Drop rate on T3 books on Awakenings is absolutly broken!

We hae been running dragon and tree 3-5 times a day for 3 weeks now. We try to run them in smaller groups of 9-12 top better our chance at a book. Yes in those 3 weeks I think I have seen a total of 3-4 T3 books drop. Price are threw the roof, I saw a mage armor book being advertized for 2plat. I personally sold a vanish for 1.3 plat which I could have got more for it. Please for the love of god up the drop rate of T3 books.

Comments

• t3 book in eu are sold for 30 gold...
  • little tweak for t3 should be nice gesture from devs^^ i agree
  • DiamonasDiamonas Canada
    T3 Book demand kn Azure Sky is 10X that of the EU though 2hich is why prices are sky rocketing
  • SanakSanak United States
    Ability books are a joke. Such a necissary and powerful mechanic for your character should not be the end game grind. Pretty rough trying to pvp outside a gank squad without them.
  • TeufelTeufel Aria
    edited March 5
    Azure Sky, right? Yea, I agree T 3 books need a drop increase at Awakenings. Thank god I have the books I need, but I’m still trying to get some high end books for newer guildies. I’ve done tons of tree and dragon since the changes. Nada other than lvl 2 books. T1 to 2 book prices have fallen, but 3 have gone nuts. I have no hate on high end books/items, but it seems we may need a tweak.
  • TeufelTeufel Aria
    edited March 5
    P.S. Death in Catacombs should also give a chance at tier 3 books in addition to his/her rare drops.
  • SaculSacul Polska
    We went to death along with 15 players, total waste of time..
    none of us has received any reward
    until I see the news in path about specific changes I'm not going there
    I was on about 8 Awakenings, I never got a book !!!

• edited March 5
    Just echoing the sentiments here. We do many dragon awakenings and it is usually tier 1-2 books that are dropping. For the same amount of time, I could get more tier 1-2 books on the second level of many of the dungeons.

For small groups of players, they will never see these books unless they are for sale but they are so rare, most of the guilds capable of doing tree/dragon still need them. IMHO, there should be some other mechanic(s) available to obtain these books.
  • Books are such a bad idea as it is. Bad game designer. Really bad
  • ok... what is next? copper drop rate/amount absolutly broken?
  • DramaQueenDramaQueen Россия
    edited March 7
    Haters absolutely broken
  • I saw vanish being advertised on Azure sky trade for 4 Platinum. This was yesterday, prices are skyrocketing it's not about hating it's about the reality of the situation..
  • QpiqQpiq Massachusetts
    If the prestige ability system is not revamped prior to the steam launch it will be the greatest single cause for this games demise. It's a fundamentally flawed game mechanic that defeats the purpose of the principles of LoA's crafting/consumption game economy. Limiting how a person can defend themselves in any PvP situation by gating character abilities, what should be a core mechanic, behind awakenings or spending 100's of gold to obtain them is asinine.
  • Qpiq said:

If the prestige ability system is not revamped prior to the steam launch it will be the greatest single cause for this games demise. It's a fundamentally flawed game mechanic that defeats the purpose of the principles of LoA's crafting/consumption game economy. Limiting how a person can defend themselves in any PvP situation by gating character abilities, what should be a core mechanic, behind awakenings or spending 100's of gold to obtain them is asinine.

What makes it worse...is they are trying force the PvP, by choke points, skill gains, dungeon drops and resources.

If they are going to force pvp, then balance should be a priority.
  • They've acknowledged that this is an issue.... I think the reason they are pausing up on it, isn't that they don't want to solve the problem, but rather that any 'Solution' will in turn give rise to other problems. IE -- Up the drop rate? Ok, those books get funneled into the hands of people who've already got the skillbooks. People who are only there to really make money.... New players will never be capable of standing up against the PK groups without them, and thus will have a much harder time farming gold. In turn, will take them longer to obtain the ability, all the while, the price continues to rise. So then the problem becomes, 'How do we get these books into the hands of new players, without the prices being completely obscene?', to which there is no answer without flooding the market. At which point, you ask yourself, why are there ability books in the first place? Which moves us to the next solution... What happens if they remove ability books entirely? Well, at that point it becomes too easy to obtain abilities, because they are only 25 points at most, and 60-80 skill requirement. You could up these requirements, which would in turn make it harder, but where is that? Also, once finished, what are we supposed to do with ability points at all? Will they have a point in the future, or does the system become needlessly obsolete afterwards?
  • Legends of ultima server does it right. You earn the base skills needed for an ability then you find a trainer and pay to learn it. Same cost and availability for every player. Or at least have bosses drop some kind of token that you can turn in for certain skills, the higher the teir the higher the token cost, like 1 token for each player per awakening at the very least
  • HawkshieldHawkshield United States
    fibrosis said:

Legends of ultima server does it right. You earn the base skills needed for an ability then you find a trainer and pay to learn it. Same cost and availability for every player. Or at least have bosses drop some kind of token that you can turn in for certain skills, the higher the teir the higher the token cost, like 1 token for each player per awakening at the very least

This is exactly ideal. The attaining of any abilities in any game and in RL is about paying for training and skilling up through effort, not luck of drop/dice. It almost seems malicious like the game is designed to torture people who really liked UO, kinda like the JJ Abrams of game design.
    edited March 8
    Good morning whiners, at the moment you're whining, but I get books.
    Raise your lazy asses and earn a books
  • You got a t1 book you idiot. You can only get t3 from awakening boss and the drop rate is terrible.

You got a t1 book you idiot. You can only get t3 from awakening boss and the drop rate is terrible.

LOL
    You're probably kidding, right?
  • You got a t1 book you idiot. You can only get t3 from awakening boss and the drop rate is terrible.

LOL
    You're probably kidding, right?
    No he is not.
  • really i don't understand. all players start without skills and abilityes. why for me not a problem get any book what i'm wanna and this is problem for some1 ealse?
  • if u can't find or buy book... maybe u doing something wrong?
  • Good morning whiners, at the moment you're whining, but I get books.
    Raise your lazy asses and earn a books

Do you think you should be calling other people lazy when you cheat and take advantage of every exploit in-game that you can?

It really hard to take any of your accomplishments seriously any more.
  • Mandrain
    mandrain said:

if u can't find or buy book... maybe u doing something wrong?

Vanish, Mage Armor, easily selling for 2 + plat, and prices are still going up. New players will never afford them...
    edited March 8
    SgtBlunt said:

Mandrain

mandrain said:

Vanish, Mage Armor, easily selling for 2 + plat, and prices are still going up. New players will never afford them...
    this is not a problem of LOA, we have a market economy.
    just people from the USA server are very greedy.
    EU server price around 30g for t3, around 20 g for t2 and around 10g for t1
    join in EU and be happy Bro!

P.S. Also t3 AB is crap
  • mandrain said:

You mean, didn't start early enough to solo farm them of low level mobs in the newbie areas?
    1coldone said:

mandrain said:

You mean, didn't start early enough to solo farm them of low level mobs in the newbie areas?
    Now easy farm on 2 lvl dungeon
  • 1coldone said:

mandrain said:

Now easy farm on 2 lvl dungeon
    That makes up for solo farming low level mobs and then nerfing the drop rate the ground, for everyone else?

• Then forcing pvp on people who do not have, the MUST books to compete.