How Do we Financially Support LOA?

Other than buying Multiple accounts? Seems Loyalty Points still do not update either?! Am I missing anything or is that the only Revenue they have atm? I have 5 accounts, 2 is all I need or want I should say to play my desired Builds. I want to support the game but I see no other way to do it then to buy accounts that will end up being Real Estate agents and that is not what I want to do but I do want to support the game.

Comments

• PetrPetr Czech Republic
    They told about possibility to bring up an pure optional subscription in last Q&A. Thats what I exactly hoped for and mention it in some topic. So lets hope it will be soon :wink:
  • Petr said:

They told about possibility to bring up an pure optional subscription in last Q&A. Thats what I exactly hoped for and mention it in some topic. So lets hope it will be soon :wink:

I'm hoping :)
  • I agree! I would love to support the game with a optional subscription!. What I do as for now is, subscribe and donate to the people who stream the game and get the name out to new faces.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    If you want an optional subs with no reward, you might as well buy an account from time to time and forget about it, it will be like a subs.
  • Buy game accounts and then do a raffle
  • Azzazel said:

Buy game accounts and then do a raffle

That's a good idea, wonder if that would be allowed though
  • PetrPetr Czech Republic
    Sacha said:

If you want an optional subs with no reward, you might as well buy an account from time to time and forget about it, it will be like a subs.

But I feel bad about this because It may distort statistics about how big player base is. So yes, can be a way, but Im more fun for that optional subscription :smile:
  • The team release is supposed to be March 21st (Last time I heard) with less than 3 weeks away, I really think the sub or cash shop should be Implemented and tested with feedback beforehand. I just do not see that happening, Hopefully, they prove me wrong. Interesting few weeks ahead.
  • ManzichManzich United States
    Honestly - mmo's are a service that need funding for maintenance costs and for growth and no service should be entirely free. What's wrong with introducing subscription options alongside a non-subscription option?

Non-subscription accounts shouldn't be able to own land and limit the account to one character per account. If somebody really can't pay the sub fee they can still play and join a guild and use the amenities in the guild's house or a friend's house. Subs and non subs could also have the option to buy additional character slots for $5, $10, & $15 dollars one time charges depending on how many times they purchase a character slot up to a total of 4 characters on account per server.

The $5/mo sub would come with 1 additional character for subbing for 1 month. Maybe also add a $10/mo sub fee to the account to own a second housing plot that would also come with two additional characters.

I understand we all get 4 character slots at the moment upon purchasing the game but maybe just give everyone who bought the game already the automatic 4 character slots for being early supporters but take away their houses if they do not subscribe... $30 is way too little money for somebody to pay who plays enough to care to maintain a decent housing plot in the game.

Or maybe make a $5/mo subscription that makes it so players don't have to pay taxes to keep their house plot.
  • NecroNecro Azure
    Like eso
  • This is a masked P2W post... I see it..
  • Borislav said:

This is a masked P2W post... I see it..

lol, kiddies these days
    I really think LOA needs to use the static housing feature to generate income for the game... tons of MMO's have combat systems but what they don't have is the static housing system that LOA has which I think is a huge draw to the game. (or at least it is for me)

I would definitely pay $9.95/mo to have 4 characters and two housing plots I don't pay taxes on, on one account.

Simply because I have maybe two hours of play time per night on average which is not a lot of time due to work and other commitments. Other players may have more free time to play which is fine... maybe even let the non-subscription players have houses, just increase their taxes and eliminate the subscription player's property tax or drastically reduce it.
  • I don't mind paying $5 a month. Also I like the idea of subscription vs non-subscription. Subscribers should get the extra perks.

• OrashnaOrashna Ohio, US
    edited March 14
    I would definitely support a Subscription option that eliminated or lowered taxes

I don't get much time to play either, I'm not a 20 y/o bachelor anymore! And to spend my precious play time farming gold in the most time conscious way just to pay my land taxes kinda hurts
  • Orashna said:

I would definitely support a Subscription option that eliminated or lowered taxes

I don't get much time to play either, I'm not a 20 y/o bachelor anymore! And to spend my precious play time farming gold in the most time conscious way just to pay my land taxes kinda hurts

+1
  • Orashna said:

+1
    +1
  • OuijaOuija Canada
    edited March 16
    Cosmetic items added to the store purchasable with money is the obvious option.

Leather dye tubs
    Ethereal mounts
    shield dye tubs
    Specialty hued robes that when highlighted state that your are a supporter of the game $20

You hafto consider the state of the game when you add items especially one wich give you any advantage AT ALL. any small advantage to a player with money is a disadvantage to a player who has none to spend.

A subscription fee isn't very feasible because the devs would hafto give something in return and it would most likely be advantageous to purchase the subscription leaving a large chunk of there player base at a disadvantage.

a subscription fee for lowering taxes is pretty advantageous.
  • OuijaOuija Canada
    edited March 16
    Mackase said:

I don't mind paying $5 a month. Also I like the idea of subscription vs non-subscription. Subscribers should get the extra perks.

you sir are the reason games fail. the problem here is when steam launches myself and the devs want legends of aria to fill to the brim with new player half if not more of them will be minors who don't currently hold a job but are in school. tho not out of school yet and not the brightest in age they will completely see through the objective bullpoop that you laydown before them if YOU get a better deal then them because you can afford to pay that fee and there parents are working ridiculous hours just to put shoes on there feet and food on the table. no one should hafto remind you that this is a game and although your adults these kind of things usualy end up falling into the younger generation.

This genre of game is meant to be lived in.
    Metaphorically of course but some kids need it to cope , stop thinking of how you can gain and start thinking about everyone.
    I'd pay a $5/mo if it meant a better product because it provides the dev team funding they need to produce content quicker and of higher quality. So long as those who cant afford the sub fee are provided a non sub option that still makes the game playable and allows them to own a house so long as they pay their gold tax.

And I just think the land tax and housing system is the fairest place to place a monetization system that wont be too pay to win or diminish player accomplishments but allow people with real life money and less real life time to grind gold, a way to fund the game and have a house.

I also agree with selling xp boosts as well since this isn't ultimately a pay to win since you can still level skills to max without buying a boost.

Selling cosmetics is never the way to go as cosmetic is really the best way to show off accomplishments in a mmo.
  • NecroNecro Azure
    ESO does the monthly sub perfectly well. They could offer no tax housing, extra character slots, cosmetic like custom houses, mounts, outfits