sucks but it is what it is.
    edited March 13
    Call whatever you want bullshit. I need books for all my guys. Every char with 0 books is a half finished char. Books are hard to get. Those are the facts. It sucks but it is what it is.
    LoL
    U can write a letter to Santa
  • I have seen them in 30 to 40 range on player vendors...if you can even find them.
    Really?

We are not on the same server, so quit acting like you know the server prices you are not on. You come off as troll.

Not all books are equal and the ones that actually matter (and fall under "must have") are very expense.
    edited March 13
    We are not on the same server, so quit acting like you know the server prices you are not on. You come off as troll.

Not all books are equal and the ones that actually matter (and fall under "must have") are very expense.
    You just admitted that book prices arent a problem in the game.
    What prevents u play on another server?

LoL
    U can write a letter
    1coldone said:

Really?

Man dont feed the russian troll. They love to spread bs as if its fact. May as well just lol at the idiot.
    edited March 13
    This is not a problem in LOA.
    Just people on your server are very greedy. Right?

We have a Russian saying: life is a suitcase, you put things and carry

so stop whining, u yourself chose this server with these people. Dude, shithappens.
    Also, leave ur clan, leave this game, be free and happy Bro!